Follow

    Goku

    Character » Goku appears in 1348 issues.

    The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

    How powerful was goku at 17?

    • 52 results
    • 1
    • 2
    Avatar image for shatiquego582
    shatiquego582

    200

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Ok so me and a friend got into a discussion about current naruto vs 17 year old goku saying who is more powerful cause naruto is 17 so can anyone help me figure it out I mean 17 year old goku would be less powerful then goku at the beginning of DBZ but a lil more powerful then DB goku so any help?

    Avatar image for russellmania77
    russellmania77

    17601

    Forum Posts

    1

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    He surpassed master roshi (who blew up the moon). He could also do the air dance (float). Survived a city busting attack by piccolo and was taught by the God of earth at that time

    Avatar image for soa
    SoA

    6248

    Forum Posts

    179

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 6

    he couldn't fly . lol

    goku at the end of db was the strongest being at earth at the time , im going to use abc logic but:: if king piccolo could destroy a city and junior (the piccolo we all know and love ) was more powerful than his "dad" , and 17yro goku beat him i would say goku was pretty powerful , even then.

    im a little lost on naruto , what can current naruto do?

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Avatar image for shatiquego582
    shatiquego582

    200

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @soa: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vi5Ou133nt8 here's he's latest fight

    Avatar image for shatiquego582
    shatiquego582

    200

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
    The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

    17515

    Forum Posts

    99

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Avatar image for marshall_long
    Marshall_Long

    5722

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    He was moon level.

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #9  Edited By nickzambuto

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #10  Edited By Shavo
    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions said:

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Avatar image for russellmania77
    russellmania77

    17601

    Forum Posts

    1

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Durability matters a lot considering Naruto can punch Goku in the face repeatedly and do no damage.

    Roshi blew up the moon. Piccolo blew up the moon. Goku can easily blow up the moon.

    Avatar image for shatiquego582
    shatiquego582

    200

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: well naruto is a city buster now and has exceeded his father in speed but here's a vid skip to the 4min mark tho

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vi5Ou133nt8

    Avatar image for shatiquego582
    shatiquego582

    200

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: idk remember king piccolo destroying the moon I just remember him destroying a continent and wasn't main vegeta more powerful then perfect cell who said he could destroy a solar but when vegate pulled a chiaotzu He only made a crater

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Durability matters a lot considering Naruto can punch Goku in the face repeatedly and do no damage.

    Roshi blew up the moon. Piccolo blew up the moon. Goku can easily blow up the moon.

    what the hell is with all the naruto? i thought this was about goku and just because piccolo and roshi could blow the moon doesn't mean goku can, goku won 99% of his fights with just h2h so please stop with the a-b-c logic its really stupid

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Durability matters a lot considering Naruto can punch Goku in the face repeatedly and do no damage.

    Roshi blew up the moon. Piccolo blew up the moon. Goku can easily blow up the moon.

    what the hell is with all the naruto? i thought this was about goku and just because piccolo and roshi could blow the moon doesn't mean goku can, goku won 99% of his fights with just h2h so please stop with the a-b-c logic its really stupid

    The thread is about Naruto vs Goku if you actually read the OP.

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Durability matters a lot considering Naruto can punch Goku in the face repeatedly and do no damage.

    Roshi blew up the moon. Piccolo blew up the moon. Goku can easily blow up the moon.

    what the hell is with all the naruto? i thought this was about goku and just because piccolo and roshi could blow the moon doesn't mean goku can, goku won 99% of his fights with just h2h so please stop with the a-b-c logic its really stupid

    The thread is about Naruto vs Goku if you actually read the OP.

    uh yea i read the OP he wanted to find out how powerful goku was at 17 so i said street level give or take the goku vs naruto part is none of my business that's between him and his friend

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Durability matters a lot considering Naruto can punch Goku in the face repeatedly and do no damage.

    Roshi blew up the moon. Piccolo blew up the moon. Goku can easily blow up the moon.

    what the hell is with all the naruto? i thought this was about goku and just because piccolo and roshi could blow the moon doesn't mean goku can, goku won 99% of his fights with just h2h so please stop with the a-b-c logic its really stupid

    The thread is about Naruto vs Goku if you actually read the OP.

    uh yea i read the OP he wanted to find out how powerful goku was at 17 so i said street level give or take the goku vs naruto part is none of my business that's between him and his friend

    You're implying that Batman is in league with a character that did this?

