"Arrow" show Discussion

• 102 results
#1 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

arrow season 2 - Arrow Season 2 HD Wallpaper

Here we can discuss everything about the CW show called "Arrow".

#2 Edited by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

Topic #1: This show is suffering from severe Thea-Neglecting Syndrome. Hopefully recent plot developments will lead to her getting a greater role soon. But every scene she's in really seems to come to life this season.

#3 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Topic #1: This show is suffering from severe Thea-Neglecting Syndrome. Hopefully recent plot developments will lead to her getting a greater role soon. But every scene she's in really seems to come to life this season.

I seem to differ from other people.....i liked Season 1 more than what we've seen in S02....
I mean the topic you state,Thea.Then a great character like Diggle,not participating.....Laurel being a whinny-annoying-bitch type,NON.STOP!

Okay,i've enjoyed it,but...not as S01.Hope it gets better.

#4 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Interesting. I thought season one was cringe-worthy for the most part and that season two has done a better job making the characters and stories more likable (with the exception of Laurel). But that's just my opinion. I mean, sure, Diggle and Thea don't get as much screen time as other characters. But the time they do get is pretty great. Unlike in the first season where the two were my least favorite characters.

#5 Edited by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@punyparker: Interesting. I thought season one was cringe-worthy for the most part and that season two has done a better job making the characters and stories more likable (with the exception of Laurel). But that's just my opinion. I mean, sure, Diggle and Thea don't get as much screen time as other characters. But the time they do get is pretty great. Unlike in the first season where the two were my least favorite characters.

That's true.
I liked Diggle in S01 though

#6 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

That's true.

He was "okay". But I was really turned off by how much of a jerk he was to Oliver whenever Deadshot was involved. And his incredibly boring romantic subplot really turned me off to him. I'm glad they dropped that for season two.

#7 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@punyparker said:

@supbatz said:

That's true.

He was "okay". But I was really turned off by how much of a jerk he was to Oliver whenever Deadshot was involved. And his incredibly boring romantic subplot really turned me off to him. I'm glad they dropped that for season two.

Οh yeah dude,that was so lame.....
I can get the Deadshot thing.....i mean(he thought) he killed his brother.....duh.

Also,WHY so much Bat-villians???.....I mean even Ra's!!

#8 Edited by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I agree that there should definitely be more focus on actual Green Arrow villains. But I don't think that there has been too much emphasis on Batman villains. With the exception of Ra's (who hasn't appeared but has only been mentioned) non of Batman's core rogues have shown up. So far, we've gotten Firefly, Huntress, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Dollmaker, Grundy, and Nyssa. The first two are typically Bat characters. Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Grundy not always associated with Batman and have been shown to take on other heroes. Dollmaker and Nyssa have had a relatively small number of comic book appearances so I don't really consider them "Batman"-exclusive villains like I do the Joker or Two-Face.

But again, I do agree that there should be more focus on Green Arrow-exclusive villains. Now that the League of Assassins business has ended (for the time being, that is), I think it's about time we see the return of Merlyn. Make him the show's core antagonist again.

#9 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@punyparker: I agree that there should definitely be more focus on actual Green Arrow villains. But I don't think that there has been too much emphasis on Batman villains. With the exception of Ra's (who hasn't appeared but has only been mentioned) non of Batman's core rogues have shown up. So far, we've gotten Firefly, Huntress, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Dollmaker, Grundy, and Nyssa. The first two are typically Bat characters. Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Grundy not always associated with Batman and have been shown to take on other heroes. Dollmaker and Nyssa have had a relatively small number of comic book appearances so I don't really consider them "Batman"-exclusive villains like I do the Joker or Two-Face.

But again, I do agree that there should be more focus on Green Arrow-exclusive villains. Now that the League of Assassins business has ended (for the time being, that is), I think it's about time we see the return of Merlyn. Make him the show's core antagonist again.

Ok ok,but they're still Bat villians......if they showed Joker and Bane it would be too much,bro, 'kay,but except Merlin(or Merlyn,i dont know),everyone are Bat related,and i wonder if the Green Arrow TV/Cinematic rights were seperate than Batman's,if they would have DONE a show in the first place.....know what i mean?!

