The son of Bardock, a low-class Saiyan warrior; and Gi-ne, Kakarot was born on Planet Vegeta in or around Age 737. Sensing the impeding danger to the Saiyan race from Frieza, Kakarot's parents secretly sent him off planet to Earth when he was only three years old.
On Earth he was taken in by the elderly Son Gohan, who named him Son Goku. Initially a difficult and violent child, Goku suffered head trauma in an accident and became more friendly and amenable after recovering. Gohan instructed him in martial arts, and became aware of the transformations that Goku underwent when he was exposed to the full moon. He instructed the boy never to look at the moon, but Goku disobeyed and transformed into a Great Ape. While in this transformed state, he accidentally murdered Gohan. After the death of his adoptive grandfather, Goku essentially raised himself alone in the mountains.
Goku was created by Akira Toriyama . He is loosely based on the character Sun Wukong from Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en.
Major Story Arcs
Now eleven or twelve, Goku encounters a new person for the first time in his life, a woman named Bulma. He joins her on her quest for the seven Dragon Balls, and the pair go through a number of adventures, gathering new companions and acquaintances as they go, including Master Roshi, who instructs him further in martial arts and teaches him many of his important moves. They manage to gather six of the seven Dragon Balls, but lose them when they are taken captive. Goku helps his friends escape captivity by becoming a Great Ape, which leads to speculation on whether or not he is human. Goku decides to leave his friends for a time and returns to Master Roshi for training. During this time he meets Krillin, another student with whom he becomes friends. Goku participates in the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament, and performs well, though he loses in the final round after transforming into a Great Ape and back, depleting his energy. After the tournament, Goku goes to see the world, having many adventures as he searches for the Dragon Ball that had been left to him by his grandfather. During this quest he has continual conflicts with the mysterious Red Ribbon Army and various agents sent by them to kill him. Goku eventually defeats the army single-handedly, and acquires six Dragon Balls. He attempts to uncover the final Dragon Ball's location with the help of a fortuneteller named Baba, who tells him its location after he and his friends battle five of her warriors. He acquires the Ball after a fight with the current possessor, and uses the Balls to summon the dragon Shenron, using his wish to bring a friend back to life. He continues to train, and eventually participates in the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament. He loses in the finals to Tien Shinhan.
King Piccolo Saga
Goku's friend Krillin is murdered by one of King Piccolo's sons, Tambourine. Attempting to avenge his friend, he is defeated by Tambourine, because he was still weak from his fight with Tien, but a fully recovered goku kills him easily in a later confrontation. He is then confronted by King Piccolo himself, who almost kills Goku, After recovering from his defeat, he seeks out the Ultra Divine Water, which could unlock his powers or kill him. Surviving the Water, he travels to the castle of King Furry, where he kills another of Piccolo's sons and challenges the King himself to a fight. The pair have a drawn-out and bitter fight that leaves both horribly wounded. Ultimately, Goku manages to kill Piccolo by punching through his chest. With his dying breath Piccolo spits out an egg that contains his reincarnation, Piccolo Jr. Unaware of this, Goku begins to search for a possible way to revive the dragon Shenron. This leads him to the Guardian of Earth, Kami, and ultimately to the resurrection of all the friends who had been killed by Piccolo. Goku then begins training with Kami and Mr Popo in order to prepare for the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament. Despite suffering extreme injuries, Goku defeats Piccolo in the final round, becoming the winner of the tournament. Goku and Chi-chi, a young woman he had met while travelling, get married.
Now living with his wife and young son, Gohan, Goku's life is interrupted by the arrival of Raditz, his long-lost brother. Raditz informs him of his Saiyan heritage, as well as telling him that he was meant to take over the Earth. Refusing to carry out this mission, Goku is attacked by Raditz, who kidnaps Gohan and instructs him to kill a hundred humans or have his son murdered. Goku joins forces with Piccolo, and together with the help of Gohan they defeat Raditz, though Goku also dies. Traveling through the Other World, Goku begins training for the imminent arrival of more Saiyans. His friends wish him back to life, but it takes him sometime to arrive, and by the time he does many of his friends have been killed by the Saiyans, Vegeta and Nappa. Goku easily defeats Nappa, and manages to defeat Vegeta after a protracted battle. He chooses to spare the injured Vegeta's life after the battle.
