Green Lantern Ring's?

#1 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

ok.. simpele question but i want people to actually back up their answers ok?

who would be the most dangerous person with a Green Lantern ring?

any universe, and fandom... who do you think would be able to kick the most ass with a GL ring?

for those of you who don't know what a GL ring is... here's a lineup...

A power ring that can generate a variety of effects and energy constructs, sustained purely by the ring wearer's strength of will.

The greater the user's willpower, the more effective the ring.

The limits of the power ring's abilities are not clearly defined and it has been referred to as "the most powerful weapon in the universe" on more than one occasion. Across the years, the ring has been shown capable of accomplishing anything within the imagination of the ring bearer. Often the rings are used to form solid-light constructs, the power and size of which are limited only by the ring-bearer's willpower.

Stories in 2006 retconned the ring's longtime lack of effect on yellow objects, stating that the ring-bearer need only feel fear and overcome it in order to affect yellow objects.

Power rings of various wielders have exhibited (but are not limited to) the following:

• Plasma based constructs limited to the willpower of the bearer

• Semi-sentient computers, including Book of Oa reference, from laws to the history of the universe

• Flight across the cosmos through wormholes

• Finite power source, but no longer limited to 24 hours. Kyle Rayner's ring was the first ring to absorb more power than originally thought, having stored the main power battery's energy following its explosion on Oa.

• Force field generation

• Radiation simulation, including Kryptonite

Kyle Rayner suggested, during the battle with Alex Nero, that the ring can split atoms.

the ring can do more than that but that is a basic line up of it's abilities...

go one then, who do you think would be the most dangerous person to have one?

M

#2 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

I think someone like Loki would be a trrue threat with a ring. He is a god, has seen the worst kind of treatment and carried on. He is also evil and would have no remorse if he used the ring wrong.

#3 Posted by speed (568 posts) - - Show Bio

lex luthor

#4 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

luthor would be an amazing threat with the ring... but i'm not sure he has the imagination to use it properly...

M

#5 Posted by speed (568 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#6 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom would be awesome and terrifying with a ring. He has the will and inventiveness to put it to great use. Plus, he already wears some green so it would look cool.

Mr. Majestic, of course. He's got the will, creativity and genius to do some wicked tricks. He already stole Kyle's ring once, too bad he didn't use it for anything.

In the latest GL thing (forget which book, think it was the one with Hal), I really wanted Batman to get the ring. That woulda been cool. All we got to see though were some yellow bats.

I felt the same way when Deathstroke almost got the ring in Identity Crisis (I think it was Identity Crisis anyway). I wanted him to start using it so bad.

Spiderman would be awesome with a ring. I've already seen some fan made images (like this but less lame) of him with a ring. I think he'd start out doing web/spider related constructs before really going wild with it. It'd definitely be fun to read.

Iron Man should get a Ring. It just seems like it would be right.

And if Iron Man gets one, so should Mandarin. :P

#7 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

wow.. that pic kicks ass...

Batman did get the ring in an elseworld...

was quite a good issue as well lol

M

#8 Posted by Raif (416 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really the most powerful but the most insane would be Joker, I would love to see that. I would also like the see Magneto with it.
Post Edited:2007-03-23 00:46:17

#9 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto would be insane with a power ring lol

he already has the willpower the back it up... he'd take apart the x-men with the thought...

M

#10 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention Darkseid. The man would just destroy everything. He never quits and is very intellegent. I'm not sure how imaginative he is, but if the JLU John Stewert can get by with just beams and bubbles Darkseid would be unbeatable.

#11 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#12 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

lol probably :)

i think towards the end of the issue i posted, pretty much every member of the JLA ended up with a ring... got quite stupid as well

M

#13 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

where the ring don't shine?

#14 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#15 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised no one's said Stark. Look at all the s#!t he's done without one. And with that ego...dangerous.

#16 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

yeppers, Tony Stark with a GL ring did indeed kick ass :)

M

#17 Posted by NiteFly (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. Can you think of a stronger willpower?

#18 Posted by Ebony Bishop (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Summers. The man shows no fear, and maybe people would find him more interesting with a GL ring.

I agree with Spider-Man -- I loved how creative he was with the Captain Universe powers, so he might be ready for things that are more than just webs.

Wolverine -- I know he'd just be another Guy Gardner, but if you want to look at a Marvel character without the ability to feel fear...

Ash (Army of Darkness comics) -- It'd just be a giant green chainsaw, and a giant green BOOMSTICK!!

#19 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio

I think gladitor from marvel would be threat, he already uses his on willpower to fight at a gl ring and maybe hes becomes more scary. goku/vegeta too(this base of willpower)

Batman/midnighter/ (their planning)(sheer tactic thinking)

shazam/sliver surfer/ yes doom, would be a terror or any powerhouse

(i can hear shazam saying those words, and in the cloud of dust you hear him saying the green lanterns moto)

for some creative fun i would say taskmaster/deadpool/cable..crazy

(now are we keeping in mind that rings kind of pick people , only the worthy/good,..there have been times(ie they go crazy) and sorry if this question take aways from the trend or distracts)

#20 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

from canon there are 3 qualities the ring looks for when it picks someone...

