Follow

Goku

Character » Goku appears in 1424 issues.

The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

Goku can move faster the time.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sun-Wukong

Episode summary added to first post:

Goku seems to have figured out the secret to countering Hit’s Time-Skip technique, by predicting how Hit will move a tenth of a second later. Vegeta is annoyed that Goku talks as if this sort of prediction is easy, while Piccolo wonders why Goku revealed his secret to Hit. Hit has the same idea as Piccolo: now that he knows Goku’s trick, surely he can counter it by moving unpredictably? But Goku says changing how one reacts in the spur of the moment is difficult. Besides, now that Goku’s in his Super Saiyan Blue form, will Hit be able to keep up with his speed? The two start fighting again, and for a while Hit seems to hold his own, but he gets beaten back more and more, without enough leeway to use his Time-Skip technique. Finally, Hit declares that this is his current limit. Goku pauses to allow hit to use his Time-Skip, but Goku counters it once again. Vegeta realizes that Goku studied how Hit moved by watching his own fight against Hit earlier.

Goku asks if Hit wants to surrender, but he refuses. Instead, he lets out a long scream, seeming to power up his ki. Goku is interested to see that Hit screams when powering up, just like he does. However, as the fight recommences, Goku is confused to find that Hit doesn’t seem to have actually gotten any stronger. He goes in for a final blow to settle the match, but this time Hit successfully counters with his Time-Skip, landing a blow that causes Goku to kneel over in pain. Goku figures that Hit’s scream must have triggered a power up after all, but Hit denies this. Instead, as Vados explains, Hit was simply mimicking Goku’s own behavior. Hit says he is unable to power up by transforming as the Saiyans do, so the only way for him to grow stronger is to simply get better. It was not something he had ever thought of before, since there was never any need, but his fight with Goku caused Hit to wonder if he likewise had room to improve. As a result, he’s now increased his Time-Skip skill from one tenth of a second to…two tenths of a second!

With Goku still immobilized, Champa excitedly orders Hit to finish him off, but Hit instead gives Goku enough time to get back up on his feet. He explains that this in gratitude for Goku having helped him improve…However, he won’t do Goku any more favors. Hit shows off a new martial arts pose which he says should draw out his new potential to the fullest. Meanwhile, Goku thinks about how powerful Hit’s new-and-improved attack was. He can probably withstand only a few more such attacks…But thankfully, that should be more than enough to allow him to adjust to Hit’s new 0.2 second Time-Skip. On the sidelines, Vegeta complains that growing stronger mid-fight is supposed to be the Saiyans’ specialty. How can there be someone else who improves faster than them? Hit tells Goku that he’s made a mistake: while Goku is focused on learning how to counter Hit’s 0.2 second Time-Skip, Hit is even now continuing to improve. He says Goku cannot possibly surpass his Time-Skip…now that it’s 0.5 seconds.

Goku goes down once again from Hit’s latest assault, and Hit asks the referee what to do: it’s against the rules for him to kill Goku, but Goku can now no longer surrender (he earlier said the same thing after defeating Vegeta). But Goku isn’t down for the count yet, and manages to get back up on his feet. Hit asks if he’s that intent on winning, but Goku says that it would be “rude” of him to let the match end like this, because he’s still got a technique he hasn’t used yet. The reason he didn’t use this technique until now is because it’s still a work in progress, and he wanted to refine it over time in order to eventually use it against Beerus. Being incomplete, the technique has less than a 10% chance of success…and if it fails, it will totally wreck his body.

As Goku starts to power up, Champa once again orders Hit to finish Goku off immediately, so as to not give him the chance to use this new technique. However, Hit refuses as before, saying that if Goku gets stronger, then he will simply grow stronger too. He wants to see how long the two of them can keep this endless escalation going. At last, Goku announces that his new technique has worked: it’s the Kaio-Ken! He has now added the Kaio-Ken to the power of Super Saiyan Blue. If he had made even a tiny mistake, then his power would have gone out of control and killed him, but thankfully he seems to have managed to perfectly control it. Goku explains that the Kaio-Ken is a technique which Kaio taught to him long ago: it multiplies one’s power, speed, and various other fighting abilities.

