Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Fish Mooney's Future on Gotham

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Gotham is the show we can't seem to stop watching. There's a lot of crazy things and storylines going on. One character that always has an over the top presences is Fish Mooney.

No Caption Provided

She's currently in an interesting situation and...*spoilers*...she recently plucked her own eye out, just to prove a point. While we're not quite sure what will happen to her in the rest of the season, she did shed some light on what we can expect further down the road.

Jada Pinkett Smith appeared today on LIVE With Kelly and Michael. When asked about Fish Mooney's return in the second season, she shed some light on the matter.

At the 1:05 mark, she's asked if she'll be in Season 2. Her response was, "I don't think so. You know, I signed for a year and...you, know, the year is up." She did follow by saying there are some great things coming up.

What do you think the future holds for Fish Mooney? Do you think she'll end up dead or just go away with the possibility of returning later?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kill her off.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

unless they resign her i guess she is dead. well if jada is gone so am i

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@perfect_10: Yeah, I wonder if it'd be a negotiation thing. They'd be better not fully killing her off in case they decide or manage to get her back later.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up dead or forced out of town as one the last traditional mob bosses before it all becomes hats and codenames.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@g_man: Bruce Wayne will kill her with a gun and make everyone's head implode. TV twists yo.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I really hope Season One ends with Penguin finally killing Fish, not because I dislike the character but because it is the satisfying payoff for Penguin's story in this season. Anything less will kind of undermine Penguin's rise.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always found Fish to be one of the more interesting characters in the show because of how over the top she was. I hope she comes back, and if not I hope they don't kill her off so she can come back later on.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By redmanta

she is with Dollmaker so i guess he will give her a new look and replace her with a new actress

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales: This right here. Although I differ in that I can't stand her character in this series and the Penguin needs to be the one that kills her in the end

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she has been pretty awesome lately in Gotham,when she did the eye pluck I was like what the heck man! But I could see her transforming into a different character with the help of Dollmakers dad, or probably to try and make her more humanize internally,and basically making viewers feel sorry for her and then having her probably sacrifice her life for someone else,or just having Penguin finishing her off like some have say and basically stepping out of her shadow.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She will probably leave and Penguin will be the new leader...

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please kill her off, shes so annoyingly over the top in a show where everyone is over the top.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A character who plucks their eye out is one that will soon die or will last a long time. Perhaps the former this time.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Fish to stay,I love the character. People say she's over the top....well there are over the top people in reality and her being a boss kind of requires her to over the top at times. I kinda think Fish will be "killed" or will "go away" for a long while and then comeback and turn everything upside down.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just cancel the show

great_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fish's story should have ended when her coup failed.

There's a time to wrap up a characters story line and that should have been it.

For example, killing of Michael Pitt's character in Boardwalk empire. He was and interesting and popular main cast character but the writers made the right decision to write of the fan fave character rather than dragging out his story line.

Personally I've found Fish to be a character which makes the series less believable. Such as her "torture" by Falcone's best torturer which she walks away from unscathed, the way she prepared to tackle the insurgent who attacked her on the ship which just looked ridiculous and the fact that she manages to intimidate 2 huge thugs when imprisoned without any weapons, manpower or leverage of any kind.

I can however understand the hesitancy of the writers to kill her off given the demand for powerful female characters in the modern industry. The response to any female character of this sort is met with acclaim by the general public and critics alike.

To be fair the moment she stabbed out her eye to turn her fate around was the first moment I found her character to be actually believable for the character type she is supposed to be portraying. This story line has captured the spotlight for the last 2 eps.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring her back for Season 2 Pleeeeeeaaaaaseeeeee

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DaymarePrime

She is going to have to have some conversations with her bosses after that I am sure. Jada dropped a big bomb or is using it a negotiation tool, but typically actors that care about their show, whether they are returning or not, do not spoil something as big as that.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Penguin's gotta be the one to kill her off, if you ask me.

There's no other logical explanation for why any sane person would call her character 'Fish'.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I still think she's going to be the first person Penguin kills with a trick umbrella

@wardishy said:

There's no other logical explanation for why any sane person would call her character 'Fish'.

Exactly!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Kill her off...slowly.

Fixed!

I still think she's going to be the first person Penguin kills with a trick umbrella

@wardishy said:

Exactly!

This also works for me.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@dngn4774 said:
    @amazingwebhead said:

@wardishy said:

Exactly!

This also works for me.

Maybe it'll also be the first time he does the squawk laugh

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@amazingwebhead: I get the feeling that this first season of Gotham would have been much better if they killed her at the end of the betrayal and gave her time to Zsasz and Maroni.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thank the lord Fish is going to leave. Nothing against Jada but her character on the show is terrible and her subplots are eyerollingly bad. I hope they let Penguin kill her off, Now if they can only get rid of Barbra this show might be saved.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh the show got really Bori g really fast which is a shame because it had such great potential for being a noir cop thriller set in gotham before batman. But like most things it became a here look bride is gonna be batman every five minutes kind of show.

Joe_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I agree with with some of the other posts here. If they are going to kill Fish, Penguin is the one who should do it.

dcd747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank God. I hate this character with a passion. I mentally tune out every time the show jumps to her subplot.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This show is Batman lite, it's somewhere between Burton and Schumacher. A stylized, lightly-themed show a la Burton would be good but you start to go in Schumacher territory with soft plots, untaken risks, flimsy characters. Truthfully, if this came out like 15 years ago then maybe it could last, nowadays, it just doesn't cut the mustard.

Waveserpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Waveserpent

Just please don't give us the line from Penguin before he kills her, "But you know Ms. Mooney, Penguins EAT Fish!" I will spit take and scream obscenities at myself for continuing to watch this "show."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.