Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Can't Wait For Lemire!

Avatar image for cobaltarchangel
    CobaltArchangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CobaltArchangel

The Emerald Archer is in desperate need of a good writer and I am so excited to hear that Jeff Lemire will be taken on Green Arrow in February 2013! What are your thoughts and opinions on Lemire taking over?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By arnoldoaad

@CobaltArchangel:

You are Leaving Sorrentino Out, it is not only a great writer but the great Artist from I, Vampire who you should be looking for

the only problem, it is not a good Character

I feel a little disappointed to be honest, I feel like this is too good of a team to be wasted on something like Green Arrow, not to say that i dont like Green Arrow, but NU-Green Arrow SUCKS, Its just the worst version that this character has ever had

he is one of those characters who just lost everything that made him interesting with the relaunch, so there is just very little that Lemire has left to play with

though he did said in an interview that he was pretty much building up the character, i feel a too little to late sittuation, he was needed on issue 1 not now

and unless he attracts a huge lot of attention its not going to stop the thing from being rightfully cancelled

in fact Im really surprised the book wasnt relaunched

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By JairamGanpat

@CobaltArchangel said:

The Emerald Archer is in desperate need of a good writer and I am so excited to hear that Jeff Lemire will be taken on Green Arrow in February 2013! What are your thoughts and opinions on Lemire taking over?

• His Justice League Dark? Great
    • His Animal Man? Amazing
    • His Sweet Tooth? Orgasmic

Only good things are to come from this new chapter in Green Arrow's life.

Avatar image for cobaltarchangel
    CobaltArchangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By CobaltArchangel

@arnoldoaad: according to an article i read Lemire is supposed to be relaunching it and doing away with the new 52 continuity altogether

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By arnoldoaad

@CobaltArchangel said:

@arnoldoaad: according to an article i read Lemire is supposed to be relaunching it and doing away with the new 52 continuity altogether

I have no idea what article you read but thats not true

in fact one of the "assistants" of Green Arrow from the series will leave, he didnt said it but it implies that he/she might die, and the other one will stay

It will keep the same continuity which Sucks balls

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stumpy49er

I'm excited for it.

@arnoldoaad said:

@CobaltArchangel:

he is one of those characters who just lost everything that made him interesting with the relaunch, so there is just very little that Lemire has left to play with

though he did say in an interview that he was pretty much building up the character, i feel a too little to late sittuation, he was needed on issue 1 not now

and unless he attracts a huge lot of attention its not going to stop the thing from being rightfully cancelled

in fact Im really surprised the book wasnt relaunched

I agree that Green Arrow was one of the worst of the relaunches and Green Arrow did lose a lot of what made him interesting.

That said, with a good enough creative team I think it can be salvaged.

It'll definitely be interesting.

pe_ropeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pe_ropeno

@arnoldoaad said:

@CobaltArchangel:

the only problem, it is not a good Character

I feel a little disappointed to be honest, I feel like this is too good of a team to be wasted on something like Green Arrow

Lemire & Sorrentino are the best thing that can (will?) happened to Green Arrow right now, they are maybe too good of a team for arrow but also the best possible solution to bring back Arrow to life. shall see. this gonna be an interesting one for sure :)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

He is one of my favorite writers right now.He grew up a lot and I love almost everything he makes.I love Sweet Tooth and Animal Man.I think he can make wonders and make Ollie an amazing character again.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

I wonder if they'll try to capitalize on the (relative) success of the Arrow tv show.

CodemanMello92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CodemanMello92

Since the relaunch of Green Arrow, I've been so disappointed by the lack of direction for the series. They tried to make him too much like the Smallville version and introduce characters that no one really cares about. I do like Jax though, Oliver as his own Q. Anyhow, making him a cross between Justin Hartley and Iron Man wasn't what us fans wanted. We want the Green Arrow that fought for the little guy. It could be interesting instead of Oliver being a lefty, he could see the world isn't black and white. It's grey. He doesn't belong to a political class. He's the middle man who fights for those who need to be helped. I have a feeling Jeff Lemire is gonna do a good job reboot the franchise and basically erase everything up to when he begins. I like the show Arrow, and think he can take inspiration from that. Plus, I want some Dinah lance love for Oliver. Lemire should reintroduce Helena Bertinelli to the new 52 and reveal she was never dead and Helena Wayne took her life.

trickarrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trickarrow

I'm so thankful for the upcoming changes DC is making to the Green Arrow team. February can't get here soon enough!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.