1, Fearlessnes

2, Honourable

3, Strong Integrity

the ring doesn't actually guage willpower, for some reason different types of willpower have different effects on the ring, as we say at the end of rebirth, Oliver Queen got the ring for a short time and only managed to create one construct. for some reason his 'cynical' willpower didn't have the same effect as a young, hopefull willpower.

M

#21 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

lol yeah :)

spiderman is a good suggestion, batman would just be frickin scary with the ring.

one of the wierdest we've had mentioned on another board was Xander from Buffy, the guy held an amazing argument over it as well, convinced pretty much everyone :)

M

#22 Posted by Ebony Bishop (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, then I take back my Ash suggestion.

I don't think he has any of those things. :)

#23 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio

okay, i was just trying to see how a evil charcther would get one, if the ring barer die, they seek out the next worthy, and a ring cannot be force to work

(dont let me take away from trend/post.. im just asking ..lol)

let evil get em :)

#24 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

evil has gotten the ring before, just because they aren't chosen by the ring doesn't mean they can't use one.

all they have to do is get the ring away from it's barer, not an easy task but doable in some cases, Hal Jordan at one point ended up wearing over 15 of the things, now that was power!

another way for them to get one is to get one from the Quardians, think evil Guardians lol. exactly the same as a green lantern ring, exept yellow :)

M

#25 Posted by Mind (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil; he is fearless, has integrity, willpower and he is honourable. I don't think he lacks imagination either, considering he is a lawyer and all.

#26 Posted by GoocherLee (393 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Lord Sauron

One Ring to Rule them all... the other? To keep them that way.

#27 Posted by V (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Helmet, from Space Balls. That guy already knows how to use a powerful ring.

#28 Posted by Boken (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

Space balls good movie.

#29 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. He got enough willpower to stand up for the whole resistance of the superhuman registration act, especially when Iron Man was trying to jam him with the mind thing in their fight and he kept standing up after every time Iron man fired it. That is some immeasurable willpower He is noble, has integrity, he is basically the perfect hero. If he had the ring, the OMG! Tony Stark's armor would be a piece of junk metal by now. I think he deserves the ring.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
#30 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would be insane with the ring. He'd bust out some Bat-Whuppin' on the universe. Believe me. This isn't even close.

Batman's got the will, the intelligence, and the sheer dedication. It'd be insanity for the Bat-Foes over in Gotham.

#31 Posted by ION (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that this is probably one of the crazier suggestions but what about Dazzler? She already has the ability to manipulate light and create "holograms" Imagine what she could do with the power of a ring combined with her own power. Plus Galactus had her go into a black hole because she was powerful enough to do so and the Beyonder himself said that she is one of the most powerful beings on earth. Thoughts?

#32 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler? She is a kind of odd character, but then again Jubilee was basically a diet coke version of her.

#33 Posted by ION (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Then again I had that thought at 5 in the morning with no sleep...

#34 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell, Give a GL Ring to Angie (Engineer: The Authority)

i bet she'd kick some serious ass with it, or maybe Midnighter... scary thought there

M

#35 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter or Batman would be unstoppable.

#36 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"lol yeah :)spiderman is a good suggestion, batman would just be frickin scary with the ring.

Anybody remember the when he got the Captain Universe powers?

It's a little hard to see in this pic, but I have been bestowed with a GL power ring too.

#37 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

oohhh. shiny... got one myself :)

M

#38 Posted by Mind (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, I wonder how many people in this site have GL's rings.

#39 Posted by NiteFly (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

Mind says:

"Interesting, I wonder how many people in this site have GL's rings."

More than you'd like to know : )

#40 Posted by Ebony Bishop (792 posts) - - Show Bio

ION says:

"I know that this is probably one of the crazier suggestions but what about Dazzler? She already has the ability to manipulate light and create "holograms" Imagine what she could do with the power of a ring combined with her own power. Plus Galactus had her go into a black hole because she was powerful enough to do so and the Beyonder himself said that she is one of the most powerful beings on earth. Thoughts?"

Bless you sir. To have someone else acknowledge Dazzler's potential brings a tear to my eye.

I thought though, that the point was, eventually Dazz should be able to do all that stuff WITHOUT a ring.

And wasn't Cerise (Nightcrawler's Shi'ar girlfriend in Excalibur) just a mutant with a built in GL power?

#41 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Dazzler much. I know I'm gonna get killed for this, but I prefer Jubilee.

Either way, neither would be too reat with the ring. Maybe someone smart, like Lex Luthor or Mr. Fantastic. Smarts plus awesome power is a good combination.

#42 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

luthor would be a massive threat with the ring.

you saw him take the ring in 'last son of earth' where he threatened to use it to atomise Superman.

M

#43 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll get the hang of this version of image linking one day lol

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.