Follow

Goku

Character » Goku appears in 1424 issues.

The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

Just how fast is Goku?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I have timed the video clip and Goku performs this in 54 seconds. Wouldn't that mean Goku performs 1,851,851,851,851 sit ups per second. Sorry but doesn't that mean Goku has insanely fact reaction speeds?

Like I know the average human reaction speed for touch stimuli is 0.15 seconds. That a teenager could reach 50 sit ups in 1 minute, meaning they are doing 1 sit up for every 0.83 seconds (50 divided by 60 seconds)

So I am not exactly a math wiz but if we take the 0.15 reaction speed divided by the 1.85 trillion number we get 8.100000000003726e-14 according to my calculator. Now if thats his reaction speed. Femtoseconds are written 10-15 and Picoseconds are written 10-12 so not sure where that falls, maybe massively Picosecond speed?

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INB4 MFTL+++ Goku.

Boderline LS I would say.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MFTL

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@blackknighting: Hey thanks for the reply. I wanted to point something out if I am right about it being Picosecond. Which I think it is.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110203183118AAdReeS

This answer says that in 1 picosecond light moves 0.299 mm. That seems like it would qualify as Lightspeed yes? If he really is at 8.1 pico seconds doesn't that mean he is faster than light? I mean 0.299 is 0.0369 if you divide it by the 8.1.

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike:

To keep it short since DB threads get very cluster and most times go bad.

DBS is very inconsistent and the first LS speedster to be introduced and fully acknowledged is Dypso, he could reach ls-mftl speeds in burst.

But you know power scaling and the stuff, from his fights i would put him borderline LS.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackknighting: Yeah I know. Typically it comes down to people disregarding things from DB and downplay any feat as being massively subpar which makes the fans get very defensive.

Dragonball is inconsistent on a good day and so are comics so that cant simply be it. And while yes Dypso was declared to be the first insanely massive light speed fighter that was openly declared but yes that was suppose to be in short bursts. However that doesn't actually change anything for the others. Just because Dypso can burst into thousands of times the speed of light doesnt mean everyone else was fighting at the speed of smell.

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike:

Comics can be inconsistent as well but every character has years (even decades) worth of feats, statements and quantifiable stats that can be use to put them on a lvl of power, but DB doesn't had much and relies on scaling a lot.

That's the thing, Dypso was openly stated to be LS-MFTL while the others never were mention to fight or travel at that speed. This puts Dypso on a higher spd lvl just by that phrase alone and fans use scaling to put characters on ftl speeds, which imo is a bad way to power lvl characters. Krillin and Gohan fought Blue Goku which to me it's outrageous since Blue should be way higher to them.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackknighting: For the Gohan and Krillin vs Blue Goku we have to remember he wasn't really going all out he was simply sparring with them though I have to admit I am not sure why we went Blue unless it was some kind of thing of wanting to master his ki control in that form and using it by sparring with people far below his level.

But yeah scaling happens but with things like this were they do a feat and you can calculate stuff its mostly discarded as "Scaling" But we are perfectly allowed to judge how much this comic character is lifting or that comic character is lifting and its considered a usable feat.

I do agree with DB not having benchmarks like using the words Faster than Light before or stuff like that. But Toriyama doesn't really care if Goku can beat X on a forum from the fans. But we do seem to see things in DBS that can be calculated, such as the giant water can at the beginning of Super. That is huge and yeah I did a quick calculation on it because it seemed like a weirdly massive item. I got around 9,000 Tons or so. Far beyond the 40 tons meme out there but still not ridiculous. The weights on King Kai's world that he is doing reps with, calculated them using cast iron weights for their size and got roughly 30,000 tons under the ten times gravity. So Toriyama is introducing much more things that can be looked at, but yeah given how old the series is that really should have happened years ago.

Eyasluna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackknighting: But Goku has feats that puts him at relative light speed in the Namek saga.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.