Follow

Goku

Character » Goku appears in 1424 issues.

The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

Goku is faster than light

• 131 results
    ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@akshsarpanch: That's stupid. IF he were that fast he would be able cross the universe in a matter of moments.

The entire universe is like 50 billion light years, If you were x50B FTL it would take you 1 year or 365 days to cross the said distance, If you were trillion times FTL it would take a 1000th of that time.

It took Whis over 2 and a half hours just to cross a portion of universe 7, and Whis confirmed his travel speed is the fastest speed in DB universe. So no way in hell.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By AkshSarpanch

@ryubh: except the fact DB universe is nowhere like ours. If DBZ univsrse were our's size than the size would have been mentioned . Also the fact that it has countless galaxies while our universe distance can be counted.

ALso Whis was able to cross the entire nebula in less than 2 seconds. And average nebula is aboug 12 light years long.

I took 365 days for light itself to cover 1 light year.

And Whis covered that distance in less than 0.3 seconds. If try to convert that distance reached in 0.3 sec, it easily reaches trillions x FTL. Not to mention, he covered the distance of countess galaxies in just 35 minutes, that puts him quintillions time FTL.

Also i didn't remember 2 hours part at all. Can u provide the scan plz?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@ryubh: except the fact DB universe is nowhere like ours. If DBZ univsrse were our's size than the size would have been mentioned . Also the fact that it has countless galaxies while our universe distance can be counted.

ALso Whis was able to cross the entire nebula in less than 2 seconds. And average nebula is aboug 12 light years long.

I took 365 days for light itself to cover 1 light year.

And Whis covered that distance in less than 0.3 seconds. If try to convert that distance reached in 0.3 sec, it easily reaches trillions x FTL. Not to mention, he covered the distance of countess galaxies in just 35 minutes, that puts him quintillions time FTL.

Also i didn't remember 2 hours part at all. Can u provide the scan plz?

How are you able to get a definite number without a definite measurement of how many galaxies he crossed

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent9149: it took a low end end no of galaxies and then a hig end of galaxies and then took a mean of them.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akshsarpanch: And what are your low end and high end numbers?

Our universe itself has 100-200 billion galaxies.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent9149: low end 1000 glalxies and high end 100 million galaxies.

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ryubh

@akshSarpanch

Lmao NO.

ALL the galaxies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x amount of galaxies.

I'm basing myself on the entire size of the entire universe, even highballed Whis top speed is in the order of trillions, no more.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: Where did it say Whis travelled across "ALL" the galaxies and where was the number of galaxies (that is the number of all the galaxies) even given at all?

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent9149: nowhere. But the fact that outside our universe since Goku wasn't able to sense Whis or Beerus power sven though he was able to sense Gohan power from Old Kai relam. That means he at least has to cover thousands to millions of galaxies in 35 minutes.

Even if we ignore that, Whis covered entire nebula is few seconds.

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: Where did it say Whis travelled across "ALL" the galaxies and where was the number of galaxies (that is the number of all the galaxies) even given at all?

He never said that, I'm highballing this feat "as if Whis crossed the entire universe (= all the galaxies)" in 2 hours.

He didn't even cross the entire universe in those 2 hours, so even highballed, Whis travel speed is like 2 digits trillion times FTL.

No Caption Provided

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: you do realize the distance and location of nameless planet was never given?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: Where is Beerus's planet? and from how far is it from earth?

Avatar image for watcher_killer4
    Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: I'm sorry how big is the universe?

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: you do realize the distance and location of nameless planet was never given?

Except that it was, It's a neutral area between U7 and U6, therefore is within the universe 7.

Even if you highball Whis covering the largest distance in the universe (which is unlikely) in 2 hours using his travel speed, it's trillions times FTL top.

So no, not even Whis's "fastest speed in the universe" is in the the order of trillions.

So, pls stop your Goku being "trillion times FTL" non-sense.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By AkshSarpanch

@ryubh: nope, wrong. The neutral are would be in the outskirts of Universe 6 and Universe 7 aka the end of universe 7 and starting of universe 6. Thats common sense and math.

