tomlikesfries's Green Lantern: New Guardians #15 - The Need for Greed review

Avatar image for tomlikesfries

The need for greed

The Rise of the Third Army storyline on Green Lantern: New Guardians has so far been rather slow paced. However, do not take that as a bad thing. You see, each issue Bedard delivers Kyle channeling a lantern color. Here, he masters avarice with the help of Larfleeze. Tony does a fantastic job by exploring the Orange Lantern a bit more, and actually giving him emotions. In fact, he perfectly shows the difference in GL Rayner's nature once he masters avarice, by making him greedy as shown in the well done piece of dialogue.

The Third Army finally attacks Kyle here. Bedard makes sure to deliver intriguing action, especially because it's so much fun to see a single lantern using multiple rings in a battle. Well, not really rings, but the many colors Kyle has channeled.

Now, although the pacing is slow, this issue, despite being very fun, felt a bit rushed. Don't get me wrong, Bedard has written a very interesting and intriguing plot, but the way Kyle channels avarice, much like his mastering of fear, felt a bit rushed, as did the way they dealt with the Third Army. Nevertheless, as I said before, this a very enjoyable comic.

I am so glad Kuder is on the pencils. His cartoony style seems to fit the story perfectly, not to mention it's basically eye candy.

Overall, this was a very fun issue, despite the few flaws. Bedard is taking things nice and slow, despite the fact that this comic felt a little bit rushed. New Guardians #15 gets 7/10.