Milo Ventimiglia Set for Recurring Role on Gotham

Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

A very familiar face from television is coming to FOX's Gotham starting in episode 19. Milo Ventimiglia will be playing Ogre, a serial killer, who has been killing for decades.

Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes, upcoming The Whispers) has been set to guest star in a major, multiple-episode recurring arc in season one of Gotham. Appearing first in episode 19, Ventimiglia will play Jason Lennon, aka the Ogre.

Handsome, wealthy and seductive, the Ogre is a serial killer who has been preying on the young women of Gotham for nearly a decade, luring them into his web and confronting them with a series of “tests” as he searches for his perfect mate. When the women fail to live up to his impossible standard, Lennon disposes of them quickly and viciously.

His obsessions, combined with Gordon’s determination to bring him down, send both Gordon and Lennon — and those around them — on a course toward tragedy.

Although there is an Ogre in DC comics, they are not the same character. This is a non-canon character made for the show only. Gotham airs Mondays at 8/7c on FOX.

Staff
#1 Posted by Dernman (25981 posts) - - Show Bio

You think for someone called Orge he would look more ogre-ish. I was going to say he doesn't look old enough for what the role suggests but 37, sometimes I think hollywood has a fountain of youth for certain people.

#2 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the actor, have not been a fan of the show.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that guy

#4 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (834 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy and his weird, crooked smile. He was my least favorite character on Heroes.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#5 Edited by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY! SHREK IS BACK! =P

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all OGRE NOW!

~MiB

#7 Posted by the_stegman (40195 posts) - - Show Bio

Milo is life, Milo is love.

#8 Posted by the_stegman (40195 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I'm kinda mad at DC for casting these big actors in small roles.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10331 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY! SHREK IS BACK! =P

I might have to start watching this show now...

#10 Edited by COBRAMORPH (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

the only way I can watch this show is to tell myself Ben McKenzie plays a young Bruce Wayne as a Gotham cop, before the corruption & red tape makes him create Batman. & those scenes with young Bruce & that Horrible Cat-Girl are awful Arrow rip-off flashbacks.

Wonder if he goes after Bette Kane?

#11 Posted by mickeymayhew (426 posts) - - Show Bio

was the Ogre ever in the comics?

#12 Posted by DonFelipe (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I'm kinda mad at DC for casting these big actors in small roles.

That's some sort of Catch22! If all producers were always casting big names in big roles we wouldn't get to see that many TV series (because they would be too expensive) and we wouldn't know about guys like Milo, Hayden, Ali, Zachary... W.Miller... Evangeline Lilly.... and so on and on.

Besides, Milo is already one of the lead characters in two other series, Chosen and Whispers.

#13 Posted by darthbatman (55 posts) - - Show Bio

i always imagine this guy as an older dick grayson

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#14 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Been a fan of his for a very long time, but he deserves way better than this crap./

#15 Posted by capelibra (98 posts) - - Show Bio

This post reminds me how surprised I am there hasn't been anything on CV about the "Heroes Reborn" teaser that played during the Super Bowl.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.