Also even if we lowball the size of universe to 200 million galaxies saying Whis covered it to 2 hours, its still above trillions.

Sorry but you are the one who is not making sense.

Barodas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Barodas

Beerus house/place is within a nebula and beerus casually crossed it and got to a random planet Toriyama knows where, which at least makes the god tiers billions times faster then the speed of light. Also fun facts Beerus wasn't even trying and that DB characters combat speed is superior to travel speed. That was episode 2 if DBS of I'm not mistaken.

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akshsarpanch: Jesus, stop he number of galaxies non-sense, that's like flying over every western European country if you want to go from America to east Europe... the galaxies in the universe are NOT in a perfect straight, failed logic.

Even if highballed from one edge to the opposite edge of the universe in a universe like ours, that's barely 10's of trillions at most and Whis didn't even traveled that distance.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burter thing is hyperbole.

Just saying

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By segamarvel

Is Goku's Super speed anything at all like "conventional" Super speed? what I mean is can he look at the world casually while it's in slow motion while having a conversation wit another super speeder? Or could he do something that doesn't involve fighting? Can he look at a simple math equation like 2 plus 2 and have all the time in the world to think about it before answering in real time? Can he draw a doodle on someones faces without them realizing it? Or walk over to a store grab a soda and drink it all before anyone would even know it's gone?

Phailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Phailure

@segamarvel Kinda... I mean, there are a few instances where they show Goku's speed is so great that he becomes totally imperceptible to those around him, but those are only in combat scenarios. So far, the best example I have seen was when he overcame a time stop with pure speed, but I've yet to see anyone really quantify that well (I've seen everything from "faster than time" to "maybe FTL." Needless to say, I disagree with most of them).

However, at the end of the day, isn't Goku's speed kind of irrelevant? I mean, he has Instant Transmission (aka TELEPORTATION) which he has already shown he can use to "outspeed" even Whis (in travel feats) and Beerus (in battle feats). So talking about Goku's speed is almost meaningless outside of funzies really.

...especially since it's STILL INCONSISTENT/UNQUANTIFIABLE!!!! orz

SuperInternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku is 9999999 times faster than lighting no one can see goku moving expect of the other very strong characters from dragon ball from vegeta and higher goku is faster than any one else from other comics movies and serieses goku is even faster than flash so goku is the fastest

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Han Solo is faster than light too.

No Caption Provided

Oh and nice use of mistranslations, Burter never said he was faster than light.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
    deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so im going to bump this, Goku based off his feat from last night is MFTL+

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScrewAttack is ridiculous and unreliable. They also have said that jigly puff beats Majin Buu. Low balling DBZ is their specialty. Haven't taken any of their battles seriously after I watched a SSJ Goku not wreck Superman.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp there is it. You head it folks. It's been four years running, but goku is not nor nowhere near MFTL. Dyspo is the only mortal to reach FTL speeds.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By segamarvel

Here's the thing. They clearly move faster in the air then they do on the ground. In fact they cover alot more ground flying. Let's use Videl as an example. Sure she's EXTREMELY weak compared to the rest of the z fighters. But she is at least a good example on one thing. Does anyone truly think Videl can either fight or run faster then she can fly? Or for as far/long distances? Obviously she'd get tired running a few miles while barely breaking a sweat just flying that same distance. So that "conserving energy" excuse doesn't fly (pun intended). People always say the Z fighters only move that fast in short bursts.....but in all honesty when you see them making bubble/circular shockwaves all over the sky or battlefield it stops being a "short burst" (at least by my definition/perspective of it) If they have the stamina to be zig zagging all over the place for minutes at a time in these fight scenes then there is no excuse for them to not use their full speed in a straight line for at least a minute (short burst...I don't think so) This should at least make their feats more measurable or quantifiable. There flying speed should technically count for their combat speed. Not in the same way as guys like thor or green lantern but hopefully will get what I mean. We know flying speed ALSO increases with strength in this show. For example ever notice that whenever Vegeta tried to fly away from Frieza, Frieza simply sped up right in front of him? what about that one time when Tien grew extra arms and to counter it Goku simply moved his arms fast to make it look like he grew extra arms as well (which makes no sense considering Back then they were at the same relative level so why couldn't Tien just see the arms for what they really were?) Because it's all for nothing more then entertainment and look cool.

