Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4287 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Green arrow: long bow hunters

adawg89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I just finished reading the tpb, and it makes me wonder how can people recommend this as the second book to read after year one? Longbow hunters takes place when Oliver is in his 40s

Did I miss a couple of books or something?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@adawg89: you didn't need any background info to read Longbow Hunters. People recommended it just because it's a classic and a famous Green Arrow story. Basically after Year One (which introduces the character), they recommended Longbow Hunters because it's a favorite among Arrow fans, like myself. You don't necessarily have to read in order. They probably just felt that since you now understand character, from reading Year One, you're ready to read about his later years.

Btw, I highly recommend Lemire's run on Green Arrow. Issues 17 to present, in the current Green Arrow series. It's amazing

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yeah the two aren't related. But if you dug Longbow Hunters read the rest of Grell's run. Its pretty great and about to get collected in trade.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.