    Loading Video...

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #20  Edited By Shavo

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    Low tier street level, yes. We all remember the times that Batman tanked nukes and Captain America blew up the moon.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Durability matters a lot considering Naruto can punch Goku in the face repeatedly and do no damage.

    Roshi blew up the moon. Piccolo blew up the moon. Goku can easily blow up the moon.

    what the hell is with all the naruto? i thought this was about goku and just because piccolo and roshi could blow the moon doesn't mean goku can, goku won 99% of his fights with just h2h so please stop with the a-b-c logic its really stupid

    The thread is about Naruto vs Goku if you actually read the OP.

    uh yea i read the OP he wanted to find out how powerful goku was at 17 so i said street level give or take the goku vs naruto part is none of my business that's between him and his friend

    You're implying that Batman is in league with a character that did this?

    Loading Video...

    why do you keep bringing up irrelevant names to this when have i ever compared batman to goku on this thread? goku at the time was street level give or take is that so hard to understand?.....

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #22  Edited By Shavo

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    and i don't think you understand that this isn't current goku were talking about, its 17 TEEN YEAR OLD GOKU who was not hypersonic was not a 100 tonner could not leap above clouds(though he could ride one) could not blow up mountains and was most definitely a street leveler though i will say he was a high tier street leveler

    Avatar image for marshall_long
    Marshall_Long

    5722

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: Goku was 17 when he fought Piccolo Jr at the 23rd Budokai Tournament you really think those guys were street level around that time?

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: Goku was 17 when he fought Piccolo Jr at the 23rd Budokai Tournament you really think those guys were street level around that time?

    my definition of street level is not the same as what you people think when you people think street level you think captain america batman whatever when i think street level i think of a guy who can actually bust a whole street in one shot so yea to me goku at 17 was a street leveler

    Avatar image for date_masamune
    Date_Masamune

    170

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Goku is a Saiyan he's been superhuman since he was born.

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    and i don't think you understand that this isn't current goku were talking about, its 17 TEEN YEAR OLD GOKU who was not hypersonic was not a 100 tonner could not leap above clouds(though he could ride one) could not blow up mountains and was most definitely a street leveler though i will say he was a high tier street leveler

    Loading Video...

    Manga Dragon Ball - Chapter 45 - Page 12

    Manga Dragon Ball - Chapter 45 - Page 13

    I recommend you familiarize yourself with a franchise before trying to throw out facts about it.

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    and i don't think you understand that this isn't current goku were talking about, its 17 TEEN YEAR OLD GOKU who was not hypersonic was not a 100 tonner could not leap above clouds(though he could ride one) could not blow up mountains and was most definitely a street leveler though i will say he was a high tier street leveler

    I recommend you familiarize yourself with a franchise before trying to throw out facts about it.

    umm ok he jumped in the sky so what? that doesn't make u powerful just means you jump high and after image really your using that as a hypersonic feat? every anime/manga character can do after image even you can do after image just wave your hand in front of your face the only one here throwing meaningless facts is you my friend why can't you just admit goku at 17 let me repeat GOKU AT 17 YEARS OLD NOT CURRENT GOKU was a street leveler?

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    and i don't think you understand that this isn't current goku were talking about, its 17 TEEN YEAR OLD GOKU who was not hypersonic was not a 100 tonner could not leap above clouds(though he could ride one) could not blow up mountains and was most definitely a street leveler though i will say he was a high tier street leveler

    I recommend you familiarize yourself with a franchise before trying to throw out facts about it.

    umm ok he jumped in the sky so what? that doesn't make u powerful just means you jump high and after image really your using that as a hypersonic feat? every anime/manga character can do after image even you can do after image just wave your hand in front of your face the only one here throwing meaningless facts is you my friend why can't you just admit goku at 17 let me repeat GOKU AT 17 YEARS OLD NOT CURRENT GOKU was a street leveler?

