Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2501 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern Episode 1.24 'Scarred' Review

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Green Lantern: The Animated Series has transformed into a ginormous tsunami of raw emotion over the past few episodes. The Aya / Razer relationship has undergone brilliant developments and 'Scarred' is yet another excellent chapter in this engrossing final tale.

'Scarred' reveals Aya's complex origin story and there's a very interesting twist thrown into the mix. It turns out she's not as artificial as she believes and this adds even more empathy for her (as if there wasn't enough already!). Naturally, this development is huge for Razer since he's no longer in love with just "a machine" and this is sure to make the conclusion even more of a tearjerker.

GL:TAS has managed to produce some witty lines and fun action, and 'Scarred' definitely does not disappoint. From LAME-O's interactions ("You told me to shut up!") to a spectacular looking space sequence, this show continues to be an ever-growing bundle of fun. I know when it comes to the animation some of you aren't fans of the character anatomy, but there's so much more to appreciate here. From the massive Anti-Aya destroying a world to Razer's flowing and almost hypnotic shield, this show's a highly detailed and vibrant spectacle.

Sure, it was super predictable that their solution wouldn't work (there's two episodes left, after all), but that didn't matter because everything was executed in such a fantastic and engrossing manner. There was a glimmer of hope when it came to Razer making a breakthrough with Aya, but now that's clearly gone (talk about a powerful backhand) and has me anxious yet nervous to see what follows. Despite it being tragic, I couldn't help but love seeing Aya rock the Interceptor with a brutal combo.

With only two chapters left I'm thrilled to see how they'll wrap everything up. How will the Guardians react to the latest information? Will Aya now cast aside any and all emotion and conduct a massive assault with her Manhunters? Will we get a happy ending with Razer and Aya... or will we have to go through the heartbreak of seeing her die (again). Regardless of what happens next, I'm confident it'll be exceptional.

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. He wants to live in an alternate universe where GL:TAS made action figures and was renewed for another season. Chat with him on Twitter.

universal_adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By universal_adam

No. The living being inside the battery is the entity Ion. Not, the first lantern.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Going to miss this show soooo damn much

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@universal_adam said:

No. The living being inside the battery is the entity Ion. Not, the first lantern.

I said a nod, not that it is the First Lantern. They made it obvious it's not a person, I just thought it could be viewed as an easter egg to the current events going on in the comics.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Going to miss this show soooo damn much

Agreed. It's terrible its fate is apparently determined by merch. Maybe if they actually made affordable action figures (like TMNT) then it would have earned more money. I know I would have absolutely purchased those.

universal_adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By universal_adam

Well then no, I do not think it is a nod to the first lantern. I think it's a direct reference to Ion. Perhaps I misunderstand how discussing Ion is a nod to the first lantern.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@universal_adam said:

Well then no, I do not think it is a nod to the first lantern. I think it's a direct reference to Ion. Perhaps I misunderstand how discussing Ion is a nod to the first lantern.

That makes more sense. Forgive me, I was up late and didn't get a coffee before watching/reviewing this morning. I've removed that blurb from the review to avoid further confusion.

universal_adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By universal_adam

Not a problem. Honestly I kind of hate that I love this show so much because it's totally building up to blackest night (I'm sure you noticed the Black Hand Symbol in "The Science Director's" Office. And there are only a few episodes left. Tragic.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@universal_adam said:

Not a problem. Honestly I kind of hate that I love this show so much because it's totally building up to blackest night (I'm sure you noticed the Black Hand Symbol in "The Science Director's" Office. And there are only a few episodes left. Tragic.

No, I actually didn't spot that easter egg! I usually grab a coffee and watch the episode twice before writing my review, but this morning I woke up a bit late and wanted to get it out there asap. Yes, it really is a shame this show only has two more episodes because, like you've said, there's so much potential here. Yet somehow a lack of toy sales (which were poorly marketed) is apparently all that matters. CN's handling of this has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ms__omega

I think i am going to cry when GL and Young Justice ends this episode was soooooooooo damned good.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By NightFang3

@Ms. Omega said:

I think i am going to cry when GL and Young Justice ends this episode was soooooooooo damned good.

Damn, you Cartoon Network!