Severely injured, Goku spends some time in hospital before being completely healed by a Senzu Bean. Goku then travels to the planet Namek where his friends are searching for the Namekian Dragon Balls. There, he engages in battles with members of the Ginyu Force, the elite fighters of the villainous Frieza. He manages to defeat many of them, but is seriously wounded after a quarrel with their leader due to a special attack which enabled the user to exchange bodies with victims. He retreats to be healed, and in the meantime Frieza arrives and attacks Goku's friends. He returns to find the battle turning against his friends. Enraged by the death of Krillin, Goku transforms into his Super Saiyan form, which turns the tide of the battle in his favor. Ultimately, he defeats Frieza. He leaves the planet in a Ginyu Force ship, which takes him to the planet Yardrat. His friends back on Earth believe him to be dead, but later learn he is alive when they attempt to resurrect him. He declines to return to Earth and remains on Yardrat for some time more, learning the skill of Instant Transmission while there.
Returning to Earth after two years, Goku encounters Trunks, the son of Bulma and Vegeta from the future. The boy warns him about future events, and provides him with a cure for a virus he will contract in the near future. He and his friends spend three years training for the arrival of two androids, Android 19 and Android 20. When they arrive Goku is unable to fight at full strength due to the sudden onset of the virus he was warned of. He is taken from the battlefield to be cured of the virus. He is hunted by the artificial beings android 18 , 17 and the newly awakened 16 of whom were created to destroy Goku. At this time a new villain rises, named Cell . Cell absorbs both 17 and 18. At this time Goku's heart virus is also cured. Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and Trunks travel to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to undergo intense training; there, Gohan is revealed to be potentially more powerful than Goku. They emerge from the chamber and Goku begins preparing to battle Cell, as well as getting a new Guardian of Earth, Dende, to create new Dragon Balls so that he can set right what Cell has put wrong. At the Cell Games, Goku battles Cell at full strength, but finds himself unable to defeat his opponent. He cedes the match, trusting Gohan to defeat Cell. Gohan does so, and Cell attempts to self-destruct and destroy the planet as revenge. Goku steps in and uses Instant Transmission to transport both of them to King Kai's planet , resulting in both his and Cell's deaths as well as King Kai's. Cell manages to resurrect himself, and Goku, trapped in the Other World, encourages Gohan to fight him. After Cell is finally completely destroyed, Goku insists he be allowed to remain dead, since he believes that all the troubles on Earth were caused due to him .
Majin Buu Saga
He returns to Earth for a brief period seven years later to participate in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. There, he meets his youngest son, Goten, and becomes embroiled in defeating the evil wizard Babidi, who orchestrates the theft of Gohan's Super Saiyan energy. They attack Babidi's ship, and Babidi possesses Vegeta, then sets Vegeta and Goku to fighting one another. The pair fight for some time before Goku attempts to halt the fight so that they can team up to defeat Babidi's monster, Majin Buu. He is knocked unconscious by Vegeta, who then abandons him. He seeks healing from Dende and teleports all his friends to himself, teaching Trunks and Goten how to perform the Fusion Dance, which will combine them into a far more powerful being. Goku then fights Majin Buu, using his powerful Super Saiyan 3 form. He easily holds his own against the monster, but does not defeat it. The strain of maintaining the form forces him to return to the Other World. There, he observes the fight between Majin Buu and the newly-created Gotenks via a crystal globe. Gotenks performs well, but is ultimately unable to defeat the monster and is absorbed into it, as is Gohan. Goku is returned to Earth by the sacrifice of a friend. He and Vegeta fuse to become Vegito, easily defeating the monster. Vegito allows itself to be absorbed into the monster to rescue its friends and family. After a brief battle, it succeeds and Vegeta and Goku return to their normal bodies. Majin Buu is forced to transform back into its original form, Kid Buu. Kid Buu destroys the planet, briefly killing most inhabitants, though they are soon restored. Goku fights Kid Buu, and gathers energy from most sentient beings around him (using the Genki Dama Technique) to destroy Kid Buu.
