little_miss_kitty's Gotham City Sirens #10 - Taking Sides review

Avatar image for little_miss_kitty
  • little_miss_kitty wrote this review on .

The riddler steals the shows

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm really impresse with this issue, bu since this is a review im going to end up being very nitpicky.

Presentation

The art is okay, nothing special, but after looking at such gorgeous covers, it leaves a little something to be wanted. Also, there are some cheesecake scenes, which I heavily disprove because on of catwoman's defining characteristics is that she is sexy without posing or thrusting outher breasts. That said, his interperatations of the girls and riddler are very nice. The coloring was nice, though at some times it seemed that it was too light for ti to be well, night.

Writing

The story was average, but what really did it for me was:
1) Riddlers monologue. Brilliant. Just Brilliant.
2) The interaction between Selina and Eddie. Harley and The Riddle were nice too.

My only real complaint is that we keep hearing about a bomb exploding in riddlers face, but it isn'timportant to the story, nor do we get details.

Overall
GCS #10 is a stellar issue. It has good art, better than average coloring, and wonderful character developement. A bit more build-up, eould have been nice, but was not central to this issue. Finally having overcome my feelings of resentment that Catwoan no longeer has her own comic, I suppose that GCS is going o stay on my pull list. For now.