inferiorego's Green Arrow Year One #4 - Part Four review

Avatar image for inferiorego
  • inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Disagreement with Aspen No1827

COUNTERPOINT:
Wow!
    In all honesty, I'm a big fan of the art in this series. It's different and sometimes, different is good. It feels minimalistic, giving away enough detail for you to get the point and still be drawn in. Too many times I feel overwhelmed by artwork that looks great, but has way too much going on.
    Another point to the artwork is how Jock is setting up his panels. when the action hits, he has this way of setting it up like a fast paced blockbuster film. A great depth of angles and a real care to character set-up as your eyes follow the action. it's smooth and easy.

But lets remember that it's not all about the art. In my opinion, art is about 35% of what makes up a great comic now-a-days. Compare that to the 90s when no one gave a $hit about story. (see how I used the $ for the s... not just clever, the 90s were all about making money and crapping on the story)

Next time, Aspen and I should have a real count/counterpoint on an issue. This was a little unfair....