    Street level implies peak humans. If you really think that shoving giant boulders, jumping up to the clouds, and moving faster than a God can perceive are peak human feats, than you have no business talking about battles.

    Avatar image for marshall_long
    Marshall_Long

    5722

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto: If he think's somebody who can move a huge boulder, survive an attack that leveled an Island, and is Hypersonic is a street level character, then there is no convincing him otherwise.

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto: If he think's somebody who can move a huge boulder, survive an attack that leveled an Island, and is Hypersonic is a street level character, then there is no convincing him otherwise.

    Well he also said that Batman can beat Captain Planet on the basis that he beats Superman, lol

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    and i don't think you understand that this isn't current goku were talking about, its 17 TEEN YEAR OLD GOKU who was not hypersonic was not a 100 tonner could not leap above clouds(though he could ride one) could not blow up mountains and was most definitely a street leveler though i will say he was a high tier street leveler

    I recommend you familiarize yourself with a franchise before trying to throw out facts about it.

    umm ok he jumped in the sky so what? that doesn't make u powerful just means you jump high and after image really your using that as a hypersonic feat? every anime/manga character can do after image even you can do after image just wave your hand in front of your face the only one here throwing meaningless facts is you my friend why can't you just admit goku at 17 let me repeat GOKU AT 17 YEARS OLD NOT CURRENT GOKU was a street leveler?

    Street level implies peak humans. If you really think that shoving giant boulders, jumping up to the clouds, and moving faster than a God can perceive are peak human feats, than you have no business talking about battles.

    like i said to the other guy my definition of street level is different form yours i guess if i use the comcivine ranking thing i guess goku would be metahuman low/middle/high whatever.....but how i rank characters is on there destructive power not on how fast there are or how many rocks he can pull with a bald dude or how high he jumps.......here is how do it

    street level

    building

    mountain

    continent

    moon

    planet

    star

    universal

    blah blah blah get it now? cause i really can't make it anymore clear than this and if you still don't get it too bad im going to bed....

    Avatar image for nickzambuto
    nickzambuto

    29288

    Forum Posts

    5083

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    and i don't think you understand that this isn't current goku were talking about, its 17 TEEN YEAR OLD GOKU who was not hypersonic was not a 100 tonner could not leap above clouds(though he could ride one) could not blow up mountains and was most definitely a street leveler though i will say he was a high tier street leveler

    I recommend you familiarize yourself with a franchise before trying to throw out facts about it.

    umm ok he jumped in the sky so what? that doesn't make u powerful just means you jump high and after image really your using that as a hypersonic feat? every anime/manga character can do after image even you can do after image just wave your hand in front of your face the only one here throwing meaningless facts is you my friend why can't you just admit goku at 17 let me repeat GOKU AT 17 YEARS OLD NOT CURRENT GOKU was a street leveler?

    Street level implies peak humans. If you really think that shoving giant boulders, jumping up to the clouds, and moving faster than a God can perceive are peak human feats, than you have no business talking about battles.

    like i said to the other guy my definition of street level is different form yours i guess if i use the comcivine ranking thing i guess goku would be metahuman low/middle/high whatever.....but how i rank characters is on there destructive power not on how fast there are or how many rocks he can pull with a bald dude or how high he jumps.......here is how do it

    street level

    building

    mountain

    continent

    moon

    planet

    star

    universal

    blah blah blah get it now? cause i really can't make it anymore clear than this and if you still don't get it too bad im going to bed....

    That's a horrible, horrible way to rank characters. You really don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

    Avatar image for shatiquego582
    shatiquego582

    200

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Ok so can someone one tell me how strong fast and destructive 17 year old goku is and tell me if current naruto could best him please this isn't a battle it's a question jeez -_-

    Avatar image for matteopg
    MatteoPG

    1950

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: so you first invented a way of ranking characters (in which destroying a building it's somehow easier than destroying an entire street... ok) but used the same nomenclature for one of the levels as a well accepted slang. Then, when there was some confusion about the ambigous term, you treated people like morons because they didn't automatically figure out you were using a made up ranking system.

    Congrats.

