the_cyan_lantern's Green Lantern #57 - What Happens in Las Vegas Nevada review

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern

It's a Man's World (That Ladies Run)

Summary:

Hal's mission drags him now to Vegas with Larfleeze where Carol patrols for the Predator as hit seeks a host, but she is sent to collect him.

The Good:

I remember at my first con (WWC) at a DC forum a gentlemen asked "When will we see a Man- Violet Lantern?" They laughed and joked how he'll look in a one- piece. But from this cover you can clearly see this suit works. Kinda has that David Bowie- Starman look but don't let that fool you. Overall the book had a whole story arc within it's self that works. A problem to start, mission in the middle, and a result at the end. Sometimes that would be hard to convey, yet Geoff made it to a success.

The Bad:

Even though Geoff worked hard to have large story to tell us in one issue, he left us by the wayside in what happened with Hector. Maybe we'll see in following issues, but how did the boys escape?

Review: 4 out of 5

After waiting more than a month for this issue, it stands enough to forgive that GL gap. We do have a unresolved 3 pages but you can look past that and see this issue deserves a fair 4, out of 5.