Seeing this, Beerus wonders if Goku was really going to use this technique against him. Whis teases Beerus, asking is he finds that idea a bit scary, but he flatly denies this. Instead, he’s simply annoyed that Goku didn’t use such a handy technique earlier. But Vegeta realizes why: the Kaio-Ken increases one’s strength but in exchange uses up all of one’s stamina. Since the Super Saiyan form is hard on the body all on its own, this makes using the two of them together virtually suicidal, which is why Goku abandoned the Kaio-Ken for a long time. But Super Saiyan Blue is a strong and “calm” form with perfect ki control, so using it and the Kaio-Ken together is feasible. After thinking all this, Vegeta is annoyed at Goku having surpassed him once again.

Meanwhile, Goku continues to power up, to Hit’s amazement: x3…x4…x10! Goku begins battling Hit with Kaio-Ken x10. At this point, Hit’s Time-Skip can’t keep up with Goku’s speed at all. Goku thinks that even with Super Saiyan Blue, he won’t be able to maintain the Kaio-Ken for very long, so he decides to settle the fight at once with a Kamehameha!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/view...3786&start=100

Oh man. Just way to much

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
    deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait so can Hit become stronger the longer he fights like broly

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By micah007123

Hitto DURING Time Stop, DURING couldn't keep up. Goku is supposed to be immobilized during stopped time but he wasn't. So yeah I wouldn't say faster than time more like resistance or possible immunity to Time Manipulation (Time Stop).

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By poeticwarrior

@micah007123 said:

Hitto DURING Time Stop, DURING couldn't keep up. Goku is supposed to be immobilized during stopped time but he wasn't. So yeah I wouldn't say faster than time more like resistance or possible immunity to Time Manipulation (Time Stop).

He clearly said he predicted what Hit would do in 0.1 seconds, don't hyperbole Goku's ability please. There are a bunch of characters that can see like 2 seconds into the future or predict what opponents would do in the future, even in Marvel and DC comics.

Avatar image for watcher_killer4
    Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah007123 said:

He clearly said he predicted what Hit would do in 0.1 seconds, don't hyperbole Goku's ability please. There are a bunch of characters that can see like 2 seconds into the future or predict what opponents would do in the future, even in Marvel and DC comics.

Please watch the actual episode 39 before you comment please... When Hit froze time Goku was still moving forward toward him.

Also your logic doensnt make sense... even if Goku predicted the move he would still be frozen in time.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sun-Wukong
    @poeticwarrior said:
    @micah007123 said:

@micah007123 said:

Goku never had resistance nor predict. He moved within the time skip after he powered up. Hit is not time stopping everything like Guldo, he time stops himself and time skips, meaning he is ignoring speed. But Goku used speed and moved within Hit time stop. Meaning he is moving faster then time.

This is time skip not time stop. Overall Goku used sheer speed to counter someone time skipping

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol dude just say it... Goku broke the time barrier. He moved out of sheer force and will power... that isn't an immunity.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998 said:

Wait so can Hit become stronger the longer he fights like broly

Broly power increases naturally but he does have a limit and needs to expel energy. As Broly said in the sub " My ki is rising, it's overflowing" so he has a which is his current level, so while he does get stronger, he needs to make sure he doesn't go beyond his limit. Just remember the legendary super saiyan died because of his own power thousands of years ago

But for Hit then we don't know if his power increases naturally or has a limit

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Thanks bud

I watched the episode

But it wasn't subbed

So, i didn't understood a single thing

The helped me to clear things up

Appreciate

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah007123 said:

Lol dude just say it... Goku broke the time barrier.

I'm scared knowing this crowd XD

He moved out of sheer force and will power... that isn't an immunity.

It would classify as resistance since Hitto's powers had no effect on stopping him. The reason I say immunity is because a Time Stop is a Time Stop so while the length is short he's still moving in stopped time.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher_killer4 said:
    @micah007123 said:

It would classify as resistance since Hitto's powers had no effect on stopping him. The reason I say immunity is because a Time Stop is a Time Stop so while the length is short he's still moving in stopped time.

