Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4301 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Television Justice League Potential?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lots of big news in the world of Cinematic for DC and WB, but there are other mediums where DC has had some success. I'm talking about television. Specifically, the television series "Arrow." While I think it's more than obvious now that Stephen Amell and the Arrow crew will be sticking to the small screen, alongside Grant Gustins' Flash, one can't help but what the future holds for them as well.

And I got to thinking about the idea of a team-up down the line, after perhaps one more show is introduced. Originally, a friend and I were throwing out names for League members that could potentially run with a show, when it occurred to me that instead of a Justice League, perhaps a more accurate name for a group, likely led by Arrow would be a Seven Soldiers incarnation. It was my thought that perhaps a series focusing on the Zatara Family, and specifically the blossoming talent of one Zatanna Zatara (along with Zachary.) I would honestly see the series as very...Buffy The Vampire Slayer in vibe, personally. That's me though.

With that in mind, and some of the rumored names like Red Hood (in place of Crimson Avenger, may not have to be Todd since people before him have used the name) and Flash replacing Bulleteer, before we meet Stargirl and STRIPE, somewhere down the road a movie (could be televised, could go to the silver screen,) featuring this version of the team could be a good move for the company.

That's my idea though, and I'm curious what other people think of the idea of a team-up going forward for the television universe. Good idea? Arrow too grounded? Not fit for Magic? Or do you have your own ideas for a team-up?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

they're slowly adding a few powers but mostly some kind of science base

if eventually they did use magic brother blood could come back powerfully

but i don't see it, a team maybe but i'm not sure who they'd use, with justice league coming out in a few years and all

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@mrnoital: I actually really liked Brother Blood so I would be all for that. However, the focus more on the Cult of Blood aspect rather than the magic makes me think that as far as simply Arrow goes (not counting potential crossovers,) they will stick to scientific-based powers.

With that in mind, that's why I think it'll be a different series all-together that goes with magic. I would argue it's a toss-up between Raven and Zatanna for DCs best known full-on Mage after maybe Doctor Fate. However Fate would probably be too much for TV, Raven is so connected I feel people would be screaming for live-action Titans and forgetting about Raven the individual. Plus, think a female lead could add a little more diversity to the field.

I was thinking anywhere between five and seven members. Flash, Arrow, Question, Zatanna, and Arsenal come to mind. I suppose it really goes on what you wanna base the team off of. I think the Seven Soldiers of Victory (which would require a couple more members, and almost assure Red Hood a shot,) is a way to go. There's also the chance they wanna go with an incarnation of New 52s Justice League of America. This could even be considered a Suicide Squad version, (a callback to the proposed SuperMax.)

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@scouterv: I'm pretty sure they said constantine would be separate, but he would be cool

you give some good names that would be cool, but the effects for them might not always be easy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.