    Back to the OP. I think that Dragon Ball in general has power level much higher than those of Naruto. If you think about it, the maximum level that characters have reached in Naruto now was considered just the first step in the power scale in DBZ. There is no actual way to quantify in absolute the strenght of a fictional character. But you can compare the feats of two characters. And if you look at what 17 years old Goku does, in terms of power, it seems like it can trump easily what Naruto does at 17.

    Still, naruto has a lot more diverse, interesting and tricky techniques. Also with the 9-tailed fox (I don't know how it translates to english) he can muster up pretty huge displays of raw energy. And he seems to have more stamina. I'd say it could go either way. If it was a battle forum, I'd give 6 matches out of 10 to goku, by a short margin.

    Avatar image for shatiquego582
    shatiquego582

    200

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @matteopg: idk I think naruto might win 6 out of 10 only because he is a city buster now and also cause he is just as fast as his fathers teleportation jutsu (yellow flash) so theirs that but I may be wrong care to shed some light on this topic cause I wanna get a good understanding

    Avatar image for matteopg
    MatteoPG

    1950

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @shatiquego582: well, as much as I loved both series, I'm not much into comparing two completely different scenarios. Their powers are so different... also, the world of Naruto has a much more interesting and intricate power system, where some attacks may be very powerful against some foes and not some others. Also there is much more strategy in their fights.

    If they were to just butt heads, I see maybe a 17 years old goku come out on top, for sheer strenght alone. But again, as I said before, it's a very narrow margin in my head.

    Now that I think about it, maybe Naruto would take it more often than not, if not only for the fact that he is comparable power-wise, but is is vastly superior in tactics and strategy. Also, he has more flexible techniques. You know, you made me think about it and now I kind of lean more towards Naruto. Like 6-7 out of 10 battles should be his.

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #37  Edited By Shavo

    @matteopg said:

    @knivestrillions: so you first invented a way of ranking characters (in which destroying a building it's somehow easier than destroying an entire street... ok) but used the same nomenclature for one of the levels as a well accepted slang. Then, when there was some confusion about the ambigous term, you treated people like morons because they didn't automatically figure out you were using a made up ranking system.

    Congrats.

    Back to the OP. I think that Dragon Ball in general has power level much higher than those of Naruto. If you think about it, the maximum level that characters have reached in Naruto now was considered just the first step in the power scale in DBZ. There is no actual way to quantify in absolute the strenght of a fictional character. But you can compare the feats of two characters. And if you look at what 17 years old Goku does, in terms of power, it seems like it can trump easily what Naruto does at 17.

    Still, naruto has a lot more diverse, interesting and tricky techniques. Also with the 9-tailed fox (I don't know how it translates to english) he can muster up pretty huge displays of raw energy. And he seems to have more stamina. I'd say it could go either way. If it was a battle forum, I'd give 6 matches out of 10 to goku, by a short margin.

    i did not treat anyone like idiots i explained how i rank people on destructive level and i didn't invent this lol?every comic/anime site uses this ranking style so mind your business and stop talking out your ass sir....

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #38  Edited By Shavo

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions said:

    @nickzambuto said:

    @knivestrillions: I do not think you understand the term "street level".

    A massively hypersonic, 100 tonner who can leap above the clouds and bust mountains with energy waves, does not fall in line with peak humans.

    and i don't think you understand that this isn't current goku were talking about, its 17 TEEN YEAR OLD GOKU who was not hypersonic was not a 100 tonner could not leap above clouds(though he could ride one) could not blow up mountains and was most definitely a street leveler though i will say he was a high tier street leveler

    I recommend you familiarize yourself with a franchise before trying to throw out facts about it.

    umm ok he jumped in the sky so what? that doesn't make u powerful just means you jump high and after image really your using that as a hypersonic feat? every anime/manga character can do after image even you can do after image just wave your hand in front of your face the only one here throwing meaningless facts is you my friend why can't you just admit goku at 17 let me repeat GOKU AT 17 YEARS OLD NOT CURRENT GOKU was a street leveler?

