razzatazz's Green Lantern #47 - To Hell and Back review

Avatar image for razzatazz

A whisper in the shouting

After the two main issues of this story arc being of the highest quality (Green Lantern Corps and the Blackest Night tie-in) this issue takes a step back if only slightly.  As was alluded to in the last issue the story here focuses pretty much on the four assembled ring bearers against Abin and Arin Sur.  Of course Hal and Sinestro have the most in common with these resurrected Green Lanterns, and they serve as the focus for their attacks, although Carol and Indigo 1 are active as well and prove themselves.  The action cuts away to John Stewart who has been mostly ignored throughout the entire series thus far, receiving a few panels here or there, as he does here.  The action really focuses on Korugar though as a tentative alliance is formed before racing to the aid of the Blue Lanterns.  The moment at the beginning when Atrocitus has his heart torn out is quite a lot of fun as well, and for the second time in as many issues I found myself rooting for the supervillain.  Still quite a strong issue and keeps the energy alive.