Gotham Renewed for a Second Season

Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio

A few shows on FOX are getting renewed for new seasons a bit early and one of them is the hit show Gotham. The story of a city before its most famous vigilante was old enough to play the lotto is getting a second round, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

No Caption Provided

Gotham is currently averaging a 42 rating in adults 18-49 and taking in 10.6 million viewers. It's currently the season's number one broadcast drama among men 18-49. The series premiere was the highest-rated fall drama debut in 14 years for FOX.

It's pretty amazing to think that a show without Batman featuring a ton of characters that eventually come to know Batman would do this insanely well, but this is great news for people who have been invested in the adventures of Detective James Gordon.

Currently, fans are only halfway through the first season, so they can expect a lot more of the world of Gotham to fill their lives in 2015 and beyond. Episode 12 of the show "What The Little Bird Told Him" airs January 19th on FOX at 8/7C

What do you think of this news? What characters would you like to see in the second season of this show?

Staff
#1 Posted by Cap10nate (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I didn't know that the ratings for the show were so good. I stopped watching after the first five or six episodes, but I'm glad that it is doing well as it can only bode well for additional comic related shows being produced.

#2 Edited by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

suck it haters

#4 Edited by the_stegman (40188 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it improves as the series moves forward.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#6 Posted by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a surprise. I guess I'll be tuning to Gotham sometime later. But the ratings may not suggest that it's entirely good. Look at the TV show Spartacus. That show had low ratings yet it had a good story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spartacus_episodes

Why the show had low ratings? Because it was probably due to graphic content and the viewers were turned off from it. But the show wasn't cancelled. It was a complete series detailing the historical facts of Spartacus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_%28TV_series%29

Here Gotham has good ratings. Does it mean the story and the characters are that good? I'll have to find out myself and make a judgement.

True Blood is another show with pretty good ratings but the story wise and the characters went off the hook. I've watched it and the series didn't impress me. It had good concepts though. I mean, this is an HBO show we're talking about. HBO did better with Game of Thrones than True Blood. That's quite a laugh.

#8 Edited by Sy8000 (35203 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#9 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

If this gets a second season and Constantine doesn't.....

#10 Posted by redmanta (605 posts) - - Show Bio

i love this show

#11 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

If this gets a second season and Constantine doesn't.....

....You'll be mad but unable to do anything?

#12 Posted by DrF8 (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...10 milion vewiers? WTF

#13 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: No I just felt that would be better then actually saying something generic like "I've lost faith in humanity" or something like that.

#14 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by mikeg1965 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice one, Jimbo!

#16 Posted by timelord (920 posts) - - Show Bio

You see NBC this is what happens when you advertise something. Have a little faith and Constantine could do gang busters.

#17 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord said:

You see NBC this is what happens when you advertise something. Have a little faith and Constantine could do gang busters.

Exactly, most people didn't even know it was on last Friday. What's the point in spending money on a show you won't advertise?

#18 Posted by timelord (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord said:

Exactly, most people didn't even know it was on last Friday. What's the point in spending money on a show you won't advertise?

Yup Flash and Arrow are also breaking records for CW so they really only have them self's to blame.

#19 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is something...

Avatar image for transformers1024
#20 Posted by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

But this show has sucked for the most part?

#21 Posted by TrueMarvel (578 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad show like Gotham had good ratings and gets a second season

Good show like Constantine had bad ratings and it's future is looking bleak

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

~MiB

#23 Posted by comicace3 (12434 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad I didn't watch the first season.

#24 Posted by Wilbertus (535 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not complaining.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#25 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22732 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, Gotham is great for background noise lol

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#26 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9033 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Bang Theory is still on an that show has sucked for years.

#27 Posted by mak13131313 (1601 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Loki2u (325 posts) - - Show Bio

suck it haters

Absolutely this!

It goes to show that a show needs to be appealing to ALL viewers, not just the community here at Comicvine.

#29 Edited by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent! A good show gets renewed for more episodes. More time to expand on already interesting characters and stories. It's popular because it keeps a lot of people interested, entertained and coming back for more.

So what does this announcement have to do with Constantine? Not a F@!%ing thing. If Constantine gets cancelled it doesn't mean that it's a terrible show. There's plenty of other factors at play and sometimes a show just comes out are the wrong time.

#31 Posted by mickeymayhew (426 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!!

#32 Posted by nakobass (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I Love Gotham, It shows just how much of of a cesspool Gotham is, and why Batman was really needed. And how hard it is to be a good cop is such a corrupt city.

#33 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Great show, glad it got renewed. Don't know why some people think it sucks, but cannot argue about taste.

#34 Posted by dbullo22 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is the court of owls?

#35 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#36 Posted by Jumdor (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally enjoy this show because it isn't all flash. It's about the characters over being about the super antics. Aside from Barbara this show is solid. I mean it could be better, but what show couldn't be.

Constantine is good as well. =)

#37 Posted by Deathstroke02 (3369 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Harryvine (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear Season 2 is being called Gotham: The Rise of Barbara Gordon.

Avatar image for infinity_lion_comics
#39 Posted by infinity_lion_comics (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@harryvine: Really? Batman isn't even on the scene yet. LOL Batgirl b4 Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.