Loading Video...

Then we have "Hit" the Assassin. He once said that his Time skip only lasts for about 0.1 seconds. One tenth of a second. What I wanna know is....why is that only enough time for him to throw a few punches? If he had nanosecond (one BILLIONTH of a second) speed like flash or superman then he'd have over 31 years worth of time to do whatever he wants to his opponent....But he doesn't. It doesn't make sense. This is one of the few times the show gave us a number to measure and they didn't even give us a high number to work with to seem impressive for characters that have gone through so much and improved over so long.

And then we have "Dyspo". His appearance is either proof that goku's speed is a retcon by the writer or just plain ignorant writing. Dyspo is said to exceed the speed of light in short bursts. How much faster? We don't know. That's the vague part. So to be fair we will lowball it. Lets put him at at least light speed since that much is confirmed and not vague at all. However here's the part that messes with my head a little. He's one of the few characters in the show to have an actual quote of being this fast (other then the gods of destruction, except Whis travels via his staff) ....and yet not to long after they state he has a weakness. Which is that his movements were to "linear" and so goku was able to predict where he'd be. He didn't have to actually be faster to hit him. Dyspo just sort of ran into the punches. Because apparently the one character in the show who can go faster then light is shown having "linear" movements. Which is basically saying that he can't properly control/react to his own speeds very well. He was faster then goku at least. But he couldn't use his speed casually like a real speedster. Flash can FUNCTION at those kinds of speeds. He doesn't do something stupid like only move that fast in a straight line. So if Goku who is slower then Dyspo who can't even properly utilize that kind of speed....then that mean's Goku can't really be at that level. At least not currently with what is shown.

Loading Video...

For example Buu is shown firing a blast at mr Satan and despite Gohan being in the area he wasn't fast enough to even try to save them (despite for some reason Mr satan still had time to pull out a pistol and fire at the Ki ball as it approached him) Either way I don't really trust the power scaling with how the speed is portrayed. Since everything is guesswork it just makes it hard to tell what is normal and what is inconsistant. And even then we can tell DBS is inconsistant. Remember when Goku swam all around the world in a day? For some stupid reason it took him longer then that to travel snake way. The writer is clearly doing this without consideration for numbers or anything truly measurable. It's just mindless entertainment. The fights even look the same. If you weren't told that they had gotten stronger then you'd never know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
    deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dyspo is MFTL, due to scaling from Beerus and Goku. Just because they said he's surpassed sound and light doesn't mean he's only FTL. He stated himself he can increase his THOUSANDS as in plural an instant. So lowball is a thousand times FTL. High ball several thousands FTL, and anyway Goku caught his punch from across the map mid speed boost in SSG. Meaning SSG Goku is over a thousand times FTL at minimum.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes he is

John_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku ran 1 million km in 24 hrs. If he was lightspeed, he would blitz that distance in less than 4 seconds. Literally.

1000000 ÷ 24 = 41,666 km per hr

Or just shy of Mach 30. This is FACT.

I believe he is fast but only in reactions. Goku has no movement speed that even hints him being above Lightspeed.

John_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1/2 of the diamter of the Universe? Lmao tf is this retard? You do fucking realise that that "map" is not meant for scaling, right? Then we would have star-sized King Kai planets instead ?. Kids these days

Harumi2Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lapriexa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe goku can travel at the speed of light. If we look at the Kid Buu arc, right when he learns Instant Transmission they state "he travels at the speed of light now". Kid Buu at the time was much faster than Goku and they state that Instant Transmission (the speed of light) is faster than normal speed for Kid Buu, that means Goku cannot travel nearly as fast as the speed of light. If he could actually travel at the speed of light without Instant Transmission, Instant Transmission would be useless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.