Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

I hate it when writers don't have Super Heroes using logic to fight villains.

Irelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In issue 37 of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, here he is battling a few Kryptonian villains when he of all the members of the Green Lantern Corps should've been able to handle them because I have seen Hal use his ring to make kryptonite, so why did they not have him do it?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First New 52/Rebirth Lanterns can't make Kryptonite, their powers were nerfed to mere light constructs and energy powers.

Second, while in Rebirth Hal seems more powerful than in N52, he should have given decent fight given his boost, but him losing that horribly just didn't make sense though, though this is just Lanterns being nerfed since New 52, - in Post-Crisis on the other hand, that's another talk.

Third, Characters not using logic while fighting villains is nothing new, that happens like all the time.

Irelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you kindly. I guess I was thinking back to an issue where Hal Jordan was using his ring to shoot kryptonite at Superman when he thought he had it coming until Superman realized that Hal Jordan's ring didn't work on yellow and was able to deflect the blasts with his cape. Of course, the yellow impurity isn't an issue anymore; but it wouldn't hurt for Hal Jordan or one of the other Green Lanterns to scan some from Bat Dude's vault.

Take care and God bless

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First New 52/Rebirth Lanterns can't make Kryptonite, their powers were nerfed to mere light constructs and energy powers.

Second, while in Rebirth Hal seems more powerful than in N52, he should have given decent fight given his boost, but him losing that horribly just didn't make sense though, though this is just Lanterns being nerfed since New 52, - in Post-Crisis on the other hand, that's another talk.

Third, Characters not using logic while fighting villains is nothing new, that happens like all the time.

Super late to this, but I think the loss so hard might also be because (and I could be wrong here,) the planet they're on has two yellow suns, and Zod and his family are much stronger than normal. They were also, somewhat, taken by surprise. It seems like Zod though, is being built up for something big, moving forward, given how much he's gotten used lately between Suicide Squad, Action/Superman, and now GL. Or maybe they just want to give Lor more spotlight for later fights with Jon.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@scouterv said:

Super late to this, but I think the loss so hard might also be because (and I could be wrong here,) the planet they're on has two yellow suns, and Zod and his family are much stronger than normal. They were also, somewhat, taken by surprise. It seems like Zod though, is being built up for something big, moving forward, given how much he's gotten used lately between Suicide Squad, Action/Superman, and now GL. Or maybe they just want to give Lor more spotlight for later fights with Jon.

To be fair, 2 suns could be an artistic depiction i.e. basically unintentional......*one eternity later*, okay i checked writer's tweeter, and apparently your theory is right, they were amped, well at least that explains some of the stuff.

But yeah, DC is hypeing Zod on high ladder, you could be right that they are building something big related to Zod, and that Lor moment as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

To be fair, 2 suns could be an artistic depiction i.e. basically unintentional......*one eternity later*, okay i checked writer's tweeter, and apparently your theory is right, they were amped, well at least that explains some of the stuff.

But yeah, DC is hypeing Zod on high ladder, you could be right that they are building something big related to Zod, and that Lor moment as well.

none of these make sense when superman gets overrunned by a compactor and he is supposed to fight with zod,current DC is very inconsistent in terms of power level.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack:

Can't deny power-level inconsistency, Rebirth so far pulled a lot of that.

But guess it is just matter of time when consistency comes in, but who am i kidding with Bendis on Superman, there will be no consistency....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.