Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4303 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Any Green Arrow-Speedy relationship comics?

Gregman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm currently searching comics about relationship between Oliver Queen and Roy Harper. Yup, I read Archer's Quest. But I'm looking for comics with teen Roy and young Ollie. Is there one? I know about Golden and Silver age, but I don't like them. Are there any comics about their relationship published in '80s, '90s or 2000s?

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Debelindzo

There is the Green Arrow/Green Lantern comics but i wouldn't call that exactly "relationship"...

Gregman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By relationship, I don't mean a gay ship XD But friendship. I read GA/GL too, but I want to see a comic when their personalities are fleshed out. Comics that will answer a question: "How is Oliver different than Roy?"

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gregman said:

By relationship, I don't mean a gay ship XD But friendship. I read GA/GL too, but I want to see a comic when their personalities are fleshed out. Comics that will answer a question: "How is Oliver different than Roy?"

Archer's Quest is probably your best bet and I see that you've mentioned that you read it. Outside of that I would have said that you'd want to check out the Golden and Silver Age material, which is probably collected over various different formats, but I see that you didn't like that lol. The thing is that if you're looking for stuff in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, you're just not going to find much on Oliver and "teen Roy", because by that point Roy was a young adult. He'd been spending most of his time with the Teen Titans for years and really stepped out on his own in the early 70s, when the whole drug addiction thing played out. After that, he just wasn't working with Ollie anymore. From the 70s through the 80s, Roy was getting his life back together from his bout with drugs, counseling other teens facing similar issues, working with the Titans every now and again, and, finally, gaining a daughter, after which he was firmly set in the "adult" category in my opinion. Then, you go from the 90s through the 2000s and he's Arsenal, working with the Titans, the Outsiders, and the government, which just really didn't see Roy and Oliver working together or interacting that much. None of this was helped by the fact that from the late 80s into the early 90s, Oliver was based in Seattle, during which he was effectively cut off from the rest of the DCU. I think that Roy might have shown up while Ollie was there all of one time, and Oliver died shortly after. Compare this to Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne, who interacted on a fairly regular basis, even after Dick became Nightwing, which constantly had their issues with one another being brought up, Jason Todd and Alfred being thrown in the mix, and hit a tipping point in the 90s with the Knightfall Arc and Dick taking on the mantle of Batman for the first time.

Hate to say it, but writers really don't focus on Roy and Oliver as a duo that much. It might have been different had Roy taken over as Green Arrow, or the main character in the GA series, after Oliver died. When Connor did that, along with working with the JLA, basically served to portray how he was different from his father without his father even being there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.