    Street level implies peak humans. If you really think that shoving giant boulders, jumping up to the clouds, and moving faster than a God can perceive are peak human feats, than you have no business talking about battles.

    like i said to the other guy my definition of street level is different form yours i guess if i use the comcivine ranking thing i guess goku would be metahuman low/middle/high whatever.....but how i rank characters is on there destructive power not on how fast there are or how many rocks he can pull with a bald dude or how high he jumps.......here is how do it

    street level

    building

    mountain

    continent

    moon

    planet

    star

    universal

    blah blah blah get it now? cause i really can't make it anymore clear than this and if you still don't get it too bad im going to bed....

    That's a horrible, horrible way to rank characters. You really don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

    honestly i really don't know how you can't get this i even layered it out and explained i measure how powerful they are on how much they can destroy speed,h2h skills,durability,intellect that's a whole different thing and in this case 17 ten year old goku would be street level destructive level honestly its people like you can make me stay away from this site's forum...

    Avatar image for matteopg
    MatteoPG

    1950

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    he was low tier street level all he did at that age was h2h

    This is your first post. You use comic book terminology without explaining that you are using the term "street level" completely differently than anyone else. Proof of this is that nobody said "oh yeah", but everybody pointed out that it didn't make sense.

    1.durability doesn't equal destructive power

    2.goku never blew the moon

    try again

    Here you addressed two finite points, still not explaining what system you were using. Also "try again" seems like you're dismissing the arguments with a lot of condescention.

    what the hell is with all the naruto? i thought this was about goku and just because piccolo and roshi could blow the moon doesn't mean goku can, goku won 99% of his fights with just h2h so please stop with the a-b-c logic its really stupid

    In this you defined stupid the logic used by another user who did the comparison with a character the OP mentioned. It's of course impossible to measure the strenght of a fictional character, so comparisons are necessary. Still, you address him as stupid, but don't explain what ranking system you keep using, when it's obvious that nobody in here knows it.


    why do you keep bringing up irrelevant names to this when have i ever compared batman to goku on this thread? goku at the time was street level give or take is that so hard to understand?.....

    You kept on going with the name "street level" without defining it and treated the other person like an idiot. Because the phrase "is that so hard to understand" implies that the other people doesn't understand something simple, ergo he is stupid.

    like i said to the other guy my definition of street level is different form yours i guess if i use the comcivine ranking thing i guess goku would be metahuman low/middle/high whatever.....but how i rank characters is on there destructive power not on how fast there are or how many rocks he can pull with a bald dude or how high he jumps.......here is how do it

    street level

    building

    mountain

    continent

    moon

    planet

    star

    universal

    blah blah blah get it now? cause i really can't make it anymore clear than this and if you still don't get it too bad im going to bed....

    Here you finally explained (and said that you said it to "the other guy" but you actually hadn't). Also you didn't use any punctuation in any of your posts but found it ridicolous that nobody understood it. And again, " i really can't make it anymore clear than this and if you still don't get it too bad im going to bed...." is a way to dismiss the other person with a very condescending tone.


    That's a horrible, horrible way to rank characters. You really don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

    honestly i really don't know how you can't get this i even layered it out and explained i measure how powerful they are on how much they can destroy speed,h2h skills,durability,intellect that's a whole different thing and in this case 17 ten year old goku would be street level destructive level honestly its people like you can make me stay away from this site's forum...

    And here you stated that you were perfectly reasonable in using a system nobody understood or ever heard about, and said that the other guy, giving his opinion on this system (which is within his rights) is so offputting that makes you want to stop posting. Also this wasn't just his opinion: nobody seemed to understand the way you expressed yourself.

    So, if you notice, your behaviour wasn't very welcoming or understanding, and you kind of insulted other people, which is what peeved me, not your opinons. If you notice, you're the only one arguing with all the others in this thread, while we are just discussing very calmly.

    So, you know, before mouthing out to me, maybe you should check your spelling, your punctuation, your reasoning and your tone. Especially if more than one person points out that you're behaving incorrectly or rudely: maybe you should consider they may have a point instead of lashing out.

    You probably don't care about other people trying to give a reason on why they say the things they say. I just thought I owed it to you to explain why I thought your behaviour was rude. It is well within your rights to keep on going like you are and argue with everyone.