#10 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched Series 1 Pilot (got the series 1 DVD for my birthday). Like it a lot, miles better than Agents of Shield!

#11 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#12 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

you know there are a couple other threads for this right...?

#13 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: That's good news. It's nice to see the network displaying such confidence in the show to renew it so early in the year. Here's hoping season three will be even better than season two has been thusfar.

#14 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

you know there are a couple other threads for this right...?

THIS IS THE BEST!!!!!

@supbatz said:

@punyparker: That's good news. It's nice to see the network displaying such confidence in the show to renew it so early in the year. Here's hoping season three will be even better than season two has been thusfar.

Amen brother.....and i trully hope they get this connected to the movies.....or at least cast Amell as Green Arrow in a JL movie.

#15 Edited by DEGRAAF (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicbookresources.com made a list of characters they would like to see on Arrow. They had a lot of good ideas for who should make an appearance but it got me thinking...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51119

Who do you guys think should make an appearance?

I would like to see Prometheus (perfect villain for Arrow), Anarky (could be a modern off shoot that wants to be like the league of Assassins in their own way), Bamboo Monkey, Big Game (could be a villain on the island, another inmate turned hunter)or Catman, Camorouge, Drakkon, Discord, Doll Maker (while relatively new would make a great villain for Arrow), Emiko Lacroix (could be twisted to be Olivers daughter and Shado not actually be dead), Grifter (would be a more down to earth opponent that could have served with Diggle and has a person on the inside of Queen Consolidated named Sofia Cordon who took over Felicity's old position), Hackett (another person who could have come from Ollie's past to finish the job he started by sabotaging the boat for Merlyn) Javelin (could be done but he would most likely be a one shot type character), Jin Fang (could be brought in at the beginning of Season 3. It could be said that Queen Consolidated isnt rebounding as they had hoped so they bring in another buyer), Kobra (could easily be brought in as a villain that uses mutated vertigo to cuase excruciating pain and death. Also he could have a whip rather than a tongue that he can bind people with) Kodiak (could be the champion warrior of a tribe on the island), Komodo (could be Arrows arch enemy if Ollie ever kills off Merlyn. Komodo could be Merlyn's master in the League of Assissin's or come to Starling City to combat both Merlyn and Ollie. They could introduce him in an archery competition) LADY SHIVA (Caps because i want to see her in the show for sure), Blood Rose (wouldnt make her a robot but could leave most of her background intact) & Midas (could be a member of Brother bloods and end up getting a toxin or double dose of Mirikuru or an altered version of the Mirikuru to put him in a state of deadly to the touch and super powerful), Nix (assassin and master of Disguise. Easily fits in League of Assassins realm), Peter Lomax (could have a very similar story to Roy but takes it a step further and becomes obsessed to the point of wanting to prove himself or resents Arrow for not saving a family member and vows to show Arrow he isnt untouchable from a normal human with a goal), Roulette (she worked really well in Smallville and would do well in Arrow as well) Rush (would fit in well with the meta humans becoming more prominent in the show)

one outside of Arrows list of villains on this site: Cassandra Cain (prior to joining batman of course)

So this ended up being more in depth than i originally planned but it still works. All villains are listed from Green Arrows villains from this site. What other villain would be good villains for the Arrow show?

#16 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheshire and/or Lady Shiva both sound like pretty good ideas. I'm partial to Cheshire, though. I think it'd be cool to introduce her as an assassin who is not and never was a part of the League of Assassins. So far, the show has built the League to be the most formidable fighters in their universe. Cheshire could stand as a testament that there are always outliers who are just as tough as the major threats.

#17 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow 'The Promise' Trailer Teases Major Vengeance, And Check Out More Suicide Squad Photos

Loading Video...

