Follow

Green Lantern Corps

Team » Green Lantern Corps appears in 1590 issues.

The Green Lantern Corps is an intergalactic police force dedicated to the promotion of order and democracy throughout the universe. Each Green Lantern member protects a sector and it is their duty to defend it from any possible threat.

Who is the worst Green Lantern of the Big Five.

• 83 results
    Overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Overkill

I never liked Guy. Mostly because of his "oh-look-at-me-I'm-a-bad-boy" attitude and his craptastic hair style.

Ultimate JSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By Ultimate JSA
    @Sexy Merc said:
    "It's pretty obvious who everyone is going to pick.  Kyle's the best. I consider Alan in his own league so the Big Five for me is Kilowog replacing him. "

i totaly agree with her on alan but put in mogo he is so awsome an entire planet that is a GL how is that not cool
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By AMS
    @Dracade102: 

Blasphemy! 

G'nort is one of the greatest lanterns to ever live! he'll show you all one day! If he ever is allowed to appear in a comic that is!  

AYO JOHNS BRING BACK G'NORT!   
    Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#54  Edited By Liberty
    @AMS: 

Amen!
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By velle37

Either Guy or Hal....... 

Hmmmm... The guy who talks too much and is a annoying.... Or the guy who destroyed the entire universe........... 

Tough decision.........
    Wurl124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Wurl124
    @velle37:
    Guy is just Guy.  He's always been an A-Hole.  Hal jumped off the deep end and almost didn't make it back.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By velle37
    @Wurl124 said:

"@velle37: Guy is just Guy.  He's always been an A-Hole.  Hal jumped off the deep end and almost didn't make it back. "

It was retconned into him being possessed..... eh........ 

I don't hate them either..... 

I don't like how they are used somtimes, but that's not their fault... It's the writer's fault.......
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By velle37

@Zoom said:
    "@wallywest55 said:
    "Well if i had to choose. Alan scott bc his ring is "out of date" He still does work in the JSA but would lose in a duel against any of the other lanterns on that list. Best is definitely hal. Also people arent voting on who is actually worse based on skill, they are voting based on personality which has nothing to do with a lantern being good or bad. lol "
    Uh...if a character is unlikeable, they are a bad character.  Nobody said anything about skill level but now that you mension it, Hal has admited that John has more skill than he has, Guy clearly has more willpower and Kyle has boatloads more creativity on top of higher level feats like holding together planets and nuclear fission. Hal is the worst in just about every aspect. "

When has Hal said John has more skill?
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sexy Merc said:

"  Kyle is the most powerful Lantern, Post-Crisis, unless you include Alan. "

What has Guy ever done to ever put him close to reaching Kyle's league? He's the second most powerful GL by far.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sexy Merc said:

What has Guy ever done to ever put him close to reaching Kyle's league? He's the second most powerful GL by far. "
    Guy has some pretty crazy feats but Kyle's solo series allowed to have a much more wider range of feats. Guy for instance, has stalemated Eradicator, Lobo, beat a horde of Rocket Reds and Kilowog at the same time etc. The top 3 GLs power-wise are Kyle, Hal, and Alan.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " Guy for instance, has stalemated Eradicator, Lobo, beat a horde of Rocket Reds and Kilowog at the same time etc.  "
    I see. Pretty good. But I still don't see how that puts him near Kyle. He's not close to Alan either.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sexy Merc said:
    " Guy for instance, has stalemated Eradicator, Lobo, beat a horde of Rocket Reds and Kilowog at the same time etc.  "
    I see. Pretty good. But I still don't see how that puts him near Kyle. He's not close to Alan either. "
    Some of the Lanterns have already fought each other. Currently, Johns is writing them as equals in a way, which is understandable since they're the top tiers but he seems to be ignoring a lot of Kyle's run.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " he seems to be ignoring a lot of Kyle's run. "
    I honestly wouldn't know. It's been years since I've put any serious effort in Kyle. All I remember is that as far as lanterns went, the only one that could beat him was Alan for reasons you know.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sexy Merc said:
    " he seems to be ignoring a lot of Kyle's run. "
    I honestly wouldn't know. It's been years since I've put any serious effort in Kyle. All I remember is that as far as lanterns went, the only one that could beat him was Alan for reasons you know. "
    Oh I see. Well I pretty much have every appearance of Kyle in a comic. Even had to grab that lame Marvel crossover and the Wildstorm one.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " Oh I see. "
    what I meant was I'm familiar with the insane feats he pulled after Hal wen batshit crazy and when he was the main GL and after for while. But nothing recent, as in the last 2-3 years.
    @Sexy Merc said:
     that lame Marvel crossover and the Wildstorm one. "
    if you were at my place I'd poor you a glass of vodka. God that one sucked.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By velle37
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sexy Merc said:

What has Guy ever done to ever put him close to reaching Kyle's league? He's the second most powerful GL by far. "
    Guy has some pretty crazy feats but Kyle's solo series allowed to have a much more wider range of feats. Guy for instance, has stalemated Eradicator, Lobo, beat a horde of Rocket Reds and Kilowog at the same time etc. The top 3 GLs power-wise are Kyle, Hal, and Alan. "

PC some random newly made GL beat lobo, idk what changed Post-crisis, but most GL's should be able to own Lobo. 

Also isn't Eradicator slightly weaker than Superman?.......... Cuz i've seen both John and Hal go up against Supes, and sometimes Supes+ more people........
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By brc2000

I don't think any of them are bad, but I'll pick Kyle because of the annoying fanboys (I know Hal has fanboys as well, but they're not as whiny).