Basically break out of the barrier that causes time stopping not the time stopping ability itself?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say that because remember in the dbzverse the more powerful characters and is immune to the hax of the weaker character and hits time skip or time stop has a limit.goku was frozen for a short period of time then after in wore off goku was able to attack hit first because of his superior speed.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sun-Wukong

Guys Goku didn't have resistance and broke into Hit time barrier. He broke into it through sheer speed alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sun-wukong: imagine if there's no limit to how strong hit can become then how the hell will goku beat him

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998 said:

I wouldn't say that because remember in the dbzverse the more powerful characters and is immune to the hax of the weaker character and hits time skip or time stop has a limit.goku was frozen for a short period of time then after in wore off goku was able to attack hit first because of his superior speed.

Makes no sense. While it is true that DBZ character build hax resistance by getting more power. Goku wasn't effected by time or Hit ability since he only effects himself by time skipping in a certain period of time, but Goku countered the time skip by outspeeding Hit within his own time skip.

Goku had no time resistance here, he just moved faster then hit when he was moving in his time skip with speed alone

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Watcher_Killer4

@micah007123:

in all honesty saying Goku has resistance to time stop is more speculation than saying he accomplished this with just sheer speed. Epecially when hit said..."he couldn't keep up with Goku even with time stop" that basically tells us it was Goku's speed alone.

remember all the time in the universe was stopped... Goku's speed allowed him to keep moving.

If you don't agree we'll have to agree to disagree.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah007123:

in all honesty saying Goku has resistance to time stop is more speculation than saying he accomplished this with just sheer speed. Epecially when hit said..."he couldn't keep up with Goku even with time stop" that basically tells us it was Goku's speed alone.

remember all the time in the universe was stopped... Goku's speed allowed him to keep moving.

I don't see how that wouldn't be resistance. His speed allowed him to not be affected by Time Stop.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998 said:

Please watch the episode before commenting... Goku was moving while the time stop was still in effect... and I'm not speculating this the background clearly showed us that time was still stopped.

@micah007123 said:
    @watcher_killer4 said:
    @micah007123 said:

Basically break out of the barrier that causes time stopping not the time stopping ability itself?

No dude... everything in the universe is time stopped... it isn't a limited barrier... time is stopped in all of the universe... and goku clearly moved when it was still stopped.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher_killer4 said:

@micah007123:

I don't see how that wouldn't be resistance. His speed allowed him to not be affected by Time Stop.

Oh... then I guess we are seeing eye to eye... but that would be the same as breaking the time barrier just in different wording lol.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toriyama just pulls stuffs out of his ass, huh? Faster than time itself. It would make him faster than Flash who was like a statue compared to Zoom, and Zoom was just slow time as slow as possible, not stopping it completely.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By agent9149

Faster than time is a meaningless statement.

Unless the actually source material says he moved faster than time, you just can't make up stuff like that.

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark my words there will be those who claim he still isn't FTL.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By agent9149

And is it timestop or timeskip.

If it's timestop, and he can still move after a time stop, that just means he's immune to time stop.

If it's timeskip, it just means that he moved fast enough so that the timeskipper can't react.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By micah007123

@agent9149: It's Time Stop. It was translated on Kanzenshuu and from Herms as a Time Stop. And simplified by Jaco to be a Time Stop.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah007123: Okay. Then.

There are then two logical explanations.

Either Goku has learned to be immune to time stopping or

Goku was too fast for Hit to react to after time restarted again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the episode and goku movie while hit stopped time does not mean goku is faster than time it's self if he was faster than time itself then we wouldn't even be able to see his movements and neither would the spectators. And that just goes to show that hits time stop isn't that powerful and goku was able to overcome it because he's stronger and as I said before hax is useless against a more powerful characters in the dbzverse

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever it is Goku was clearly moving during time manipulation. Just add a another hax in his arsenal

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By micah007123

@mike_fowler: That was only for the description of the name unless they changed something. He posted a Twitter message clearing this up earlier.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah007123: not sure, what do you think of this

Context: Goku & friends still can't figure out what Hit is doing.

12:57 | Jaco: "He's vanishing mid-attack. Completely."

13:22 | Galactic King: "He might be time-skipping. I've only heard rumors about it myself, but supposedly some people can cause a slight skip in time. I believe it was roughly a 0.1 second skip. Simply put, he can freeze time for everything but himself for 0.1 seconds."

13:51 | Goku: "Freeze things for 0.1 seconds?"