Thanks to Amazon Instant Video, I'm now caught up on last night's Arrow after CW left some of us without "Time of Death," offering college basketball instead. There's no time for bitter rants about sports infringing on our precious television though, because we have lots of Arrow-focused goodies to show you, but if you are looking for a way to watch "Time of Death," you can find it at Amazon or (eventually) iTunes. Moving on, let's talk about last night's episode (spoiler alert, obviously.) and what's ahead. We also have some new Suicide Squad promotional photos to share. But first: SLADE!

Not Deathstroke yet, really, but that name is actually the title of Episode 18, which is still about a month away. Next Wednesday's episode is titled "The Promise," and Manu Bennett's character just so happened to reference a promise in the preview. But I feel like when he says, "...well, I'm here to fulfill it," he's not saying it in a good way. More in the threatening, vengeance way, right? That's to be assumed, and the preview andpreviously released episode description do indicate that this promise involves destroying Oliver's family. Because maybe that's the kind of payback Slade thinks is fair after what happened to Shado. The description sheds a bit more light on the situation...

ARROW
“The Promise” - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)
THE TURNING POINT — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is shocked when he learns that Slade (Manu Bennett) has come to Starling City. Back on the island, as Oliver, Slade and Sara (Caity Lotz) prepare to take over the freighter from Ivo (guest star Dylan Neal), Sara pulls Oliver aside and tells him he needs to kill Ivo to prevent him from telling Slade what happened with Shado. Oliver feels immense guilt over the situation but realizes Slade’s growing rage from the Mirakuru makes him unpredictable and he could turn on his friends if he thinks Oliver is to blame. Oliver agrees to kill Ivo and the battle begins. Glen Winterdirected the episode written by Jake Coburn & Ben Sokolowski

It seems like this could be the episode where we see Slade learn about what happened to Shado on the island, as that would certainly tie the island story to his official arrival into Oliver's life again in the present day.

The timing for this seems great, especially as we look at last night's episode, which focused mainly on some personal matters in Oliver's life, which played out while the Clock King was exacting mayhem on Starling. He was a great stand-alone villain and it offered a perfect opportunity for the series to air out some issues so we can move on to bigger problems. Laurel and Sara seem ready to move forward, which is good. Oliver is done with Laurel, which let's face it, isn't really news, but at least it's established. And maybe at some point they'll find their way back to one another, if only as friends. And finally, Felicity firmed up her place as Oliver's girl after putting herself in danger and then saving the day (and Sara!). Then she got messed up on "aspirins."

"I mean not your girl, girl. Your girl. I know it sounds like the same word, but it means something different in my head."

We get it, Felicity, and we adore you. Also, the jacket.

Felicity

She's the best.

Ok, let's move on to Suicide Squad. Like "Deathstroke," "Suicide Squad" is also the name of an upcoming episode, and in the case of this one, it's coming a lot sooner. CW has it on the schedule for March 19 (which means another break between episodes after next week's "The Promise," but only one week off).

We saw the group shot of the team last week....

Suicide Squad

source

#18 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does he have Batman villains? Like really?

#19 Edited by MrMazz (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how to embed videos from Facebook but Stephen Amell posted a rather nice 3 min trailer that previews whats to come in Arrow.

It has the staunch gravitas of Nolan verse but the apperence of a soap opera and knows how to mak that sing. Mannu Bennet narrating it all dosen't hurt.

EDIT: Here's said 3 min trailer on YouTube

Loading Video...

#20 Edited by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmazz: That's a lot to look forward to! I really love that last shot of Oliver, Sara, Roy, and Slade all in the room together.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

#21 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

..hey guys can you help me figure out who is who in Series 1 as I have only got to episode 5.

Is the hooded sword wielding guy from the flashbacks Deathstroke?

Who becomes Black Canary, I am assuming it isn't Laurel Lance?

#22 Posted by flameboy298 (2805 posts) - - Show Bio

Is diggle a huge guy in the comics just like he is in the show?

#23 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio
@bezza said:

..hey guys can you help me figure out who is who in Series 1 as I have only got to episode 5.

Is the hooded sword wielding guy from the flashbacks Deathstroke?

Who becomes Black Canary, I am assuming it isn't Laurel Lance?

