Lemire - Green Arrow?

mrj_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrj_rich

I am intrigued by the idea of Lemire/Sorrentino on Green Arrow. Would it be a good idea to jump right into it or go back to issue # 1? I was a fan of the previous incarnations of the character (Before New 52), but have heard that the current one is awful. I may ignore the current story arcs. Do you think it would hinder my understanding of the current comic or would ignoring it be better?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would jump onto the series with #17 because the earlier issues are not really that great

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

jump right into it....hopefully Lemire just ignores the previous runs by the other writers and goes in his own direction...besides that I don't think the other writers of this book have been competent enough to have left any lingering plot points

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

Ignoring what's come before will be a lot better, and it saves you from wasting your money on s####y storytelling. There'll most likely be some sort of attachment to the previous issues, but it's not going to be anything too hard to jump into.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#5  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Green Arrow sucked up to this point, I might have to start reading Arrow now. I love Jeff Lemire in AnimalMan.

andmurdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By andmurdock

From what I understand, don't worry about the earlier stuff. Not worth it.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By arnoldoaad

@mrj_rich said:

I am intrigued by the idea of Lemire/Sorrentino on Green Arrow. Would it be a good idea to jump right into it or go back to issue # 1? I was a fan of the previous incarnations of the character (Before New 52), but have heard that the current one is awful. I may ignore the current story arcs. Do you think it would hinder my understanding of the current comic or would ignoring it be better?

I do not recommend to check 1-16

it definitely wont help and the sole fact that its done by 4 different writers make it a very disjointed read which will probably make you hate the character with visceral force

Like it did to me =D

but

Lemire is a good writer and Sorrentino is a brilliant artist so maybe it will be fine

Arsenal117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya 1-16 sucked

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.