How accurate is the tv show Arrow...

#1 Edited by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

compared to the comics?

is green arrow a dark hero?

is the story about the same?

did he have to live on an island for years?

was he rich?

did he have the same fighting style?

#2 Posted by tikhunt (896 posts) - - Show Bio

1. It's not an accurate potrayal of the character however it's a representation of a part of the characters history where he became less goofy and decided to take up a no nonsense attitude.

2.He isn't as dark as he is portrayed in the show but has been rather dark in the past.

3. The island storyline is similar but not identical. The whole killing the people who have ruined the city, not so much.

4. Yes he did and he trained there for one year not five.

5. Incredibly rich, not as much as batman but still the head of a business.

6. Yes he normally uses trick arrows and regular arrows to take out normal thugs but also relies greatly on his hand to hand skills.

#3 Edited by Commander_Kane (756 posts) - - Show Bio

Just started watching this show, just never got around to it till recently. Almost finished with the first season..and so far I gotta say it's fantastic. As tikhunt said in the following post, it doesn't follow the comic arrow 100 percent. But it's not far from it, and it has a perfect mix of authenticity and originality. The character introductions are always top notch, which is the main draw in for me, along with its masterful action and fighting scenes.. Green Arrow wasn't always my favorite hero, and a lot of mainstream fans really look at him like a two bit chump. But I think this show has brought much needed respect to him. Didnt care for the way they did the huntress but I don't really need to go into that. Really like the way they did Slade Wilson as well, being his number 1 fan it felt good seeing him in live action. Anyways I'm just saying its great. They may not have made the best decisions movie wise, but one thing marvel won't top is this show.

#4 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

The TV show Arrow feels a lot like a stiff Batman stand-in to me. But aside for that it's a pretty decent show. It's not very faithful to the comics but not too drastically different.

#6 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Commander_Kane (756 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: No what I was trying to say was, Marvel might be kicking our ass in movies right now. But DC wins the TV battle so far, bc Agents of SHIELD is just so lame..and way out of Arrows league

#8 Edited by tikhunt (896 posts) - - Show Bio

@commander_kane: If it wasn't for the show I wouldn't actually be reading Green Arrow or comics in general. Good to see another fan and yes Slade is very nicely portrayed.

#9 Posted by LyraFay (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too much like an love letter to Nolan's Batman by using Green Arrow instead, which in turn makes it least faithful.

#10 Edited by regiebravo (1835 posts) - - Show Bio

I think CW Arrow would best Green Arrow

#11 Posted by ganon15 (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

Not very accurate

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.