The guy in the Deathstroke mask in the first season is NOT comics Deathstroke. Comics Deathstroke is Slade Wilson, a separate character in the show who comes in after episode five, if memory serves.

The answer to the second question is a pretty big spoiler...so... Go at your own discretion. I recommend just waiting to find out in season two. Black Canary doesn't show up until episode one of season two. And you discover her identity approximately three episodes afterwards.

Are you sure?

Black Canary is Sara Lance; Laurel's sister who supposedly died in the Pilot.

#24 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: Well....this aint fvsking weird at all right?!...... (he said sarcastically)

Loading Video...

#25 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I doubt that Harley's appearance will be anything more than a cameo. As much as I love her, Harley's background is just too deeply rooted in the Joker and Batman that including her in Arrow likely wouldn't work out right. And we also have the quickly approaching Gotham TV series, a more likely candidate of showcasing Harley at some point during the series' run.

Still, pretty cool that she's getting the cameo. Looking forward to seeing it.

#26 Posted by Dr_Harlequin (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: Are we sure she's not going to be apart of the Suicide Squad like the New 52 one?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#27 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple another awesome episode.

#28 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_harlequin: It's a possibility, sure. But I doubt it, just because bringing Harley in would necessitate mention/inclusion of the Joker and Batman, unless they drastically redid her origin or just brushed past it. Plus, we've already basically seen promotional photos of the Arrow Suicide Squad team. I expect that Harley's appearance will just be a cameo amongst other inmates being considered for the Squad. As a nod to her membership in the comics. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

#29 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@punyparker: I doubt that Harley's appearance will be anything more than a cameo. As much as I love her, Harley's background is just too deeply rooted in the Joker and Batman that including her in Arrow likely wouldn't work out right. And we also have the quickly approaching Gotham TV series, a more likely candidate of showcasing Harley at some point during the series' run.

Still, pretty cool that she's getting the cameo. Looking forward to seeing it.

Yep.That's why im a tad bummed......she's one with the Joker and he's one with the Batman,so i really can't imagine her being a Suiside Squad member without mentioning Bats or Joker.

#31 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

Manu Benett> Everyone else.

True.
But Amell is an awesome guy too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#33 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@theacidskull said:

True.

true, but sara sucks. :P

Maybe yeah.....yes she does.

@farkam said:

@theacidskull said:

@punyparker said:

@theacidskull said:

True.

Not that I disagree, but why?

Well first of all,she is not the original Black Cannary,and she is a dislikeable person.

#36 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Yeah aside her name, (Dinah) Laurel Lance she few things to do with comic counterpart.

While Sarah has most things with Black Canary (I,II and New 52).

#37 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@theacidskull said:

@punyparker said:

@theacidskull said:

True.

The moment when they turn on the speaker phone in The promise, Holy hell....what the f*CK! Terrible acting.

I agree. They got the worse actress possible. Plus, the way they are going about trying to make her seem cool by making her be a "better fighter" and "more pretty than Laurel" and "smarter than Felicity" is making her look like an annoying tryhard. IMO it was too early for another character to join Team Arrow. They should have solidified what they had with Diggle and Felicity, while slowly working Roy in. They tried too hard and went too fast and, to me, came up with nothing.

#39 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@punyparker said:

@theacidskull said:

True.

Maybe yeah.....yes she does.

@farkam said:

@theacidskull said:

@punyparker said:

@theacidskull said:

True.

Well first of all,she is not the original Black Cannary,and she is a dislikeable person.

Why is she an unlikable person?

#40 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

I agree. They got the worse actress possible. Plus, the way they are going about trying to make her seem cool by making her be a "better fighter" and "more pretty than Laurel" and "smarter than Felicity" is making her look like an annoying tryhard. IMO it was too early for another character to join Team Arrow. They should have solidified what they had with Diggle and Felicity, while slowly working Roy in. They tried too hard and went too fast and, to me, came up with nothing.

Still...that said, I am willing to watch her improve since amell managed to do it. I miss John tho, Malcome was amazing.

She is/was a Playboy model guys.....what acting are we even talking about.

