'Arrow' Episode 1.02 "Honor Thy Father" Discussion

• 65 results
#51 Posted by whitelantern64 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey i liked the show, really fixed my smallville/superhero craving. Really hard to wait each week for a new episode.

#52 Posted by polcatt (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think the show is a grower!! Stephen Amell is brilliant as Ollie Queen, and i think the "real" vibe is fantastic!! showed the first episode to my teenage boys last night and they loved it!! (neither have an interest in "superheroes"), as far as scenes with Katie Cassidy in it, my eyes roll for a very different reason!! whoa! what a beautiful girl!! :)

#53 Posted by jointron33 (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Sorry to hear about your mom.

#54 Posted by GREGalicious (607 posts) - - Show Bio

This show really has potential although I must admit my main reason for tuning in is waiting for any signs that Laurel will one day become Black Canary.

#55 Posted by Cyborg6971 (204 posts) - - Show Bio

The writing is meh worthy at times, which can make it difficult even for the best of actors to portray as believable. But at least they called him an anarchist which is what he is at heart. I'm liking it and will stick with it.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#56 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

@Guardiandevil83: Sorry to hear about your mom.

Thanks. It was in 03, but still feels like such a short time.

#57 Posted by cjf28 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Kind of reminds me of Dr. Stranges colored window to his loft

#58 Posted by cjf28 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love the show, I laughed at how Ollie choked out a Triple-toured Vet in the pilot, and its not brought up ever again

#59 Posted by Loki2u (325 posts) - - Show Bio

WaS able to catch a rerun of this episode.

Really digging the story so far! Acting is a little suspect as suggested...but not a big deal. I wasn't expecting much in that department anyways.

Love the ending and the cliffhangers. I too, am getting a bruce wayne/batman vibe as far as secret identities go.

Don't know much about the comics, so I don't have much of a comparison...so it all feels new to me and I like it!

Avatar image for dantetheredknight
#60 Posted by DanteTheRedKnight (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish the comics were like this show :(

#61 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think Diggle has figured out what Ollie is doing?

#62 Posted by Seafarinhare (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely liking Diggle. The fight between Ollie and China White was weak as hell, though. I expect more out of my action shows. But maybe that's my mistake. Maybe if they get a strong following, they'll have a budget for action scenes.

The BS with her sister is pretty annoying. I guess that's part and parcel for CW shows, though.

#63 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

My only problems with the show are the little sister and turning Merlin into the douchey buddy role

#64 Edited by BlackWind (9792 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it must have been rough for Thea, her brother and father randomly dying at sea. But c'mon! Ollie not only is dealing with 5 years of guilt he let a girl die, but also their father blowing his brains out in front of him. Add that with living on a desert island for five years, you cannot just expect a man to "open up" and "let people in". Being isolated like that, it's no wonder Ollie isn't half mad. I think Thea is making light of what Ollie endured.

But seriously , we need Diggle to get Alfred-ized.

#65 Posted by sinestro_GL (3651 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely thought episode 2 was better than the pilot!

I also agree that moments with his sister/Mom/Laurel are pretty lame/corny.

e.g. when he didn't want to talk to his sister about the island, she says it was hell for her back home as well...and I was thinking: "Not exactly the same thing. Ollie was stranded on an island for five years and clearly went through tough physical pain...whereas you were probably crying in your huge pile of money...sheesh"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.