Scarecrow is Coming to 'Gotham'

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Tonight's new episode of Gotham will feature the extremely violent villain Victor Zsasz. He's just one of many Batman enemies that have appeared in the FOX show, and now it looks like Scarecrow will eventually appear, too. During Comikaze Expo, Gotham EP Danny Cannon said, "We're breaking the story now" while discussing the popular foe.

No Caption Provided

According to Zap2it, we'll see the character as a child before he becomes the iconic villain. The idea of Scarecrow -- or perhaps just fear gas -- will be "passed on to him from his father." It wasn't stated whether the child is Jonathan Crane. Still, this seems to explain how there can be an immediate threat facing Jim Gordon and one down the road for Batman.

Do you like the sound of this or would you rather see them focus on different characters?

Gotham airs Mondays at 8/7c on FOX.

Source: Zap2it

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I kind of feel like I made the right choice to stop watching this show. I'm just not liking the direction they are going in...Besides, shouldn't Batman and Scarecrow be somewhere around the same age? This is super weird.

According to Zap2it, we'll see the character as a child before he becomes the iconic villain. The idea of Scarecrow -- or perhaps just fear gas -- will be "passed on to him from his father." It wasn't stated whether the child is Jonathan Crane. Still, this seems to explain how there can be an immediate threat facing Jim Gordon and one down the road for Batman.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@theacidskull: did you actually read the article? It seems the villain of the episode will be Jonathan's father. That way there is a threat now and a threat for Batman down the road.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NightFang3

So the Scarecrow will be a legacy villain?

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheDandyMan

Scarecrow's a good villain and has got a interesting origin so I hope they can pull it off well.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

yeah im done with this show. the pre-bat era villains are cool and the main reason i watch the show, falcone, maroni, mooney . really cool characters. adding bat villains whether they are just kids or just creepy dudes that will be creepier old guys (riddler) just makes me shake my head .

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blackice709

meh

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man is everyone such a baby.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

nice

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

If I were to tell Gotham one thing I would say....STOP SAYING NIGMA WE GET IT HE'S THE RIDDLER GOSH.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarescrow, Hush, and Killer Croc have disturbing childhoods which can be cool to see in Gotham.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Will they go with the "doctor at Arkham" origin?

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Wilbertus

Victor Zsasz is always interesting and would probably work well in this series. Scarecrow is in my top 3 favorite Batman villains so I am excited. I think he is really hard to pull of on TV with as much impact as in the comics, but the thought of Jonathan Crane as a kid and his origin story sounds really good to me!

Now let's get Tommy Elliot and Roman Sionis as kids too!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Jenkale

so riddler will be an old man villain for bats but not scarecrow? ok....

micho82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion everything on this show is going great except that, Selina should be younger than Bruce, just like Ivy seemed. Other than that Penguin, Riddler and Dent only seem to have around 10 years on Bruce, so when he's 20 they'll be in their 30's, not too bad. I love this show and anxiously wait for Monday afternoons.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

If they're making Scarecrow a kid, why not Victor Zsasz? It doesn't make sense.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micho82: I def agree. People are making Nigma and penguin out to be old men when they are clearly in their 20's. Batman is supposed to be right around 30. Let's say 29-34. That would only make these characters in their early 40's.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Cool, I guess. When I thought of the show I thought of all the cool things they could do showing the cast of characters past. Really they are doing it though I just envisioned it differently. Not really a big fan of the show.

With the ages I'm not sure how I feel. I like how the Penguin will be older. He has always been portrayed as being older than Batman anyway. Two-Face and Riddler I thought were around the same age though after reading some of these comments they all make sense of the age. I think I would like the Riddler a bit younger though this all still does make sense for Two-Face.

As a huge fan of the Scarecrow I think its cool whenever he appears in anything. Though I'm not sure if I like the idea of him being a legacy villain. I like how he came up with the Scarecrow identity on his own through all the ridicule he had growing up and even as an adult. Makes him more tragic and the Scarecrow persona more personal.

Though the show has proved countless of times that they really aren't sticking with the comics. In that case I think it would be cool if they made Scarecrow's father Professer Milo. Milo did some fear stuff too with Batman. It would be cool if it was just how the fear gas came to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.