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #40  Edited By Shavo

    @matteopg: wow just reading this make me laugh? you waste so much time trying to disprove someones opinion that's just wow but ill play into your little game since i have to waste till i got to work first of all durability doesn't equal destructive power unless you show me one time where any character from anything let it be comic books,anime/manga,movies,tv used his/her power of durability(the power to survive things not destroy things) to destroy anything and you show me one time where goku blew up the moon at that time then ill believe you second i assure you that no one on this site likes when people use a-b-c logic and anyone who has been on this site for more than 20 minutes will know that and i did not call him stupid i called a-b-c logic stupid third you can see in all of his post he was bringing names that had 0 to do with this thread and he was accusing me of comparing goku to batman and captain america which i never did that's just him being desperate to win the argument and i said goku is a street leveler "give or take" when people say give or take it means they add or subtract the amount of power depending on how powerful they think the character is and i said he didn't understand because he didn't understand he never stays on topic...fourth i did say to the other how i define a street leveler you just have to look back post #24 and i didn't use punctuation because i was tired that's why i said im going to bed it was 3 in the morning im not going to stay up arguing about a fantasy character...and the comicvine "ranking system" literally doesn't explain anything about a character i doesn't say how strong,durable,fast or intelligent a character the way you measure a characters power is by finding how much he can destroy in one one blow that's why some people say "he is a galaxy buster" or "he is a continent buster" its measuring how much they can destroy not how fast they are or how much endurance they have ITS HOW MUCH THEY CAN DESTROY the guy was always bringing up goku's speed and his jumping skills or how he can move a rock but never how much he can destroy his arguing was just assumptions and bringing up irrelevant bs and then people like you want to get on me because you can't take someones opinion? boo hoo stop crying about it its a thread on a comic book site about fictional characters if you don't like my opinion don't respond to it just ignore it and go on with your day not that hard

    Avatar image for matteopg
    MatteoPG

    1950

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: I am sorry, I'm not trying to be dismissive, but I really can't follow the post if you don't at least put some punctuation in it. Could you please repost it with some punctuation? I hardly can understand where a sentece ends and the next begins.

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @matteopg said:

    @knivestrillions: I am sorry, I'm not trying to be dismissive, but I really can't follow the post if you don't at least put some punctuation in it. Could you please repost it with some punctuation? I hardly can understand where a sentece ends and the next begins.

    i guess what your trying to say is "i lost this argument so ill start being a grammar nazi" don't worry i get it ;)

    Avatar image for matteopg
    MatteoPG

    1950

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #43  Edited By MatteoPG

    @knivestrillions: look, as I said, I'm not trying to provoke you, but english is not my first language and I find it really hard to read it that way. If you care about reasonable debate, it should actually be your concern to make yourself understood.

    And how is asking for punctuation, which we get taught in first grade, being a grammar nazi? I mean, at least to separate one sentence from the other, I'm not asking for a college level essay!

    Still, if you don't care about keeping the debate on I understand. I thought you wanted to talk.

    Avatar image for danhimself
    danhimself

    21433

    Forum Posts

    36958

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 3

    @knivestrillions: you're using a ranking system that no one else uses and no one else knows about and you're getting mad because people don't understand what you're talking about....it's like if I decided to start calling steaks pie from now on and then getting mad at a waiter when they give me a piece of apple pie instead of the t-bone that I ordered

    street level characters are characters like Batman, Daredevil, and Captain America...it's not about how much they can destroy

    Avatar image for matteopg
    MatteoPG

    1950

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: you're using a ranking system that no one else uses and no one else knows about and you're getting mad because people don't understand what you're talking about....it's like if I decided to start calling steaks pie from now on and then getting mad at a waiter when they give me a piece of apple pie instead of the t-bone that I ordered

    street level characters are characters like Batman, Daredevil, and Captain America...it's not about how much they can destroy

    Thank you...

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @matteopg said:

    @knivestrillions: look, as I said, I'm not trying to provoke you, but english is not my first language and I find it really hard to read it that way. If you care about reasonable debate, it should actually be your concern to make yourself understood.

    And how is asking for punctuation, which we get taught in first grade, being a grammar nazi? I mean, at least to separate one sentence from the other, I'm not asking for a college level essay!