Ben3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ben3000

This was such a great episode. I missed the Black Hand symbol. I know the director Rick Morales said the robot in the Science Directors lab was meant to be a prototype Alpha Lantern. It really is a shame that the show is ending in two weeks. Especially since this morning it was the number one thing trending in the United States Twitter for that entire hour, yes beating the two Justin Bieber trends that were going on as well. Also it was able to jump to the World Wide trend as well when Young Justice was on.

Mini_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mini_Bat

So we have Scar, The Book of the Black, The Will Entity Ion, Sinestro Rings materials, Sinestro Himself, and 5 of the 8 corps but no 2nd season? This sucks

sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sikboy1029

If it ever does get renewed the next season will be great, lot of stuff to work with.

sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sikboy1029

@k4tzm4n said:

@universal_adam said:

No, I actually didn't spot that easter egg! I usually grab a coffee and watch the episode twice before writing my review, but this morning I woke up a bit late and wanted to get it out there asap. Yes, it really is a shame this show only has two more episodes because, like you've said, there's so much potential here. Yet somehow a lack of toy sales (which were poorly marketed) is apparently all that matters. CN's handling of this has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

The bad part is that there are no GLTAS toys, the statues are all we got & I am happy to say I have them all.

irishking44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By irishking44

I hope we get to see Guy Gardener again in the finale. Also did the planet they went to this week remind anyone else of Krypton?

sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sikboy1029

@irishking44: I take it you didn't see the first half of the season? They get trapped on that planet. You should pick up the DVD if you're interested in it.

irishking44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By irishking44

No I did. I meant the planet where they find the Sci Director. Not the one with the floating balloon people

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Seeing the Book of the Black just sitting on Scar's shelf made my jaw hit the ground.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#19  Edited By StMichalofWilson

I can't believe this series is not going to continue, and I just saw the Book of Black!!! I was sooo looking forward to a Blackest Night story arc. Damn you Cartoon Network for removing such potential cartoons!!!

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By weaponxx

Amazing episodes with several moments literally giving me chills! The only thing I don't like which was acknowledged in this review is the animation is not the greatest, but to me, that is NOTHING compared to such a wonderful story with great action, plot, and dialogue. This show needs to continue soooo badly!

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By weaponxx

I'd pay some good money for said action figures which I can't find anywhere... (Im not going to buy the super expensive statues, however, to rich for my blood).

sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sikboy1029

@weaponx: Figures don't exist unless you can get a hold of the prototypes, there were never any officially released thanks to that turd of a GL movie that nobody bought the figures based off of (big shock, I know)

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By weaponxx

@sikboy1029: then what toy sales are they complaining about?! makes me so mad...

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By HubrisRanger

From about five minutes of research online, I can find that Aya or a version there of previously existed in the DCU comic universe, but I really hope that someone brings this version back in some manner. Such an amazing character, and it is just a shame this show couldn't find a wide enough audience that she could pull a Harley Quinn and jump over to the main continuity. Afraid after the next two episodes, we'll never see another version of her again. :(

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SHTR

Such a shame this series is ending so soon...

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By lifeboy

K4tzm4n, maybe we should throw a final going away party for this show, after all, it has brought much happiness.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By modunhanul

I really wish Cartoon Network reconsider about cancellation of this show.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aeroman

@NightFang: I call them craptoon network from now on

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@modunhanul said:

I really wish Cartoon Network reconsider about cancellation of this show.

As do I.

@lifeboy said:

K4tzm4n, maybe we should throw a final going away party for this show, after all, it has brought much happiness.

Hah!

@sikboy1029 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@universal_adam said:

The bad part is that there are no GLTAS toys, the statues are all we got & I am happy to say I have them all.

Lucky duck! I'd really want the Atrocitius one but it's too pricey for me.

Avatar image for gorillazman2012
    gorillazman2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gorillazman2012

Loving this show, the style of animation took a couple of episodes to get used too, but it looks amazing nowadays, such a shame its being cancelled, even more so with the book of the black being shown, wonder if it was allow to continue they would do a blackest night style story?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By comicace3

Can you believe the good shows always gets cancelled in cartoonnetwork? Dumb shows like regular show and Adventure time get more respect then these fine works of art. It's humiliating!

sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sikboy1029

@weaponx said:

@sikboy1029: then what toy sales are they complaining about?! makes me so mad...

