In an age of mystery and superstition, how would the people of Gotham react to a weird creature of the night, a bat-garbed vigilante feared by the guilty and the innocent alike? The very first Elseworlds tale re-imagines the Dark Knight detective in Victorian times and pits him against the infamous murderer Jack the Ripper.
Batman vs. Jack the Ripper.
- Graphic Design by Dean Matter and Vera Litynsky.
- "Dedicated to Nadine, with love. Brian Augustyn"
- "To Elsa Lancaster, the Bride of Frankenstein. Mike Mignola"
- "From Hell" one page introduction by Robert Bloch.
- On page 10 panel 8 an image of the Joker.
- On page 11 panel 1 the business sign Sickert & Co. is a homage to Walter Sickert who was suspected of being Jack the Ripper.
- Prince Albert Victor was also suspected of being Jack the Ripper.
- The first "Elseworlds" story.
- Ranked #9 in Wizard Magazine's list of "100 Best Single Issue Comics Since You Were Born".