chaplainandrews's Green Lantern #33 - Secret Origin, Part 5 review

Avatar image for chaplainandrews

Green Lantern Secret Origins Part 5

Reading through the origin story of Hal Jordan, Green Lantern, we see his growing relationship with Sinestro. This relationship puts chills on a reader—while at the same time brings sympathy toward Sinestro. Leading to the question of whether Sinestro was a mad man, or a visionary.

While this back ground story doesn't justify his evil response nor his shady techniques—it makes you wonder…"does he truly have a moral agenda that matches my own?"

In this book, we see the message from Abin Sur. The message of warning about Arocitus and his presence on Earth. This sets the tone for a new light shining on the Sinestro message and his agenda to change the rules of the Green Lanterns to be able to kill when necessary. (more...)

Other reviews for Green Lantern #33 - Secret Origin, Part 5

Not my boyfriend 0

After the last issue which was less about tying Hal's origin into the modern flow of comics, this one again sort of rewrites the past with some new information about why Sinestro and Hal at one time were close friends and what Abin Sur was doing on Earth in the first place.  The first part of the issue deals with Hammond who is still attacking Carol and Hal, until Sinestro intervenes (and intervenes quickly).  The two Green Lanterns then head off to discover the remains of Sur's ship and discove...

Creepy Uncle Hector 0

In Brief: Hector Hammond causes some trouble for Hal and Carrol, who have their respective bacon saved by Sinestro. Then Hal and Sinestro go on a little Atrocitus hunt.   The Writing: This is definitely one of those 'rising action' issues. It has more action than any other previous installment. This has the effect of gearing the reader up for the soon-to-happen conclusion. However, true to John's excellent writing style, the action is never un-motivated. Un-motivated action I would define as gra...