    Still, if you don't care about keeping the debate on I understand. I thought you wanted to talk.

    english is not my first language either but really you lost all your credibility when you literally when out of your way to disprove every single post of mine on this thread and after i responded with that essay of mine and what do you say "your punctuation sucks"....i have seen some real desperate ways to try to win an argument but yours take the belt by a landslide....

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @knivestrillions: you're using a ranking system that no one else uses and no one else knows about and you're getting mad because people don't understand what you're talking about....it's like if I decided to start calling steaks pie from now on and then getting mad at a waiter when they give me a piece of apple pie instead of the t-bone that I ordered

    street level characters are characters like Batman, Daredevil, and Captain America...it's not about how much they can destroy

    im not ranking the character im ranking their power of destruction comicvines ranking system doesn't have any detail to it, they don't detail speed,strength,or durability or anything correctly and matter of fact this is not even a ranking system if you think about it just details what the character can do in each field(sped strength etc.) im not ranking the character as whole just how much he destroy in one shot and im not getting mad at anything they just don't get that im not talking about speed or high they can jump just how much they can destroy their "destructive capacity" and if you still think that im using some kind ranking system that only i use whatever think what you want.the last thing i gotta say is that all my post on this thread where my opinion and if my words get you that riled up and butthurt that's on you bud

    Avatar image for matteopg
    MatteoPG

    1950

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #48  Edited By MatteoPG

    @knivestrillions: if you want I can answer to your post, but if I misunderstand something cut me some slack, ok?

    Also I didn't attack your opinion. I criticized the way you were behaving toward other people. Read my post carefully, please, I specifically said that I didn't care if you have a different opinion, but I was just ticked off by how you treated the other posters.

    So, as to your post:

    - Yes, he used those characters because you, at that specific post, still hadn't explained that you were using the term "street leveler" in completely different manner than anyone else. Maybe you don't know this, but it is commonly accepted that "street lever" is a guy that has no major powers that elevate his physical skills above a certain amount and so can deal with "street problems". Of course if you means something else, it wasn't clear at that point. Also you may be interested to know that Batman and Cap are the definition of street levers. Now that the thing is clarified I actually have nothing to say about that. Again, my post wasn't about your logic, it was about you acting all high and mighty while you were actually misusing a very common term. I repeat: I never attacked your position, just your attitude.

    - Saying that somebody is using a stupid logic or saying something stupid cuts it a little close to calling him stupid. If you didn't intend it that way, of course, that's another story. Also, if you read my post, you insinuated a lot about other people's intelligence more than once. Of course if you care to apologize for that, we're cool.

    - I feel I have to emphasize this again, because of the way you are behaving. I never once said anything about your opinion. A forum is designed specifically to discuss. I was just saying that you were being rude, and also that you didn't explain your teminology and that was causing some confusion. You then treated me like dirt just because you are too lazy to put punctuation in your posts. I would like to ask you who, of the two of us, was actually trying to bring the conversation forward, but I will refrain from that.

    Coming back to the OP. You think that Naruto would take the match? I mean, the thread is actually moved by the need of comparing the two characters, so I think it's logical to ask. You defined, with your ranking system, Goku's strenght in your opinion (because appareantly other people's opinion is "bs", as you so elegantly put it). How would you rank Naruto's?

    Avatar image for shavo
    Shavo

    2200

    Forum Posts

    389

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    @matteopg: man i need to stop responding but i can't its too hilarious i mean wow i never seen so many people get on one person because my opinion made you nerd rage i mean really you're accusing me of calling people dumb,accusing me of comparing goku to batman and cap ,accusing me of using a ranking system that i only use and whats more hilarious is that i even said in a past post that "if i used comicvines ranking style goku would be at metahuman level" but no the accusing keeps on but i gotta say i must thank you for opening my eyes and making me realize "wow why am i on a sire forum arguing about fictional characters for the past few hours with someone who can't tell the difference between someone saying their opinion and someone stating a fact i gotta go outside and actually live my life" so again thanks for making me realize the type of people that roam around on this site peace

    Avatar image for degraaf
    DEGRAAF

    8431

    Forum Posts

    72

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    I know nothing about Nuroto but why has no one posted video of Goku as a teen fighting?

    Loading Video...

    This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

    Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

    Comment and Save

    Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.