13:54 | Jaco: "It may just be 0.1 seconds, but for someone as quick as him,"

13:59 | Jaco: "that's more than enough time to gain an advantage."

Significance: Explains Hit's time-skipping technique.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah007123: not sure, what do you think of this

Context: Goku & friends still can't figure out what Hit is doing.

12:57 | Jaco: "He's vanishing mid-attack. Completely."

13:22 | Galactic King: "He might be time-skipping. I've only heard rumors about it myself, but supposedly some people can cause a slight skip in time. I believe it was roughly a 0.1 second skip. Simply put, he can freeze time for everything but himself for 0.1 seconds."

13:51 | Goku: "Freeze things for 0.1 seconds?"

13:54 | Jaco: "It may just be 0.1 seconds, but for someone as quick as him,"

13:59 | Jaco: "that's more than enough time to gain an advantage."

Significance: Explains Hit's time-skipping technique.

It would be .1 seconds in his perspective.... time is stopped completely... that is the technique.

also it is now .5 seconds.

He can also land more than just one hit in that time frame... in one sequence he landed a barrage of attacks on Goku while time was still frozen.

And Goku moved and met hit half way while time was frozen

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah007123: Okay. Then.

There are then two logical explanations.

Either Goku has learned to be immune to time stopping or

Goku was too fast for Hit to react to after time restarted again.

Or Goku moved so fast he broke the time barrier and was in the same situation as Hit. Like it's shown

Goku doesn't have time resistance. And him and Hit was in Hit time skipping.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And is it timestop or timeskip.

If it's timestop, and he can still move after a time stop, that just means he's immune to time stop.

If it's timeskip, it just means that he moved fast enough so that the timeskipper can't react.

That makes him faster then speed or time if he broke time barrier

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JohnCena69swag

Or maybe Hit's ability isn't perfect. Maybe he just brings time really really close to a standstill, but when Goku uses kaioken he is fast to enough to make use of that slowed time. Everyone is so quick to say "goku is faster than time itself" but take a second and think about what you're saying first. Even for Dragon Ball that is a little ridiculous.

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit's ability just doesn't make sense and no one here really knows how it works, therefore saying Goku is moving faster than time is kinda absurd

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By flashback0180

@le0nhart: what part of "god ki" made any sense ? When Goku first became a ssjg to fight berus , during the poweup literally seasons changed in the sky.

Its just a hax that allows you to move during time freeze

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the logic behind Hit's ability anymore, this is probably another powerlevel ex machina like when Vegito could fight back as a chocolate candy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
    deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really isn't as impressive as people here are making it out to be. Zatanna has more impressive time-related feats than this. With that said, the speed of time is relative to the cycle it's repeating (i.e., speed is a change in time during an interval in space). This is why in General Relativity time passes slower for objects in gravitation fields. To put this into application, going 99.5% the speed of light for five years would result 50 years passing on Earth. 0.5 seconds of time skipping (if you can even call it this due to the dubious nature of the feat) really isn't much of anything.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By le0nhart

@flashback0180:

Its just a hax that allows you to move during time freeze

Goku wasn't moving during the "time freeze", at least not until he used the Kioken, but before that Goku stated that he was countering Hit's time skip by predicting what will happen after 0.1 seconds, but Hit's attacks should be done in 0 seconds if time was really frozen, if you don't have an answer for that then you also don't know how Hit's ability works

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncena69swag:

The ability is that time stops and that's it... That was mostly speculation on your part.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart:

I agree that part doesn't make sense that Goku predicted it unless he used Whis instant movement technique.

But the ability is that hit freezes time... People are really overcomplicating this.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998:

The spectators couldn't see him... When Goku demonstrated his speed it even hit could see him.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley:

Hit didn't slow tume down... He completely froze all the time in the universe to a standstill

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes no sense and is complete bullshit but my guy Goku can out speed time itself

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes no sense and is complete bullshit but my guy Goku can out speed time itself

No Caption Provided

Barodas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lejon said:
    @royal_warrior said:

No Caption Provided

Definitely.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Where is this time immunity stuff coming from? Kaio Ken makes Goku faster and stronger. That's it. So Goku is just outspeeding frozen time somehow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.