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Liberty
    @brc2000:   Maybe but Hal is more whiny =]
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69  Edited By Zoom
    @velle37 said:
    "
    @Zoom said:
    "@wallywest55 said:
    "Well if i had to choose. Alan scott bc his ring is "out of date" He still does work in the JSA but would lose in a duel against any of the other lanterns on that list. Best is definitely hal. Also people arent voting on who is actually worse based on skill, they are voting based on personality which has nothing to do with a lantern being good or bad. lol "
    Uh...if a character is unlikeable, they are a bad character.  Nobody said anything about skill level but now that you mension it, Hal has admited that John has more skill than he has, Guy clearly has more willpower and Kyle has boatloads more creativity on top of higher level feats like holding together planets and nuclear fission. Hal is the worst in just about every aspect. "
    When has Hal said John has more skill? "

Somewhere in the new series.  He's said John is a faster, more maneuverable flier than him and with John's military training, he's obviously a better at tactics.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By velle37
    @Zoom said:
    "@velle37 said:
    "
    @Zoom said:
    "@wallywest55 said:
    Somewhere in the new series.  He's said John is a faster, more maneuverable flier than him and with John's military training, he's obviously a better at tactics. "

Niiiice.... 

Do you have scans of Hal saying this?....
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By Silkcuts

Can't believe Hal is losing. Not a huge fan of the guy, but still.  Thank God Kyle is looking good as least "Worst".

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By King_Saturn
    I have to go with Guy Gardner here... even though Guy does not suck... I cant put him over Kyle, Hal or Alan Scott... and John Stewart is one of the few Black Superheroes that we have that has Great Power via the Ring
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Guy, but only because is ego is the size of a blimp

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By velle37
    @Zoom said:
    "@velle37 said:
    "
    @Zoom said:
    "@wallywest55 said:
    Somewhere in the new series.  He's said John is a faster, more maneuverable flier than him and with John's military training, he's obviously a better at tactics. "

I remember reading that Hal said John was the best flyer in the corps, but i've never seen a scan......
    Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Liberty

Creeper!

Hal reminds himself that Supergirl is underage.  Pretty Creepy for a dude in his late 40's.
     Hal reminds himself that Supergirl is underage.  Pretty Creepy for a dude in his late 40's.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By velle37
    @Liberty said:
    "

Creeper!

Hal reminds himself that Supergirl is underage. Pretty Creepy for a dude in his late 40's.
    Hal reminds himself that Supergirl is underage. Pretty Creepy for a dude in his late 40's.
    "

He was like this with Arisia too........ Then they retconned Arisia into a 240 year old by stating her planet's orbit is significantly longer than Earths......  

Deahstroke was all statutory rapey with Terra too..... 

Dc has an interesting history with it's characters................
    TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheThe

Guy and Hal

Avatar image for batflasharrow96
    batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By batflasharrow96

I refuse to vote but I think they are all equal. Maybe Guy, he did nothing great but was very consistent

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#79  Edited By Kastiel

Hal without a doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PEOPLE ! I see a lot of people picking a favorite just by who they grew up with. I've only been reading GL for 5 years (since Hal came back) and because of that I love him, but not because he's the star now that I'm reading. I think the entire Geoff Johns run on GL since 2005 has proven that Hal can make up for what he's done. Sure hes done bad things in the past and almost lost himself, but who hasn't? I know I've gone pretty far off the deep end at times, but I always find a way back. Don't play favorites people. They are all damaged and have made up for most of it in recent years. Look at Hal, hes saved the corps and the universe many times now and still marches on in his endless quest to make up for what hes done in his past. Kyle Rayner has shown to be doubtful and at times telling himself he's just second fiddle to Hal. Recently he's realized that's not what he's about. He is one of the greatest GL's ever and is right up there with Hal. He was picked for a reason, not at random. Guy was an angry A-hole and has, in his Emerald Warriors book, been really opened up and spewed out on the page. He isn't always angry inside. He is nice and friendly, he just has to deal with a lot; mostly his own emotions. Also, John Stewart has been dealing with the whole mess with that planet. (The fact that I dont know a lot about that is just further evidence that they need to explore him more). Can't you see now? Can't you see why this is like choosing between my children? My very very emotionally damaged; angry, regretful, doubtful children. I don't hate any of them. I love them all equally. 

No Caption Provided
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Suprised to see Hal in losing he is my favorite. I dont rate any of the earth based lanterns as highly.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82  Edited By Kallarkz
    @UpUpAndAway said:
    PEOPLE ! I see a lot of people picking a favorite just by who they grew up with. I've only been reading GL for 5 years (since Hal came back) and because of that I love him, but not because he's the star now that I'm reading. I think the entire Geoff Johns run on GL since 2005 has proven that Hal can make up for what he's done. Sure hes done bad things in the past and almost lost himself, but who hasn't? I know I've gone pretty far off the deep end at times, but I always find a way back. Don't play favorites people. They are all damaged and have made up for most of it in recent years. Look at Hal, hes saved the corps and the universe many times now and still marches on in his endless quest to make up for what hes done in his past. Kyle Rayner has shown to be doubtful and at times telling himself he's just second fiddle to Hal. Recently he's realized that's not what he's about. He is one of the greatest GL's ever and is right up there with Hal. He was picked for a reason, not at random. Guy was an angry A-hole and has, in his Emerald Warriors book, been really opened up and spewed out on the page. He isn't always angry inside. He is nice and friendly, he just has to deal with a lot; mostly his own emotions. Also, John Stewart has been dealing with the whole mess with that planet. (The fact that I dont know a lot about that is just further evidence that they need to explore him more). Can't you see now? Can't you see why this is like choosing between my children? My very very emotionally damaged; angry, regretful, doubtful children. I don't hate any of them. I love them all equally. 
    No Caption Provided
    great post sir.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#83  Edited By Kairan1979

Guy Gardner is the worst.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.