EXACTLY! It is very frustrating to say the least...

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sethysquare

FCUK CARTOON NETWORK. THIS EPISODE IS SO GOOD.

Its so obvious they're building up all the 7 emotional spectrum and they will have a blackest night in GLTAS if they didn't cancel it.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mettlekm

Love the Douglas Adams homage.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha when I was a kid watching Justice League I knew that I hated the Guardians.

Avatar image for darkseid_beyond
    Darkseid_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Darkseid_Beyond

Considering their weakness to the Yellow Crystals, is it possible Parallax is involved in some way? I thought Parallax was trapped inside the Central Power Battery which is why they have a weakness to it to begin with? Aya may be made from Parallax or at least influenced by it.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@Aeroman said:

@NightFang: I call them craptoon network from now on

Good idea.

jbressi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jbressi
    No Caption Provided

we got teased the Blackest Night, and now the closest well get is new fan art. *sigh. So here's my contribution, a shot i just did the other day. im amassing a bunch of lanterns to do the cover of Green Lantern 19 coming out, threw indigo 1 in for fun. More here on my studio's FB page, http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151006693253396.453055.101083953395&type=3

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Jenkale

i liked it but it was so predictable. oh the one guardian who LIED about giving up her powers betrayed the team. what a shocker (sarcasm abounds). with her sprouting her superiority throughout this episode i dont get why no one was suspicious of Scar. and i so hate Razor now. hated the way he has been treating Aya but was hoping he would wise up to his stupidity and just let love win. it doesnt matter what Aya is, if you love her just be with her dude. but then Aya went all dark phoenix and now his feelings are coming out a little to late. this episode gave him a "reason" to finally give in to love but it sucks. now that he knows that she is "truly" alive its ok for him to love her? bogus.

let me give you example with a real word situation: razor before: your not rich? i cant love you. razor now: you actually are rich? i love you. just sub rich with alive and you get it. razor's official a jerk. i know its going to be a "happy ending" with aya and razor together but i really dont think he's deserves to get her back that easily. i would prefer after they save her that she doesnt just run back into his arms. real love is caring about someone no matter what, though aya's love is true razor's isnt.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40  Edited By Ganthetsward20

@gorillazman2012: I made a bunch of weird noises when i saw the Book of The Black I was so giddy and then the reveal that she was Scar was also making me hoot and holler out of joy then cry in despair as i remember there are only two episodes left and we haven't seen lanterns of compassion or really delt with death or life lanterns and that the show is ending and that these were probably going to come up in the next season.

jbressi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jbressi

theres always a blackest night CGI strait to dvd movie. but that'll never happen. i really wanted to see the book of black more, and see the guardians forge a yellow ring to fight AYA. but those easter eggs alone to see in a diff form other then comic page is still great

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yeah its really gonna suck not seeing this for much longer. Such a great program.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES FANS!

I'VE SET UP AN INTERVIEW WITH THE SHOW'S PRODUCER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS YOU'D LIKE TO ASK.

Obviously, extremely negative questions about CN will not be passed along :P

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#44  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Just ask him this one question for me okay? For all those fans who are upset with the series's end do you think it is possible to have a Green Lantern Animated Series Movie to wrap up any lose ends left open?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By Raw_Material

@Fantasgasmic said:

Seeing the Book of the Black just sitting on Scar's shelf made my jaw hit the ground.

I seen that! Scarred appearing in this animated series was amazing but I wish the voice was more vicious sounding. However, the episodes was overall great, especially in the end when LAME-O sacrifices himself to detain Aya.

p.s. He took the interceptor with him though!

sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sikboy1029

@k4tzm4n: Just ask if they have noticed the worldwide trends on twitter every weekend during the new episodes & show them the petition with 30,000 sigs. Just let them know that just because the GL movie bombed doesn't mean that their product isn't great. Also, was the introduction of the Sinestro Corps planned for season 2?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sikboy1029: Sorry, but I already submitted the questions. Additionally, I sincerely doubt he'd be allowed to speak freely about his relationship with Cartoon Network. At least not yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.