Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

'Arrow' TV Series Discussion

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

Hey what's up viners, really wanted to make some sort of a discussion on the new TV series on CW Network, 'Arrow' which evidently shines light on Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow. There hasn't been a forum discussion about the series and thought it was the right time would to create such a thread like this one, so I've decided to put in on myself to do so. I have recently finished up watching Episode 16: 'Dead To Rights' and thought of it as one of the most intense episodes so far. With the previous episode having Roy Harper making first appearances on the show, it'll open up way more opportunities towards the next season like they have with Deathstroke (Slade Wilson) in this first season of 'Arrow'. Here's a review on the latest episode of a 'Arrow' to get you on track for the continuation.

'Death of Rights' Analytic Review

There are many shockers and bombshells that unfold in 'Dead to Rights', some that are dealing with vigilantes and bounties being collected which usually is the focus of the first season thus far. One of them is having to do with Oliver revealing his secret identity to his best friend, Tommy in order to save his father, Malcolm Merlyn's life. Now, with Diggs and Felicity also knowing about him being the vigilante of Scarling City, this places Oliver in great risk of exposure. This episode mostly touches up on Tommy and his father's complicated relationship as Malcolm tries to bring his son (family) back into his life after leaving Tommy behind for so long. Will he be able to fix the relationship he once had with his son, more so improve on it? Now, Deadshot, he's a villainous assassin, and one of the greatest adversaries of Green Arrow in comics who makes a re-appearance on the TV series as he's assigned by China White of the Chinese Triad to kill Malcolm during his acceptance speech. After much patience, Deadshot's able to lure Malcolm to his pen house where he takes fire, putting a few sniper bullets into his chest that are filled with poison. However, Arrow suddenly appears and eventually saves his life. He is sent to the hospital in a hurry but not before Tommy gave his father a blood transfusion to prevent the poison of Deadshot's bullets from spreading. In the last scenes of this episode, Malcolm wakes up with his son right there next to him and thought it would be a good time to reveal his secret identity. However, it all comes to a halt when Moira enters the room having Malcolm heatedly demand her to find the murderous traitor.

In the ending of this episode we are presented with some great cliffhangers that will lead to the future episodes, and most likely continue on through the next season. We see in the near end, that Dinah Lance, Laurel's mother who makes her first appearance on the television series, confronts Laurel for the first time since Sarah apparently passed away to bring her very surprising news that her little sister might not have died in the shipwreck which stranded Oliver on the island. Laurel also mentioned about Sarah's pet canary, depicted to be the color black which might be a foreshadow of the character, Black Canary. We also get to learn that Deadshot, is the murderer of Diggle's brother and in the end see him almost come close to losing it when he finds that he's still alive. Most likely we'll be witnessing Diggs trying to work on taking this murderous assassin down and will probably be on top of his and Oliver's schedule until he does.

Really enjoy the 'Arrow' TV Series and if your that person who hasn't been watching, go to CW Network's official website and make sure to catch up on all the re-runs leading up to episode 16! What are your thoughts on the first season of 'Arrow' thus far? Do you guys wish there was more flashbacks of Oliver and Slade (Wilson) on the island? Really like how they're starting to show more of flashbacks on the island with longer, extended scenes and think they have been doing phenomenal not only with the series but also by taking in feedback from the fans; which seems to be depicted within these last episodes. Great job Andrew Kreisberg, Mark Guggenheim, Greg Berlanti and the cast on 'Arrow' for making it such an exciting year for Green Arrow, thanks again!

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jayskee

Death of rights was probably the best episode. While the show has many flaws Arrow is still a good show.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

@jayskee said:

While the show has many flaws Arrow is still a good show.

Replace those words with "the greatest" and you're correct.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raw_Material

@TheCannon said:

@jayskee said:

Lol ^_^

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Raw_Material

@jayskeesaid:

Death of rights was probably the best episode. While the show has many flaws Arrow is still a good show.

Yea I fully agree. Can't wait to see the return of the Huntress in 'Arrow' episode 17.

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#6  Edited By Ironhawk22

Not a fan of Arrow.  I had high hopes but just ended up being disappointed.  It has some good episodes but a lot of them are just meh. 

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Bluefox170

Loving Arrow. Especially all the Slade stuff. The only things I don't care for are the obligatory CW drama and Roy Harper. Don't care if I see more of him at all.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By X9

I like it. Especially because they use comic book characters with NEW stories

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I like Arrow..not love it, I like most of the cast, except Laurel, she's just so...boring. I also don't like how badly Oliver treats Felicity, she's been helping him from day one yet he barks orders at her constantly. Also, the dialogue can be kinda cheesy sometimes, although it's on the CW so it's to be expected.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raw_Material

The CW Network's 'Arrow' new episode tonight @ 8/7c.

"The Huntress Returns"

redrobinpre52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By redrobinpre52

@ckuakini: How do you feel about the actor playing Roy Harper?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raw_Material

@redrobinpre52: Lol, I seem to get lots of messages and such asking if I think that the actor playing the role of Roy Harper is a good fit. My answer is yes, he's the exact person they needed to fit the part of playing the character. However others disagree and think it's their hatred towards the actor that make them oblivious to how great his acting really is.

I'm quite impressed with the actor playing the role of Roy Harper so far. Hopefully we'll see Oliver train him into becoming Arsenal in the next season of 'Arrow'!

Hoping to see the finale episode turn out great with the return of the Huntress.

fingers crossed ^_^

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New episode of 'Green Pharoah' on CW right now!

Episode 18: "Salvation"

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huntress is terrible. Every episode she has been in has been horrible.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron_turtle:

I actually REALLY like the Huntress' actress. she does a great job portraying the character.

@jayskee said:

Agreed. I'm more interested with this than I was with Smallville. And thats saying something.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

Replace those words with "mediocre" and you're correct.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

Arrow>Smallville :p

Surprised there aren't more fans on here.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Arrow has its ups and downs but overall it's a good show. It's getting much more interesting now that Roy Harper's there.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved this show since the start

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Loving the show.

bhavinderrao9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello friends i have found the <a href="www.arrowseason3.com/2014/09/arrow-season-3-cast-and-crew-2014.html">arrow season 3 cast and crew </a>details can yo tell me that is these are the really upcoming cast crew team which will be added in the season 3.

source:www.arrowseason3.com/2014/09/arrow-season-3-cast-and-crew-2014.html

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

should be called "Secret" After each season it has always been about secrets and not telling the truth. Its been the same sequence every time something happens. Something happens and Olivier says "don't tell". When oliver doesn't know Oliver says "why didn't you tell me?"

. They've put more emphasis on secrets than on the arrow it self.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@thorson said:

should be called "Secret" After each season it has always been about secrets and not telling the truth. Its been the same sequence every time something happens. Something happens and Olivier says "don't tell". When oliver doesn't know Oliver says "why didn't you tell me?"

. They've put more emphasis on secrets than on the arrow it self.

Still doing the same thing sadly.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: Arrow is garbage.

Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the above post.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

Now, if Darhk just kills everyone in that room this show can be saved.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haven't watched S4 yet. but from the promos and clips it looks terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.