@farkam said:

Just an opinion,i don't like her.
Well,tell you what,i like her more than Laurel......if you read above some posts i HATE Laurel....

@vitalius said:

New52 Cannary is Sarah?!!!

#41 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@theacidskull said:

Still...that said, I am willing to watch her improve since amell managed to do it. I miss John tho, Malcome was amazing.

@farkam said:

Just an opinion,i don't like her.

Well,tell you what,i like her more than Laurel......if you read above some posts i HATE Laurel....

@vitalius said:

New52 Cannary is Sarah?!!!

Makes sense.

#42 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: No New 52 Black Canary is fusion of two Black Canary. But the New 52 Black Canary can use more weapons than before like firearms and other tech. She kill one person (so far) and that affect her working with others characters (Batman and Batgirl). She has connection with Ra´s al Ghul even more stronger than before, (but wasnt like Non New 52 Birds of Prey where he falls in love with her at least so far). Worked with Slade Wilson before he was Deathstroke. She has trained by ninjas before she became Black Canary. And possibel many more.

#43 Edited by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Caity Lotz was not a Playboy model

#44 Posted by Jokerpoker (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished Season 1, it's great so far.

#45 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@theacidskull said:

Caity Lotz was not a Playboy model

I meant she was a "hot photo model" and one of the magazines was playboy.
Acting is far from her first job....

@vitalius said:

@punyparker: No New 52 Black Canary is fusion of two Black Canary. But the New 52 Black Canary can use more weapons than before like firearms and other tech. She kill one person (so far) and that affect her working with others characters (Batman and Batgirl). She has connection with Ra´s al Ghul even more stronger than before, (but wasnt like Non New 52 Birds of Prey where he falls in love with her at least so far). Worked with Slade Wilson before he was Deathstroke. She has trained by ninjas before she became Black Canary. And possibel many more.

I started reading Green Arrow just yesterday,so im really out of my game here.....
I don't remember her being with Batman anywhere though.

#46 Edited by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

She appears doing several cameos on Batman titles (manly with Birds of Prey). But on Birds of Prey Night of the Owls crossover Poison Ivy (Note: Poison Ivy isnt a hero and bieng more like Neutral Character, she invited by Black Canary to help them on missions but after that she continue help them ) sacrefices herself to take down the Talon and next issue Batgirl contacts Batman because BOP need to help Posion Ivy or she will die. Batman says that Poison Ivy cannot be trusthed and Batgirl also shouldnt trusth Black Canary because Black Canary due to her past cannot be trusthed even if she thinks she is doing good and he leaves and then BOP leave to South America to look for the Green to save Posion Ivy because Ivy told Black Canary before to bring her there.

#47 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius said:

@punyparker:

She appears doing several cameos on Batman titles (manly with Birds of Prey). But on Birds of Prey Night of the Owls crossover Poison Ivy (Note: Poison Ivy isnt a hero and bieng more like Neutral Character, she invited by Black Canary to help them on missions but after that she continue help them ) sacrefices herself to take down the Talon and next issue Batgirl contacts Batman because BOP need to help Posion Ivy or she will die. Batman says that Poison Ivy cannot be trusthed and Batgirl also shouldnt trusth Black Canary because Black Canary due to her past cannot be trusthed even if she thinks she is doing good and he leaves and then BOP leave to South America to look for the Green to save Posion Ivy because Ivy told Black Canary before to bring her there.

I only read Batman and Nightwing from Batman titles,so my lack of knowledge is excusable.

#48 Edited by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Sara. She's one of my top picks for favorite character. Sure, Caity Lotz's acting isn't breathtaking all of the time. But I definitely wouldn't call her bad (I mean, look at season one acting, guys). And a lot of her more cringe-worthy scenes aren't entirely her fault (i.e. that scene in The Promise, with Slade on speaker phone, was largely the fault of whoever decided the placement of the camera for that shot). I look forward to seeing flashbacks of her time training with the League of Assassins.

#49 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by PunyParker (15718 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius said:

@punyparker: I am reading all tittles.

Well i'm a Marvel guy.
From DC i read Batman and JL.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.