Senzu Bean: Senzu Beans are grown in Korin Tower. When eaten you are healed of all injury's and can keep a person full for up to 10 days. However if you eat to many it can be dangerous. The effects are immediate. Yajirobe has said that Senzu Beans taste like fish. Senzu Beans can heal fatal wounds such as Yamcha's impaled torso.
Training Gi: Goku trains with weighted clothes sometimes, and fights wearing a Training Gi. Many of Goku's training suits are normaly Martial Arts Gi that are orange (sometimes Battle Suits like Vegeta's suits). All these clothes are incredibly durable and light (except for the weighted clothes).
Flying Nimbus: Goku has a flying cloud named Nimbus that only the pure of heart can ride it was given to him by Master Roshi when Goku was a little kid.
Power Pole: Goku has a magic pole that can expand to any length and it can retract Goku uses this a lot through out the Dragon Ball series.
Powers and Abilities
As a Saiyan, Goku possesses all the powers inherent to his race. He is super-humanly strong and durable, and possesses enhanced speed and reflexes. He can undergo Saiyan transformations that multiply his power greatly, the first by 50, second by 100, and the third transformation Goku's power is increased by 4x Super Saiyan 2 giving him a multiplier of 400 and the anime only transformation Super Saiyan 4 multiples his power by an unknown amount, but it is greater than Super Saiyan 3's multipier. Goku has been known to take every possible advanced Saiyan form unlike Vegeta and Gohan who only reached Super Saiyan 2. However, it is speculated that since Gotenks reached Super Saiyan 3, Goten and Trunks both acquired the form, but for now they cannot handle the strain of the form, being very young.
Goku can generate energy blasts from an inner energy called ki, notably in the form of the Kamehameha Wave. He can teleport anywhere he wants instantly via Instant Transmission. He is capable of unaided flight, and was capable of aided flight through the use of a small flying cloud called the Flying Nimbus only those with pure hearts can ride the cloud. He is capable of transforming into a Great Ape when he is looking at the moon and possesses his tail. However Goku lost his tail in Dragon Ball. Every time Goku revives from a serious injury or intense battle, he gets more powerful. Goku is incredibly powerful.
Goku can endure taking a planet destroying Ki blast as seen when he was battling Frieza. In DragonBall Z, we also see Trunks take a Supernova attack from Mecha Freiza as a Super Saiyan, lifting it with one hand and throwing it away, so we can assume Goku is just as capable, since he is more powerful than Trunks.
Goku is displayed as being able to lift/carry at least 160 tons without transforming, although the limit may be higher. Goku has also been seen training with 10 tons on each arm and leg, while kicking and punching at super-speed, while in his Super Saiyan form. Since he was in "afterworld" training with King Kai at the time, he was also under 10x earth gravity, making the effective training weights equal 100 tons on each arm and leg, 400 tons in total. Without using his chi-boosting ability, Goku can lift/press more than 200 tons with minimal effort. In his SuperSayin 1 form, he is at least capable of lifting/pressing at least 10,000 tons. At the end of Dragon Ball GT, Goku achieves the final Super Saiyan form the Super Saiyan 4 and can lift over 1,600,000 tons ,and the upper limits of his strength capacity are unknown.
Goku apart from being able to manipulate ki to create destructive ki blasts also can create ki energy based constructs. Goku is shown creating significant energy based construct while he was fighting Beerus in Dragon ball Super. Goku and Beerus later in that fight absorbed the ki from their construct and continued to clash.
That is right, Goku can also read minds. He is first seen using this ability when reading Krillin's mind in Namek.
Self-healing - After being critically wounded by Beerus, God Goku manages to heal himself while sinking underwater. It is not known whether Goku can use this ability consciously.
- Afterimage Technique - A typical distraction technique where through a short burst of speed Goku is able to leave an afterimage of his body behind. This often causes the opponent to attack leaving them open for an attack normally from behind or above. Goku as a child in the 21st World Martial Arts tournament could leave 3 images behind, but by the time of the cell games Goku can leave an innumerable number of afterimages behind.
- Continuous Kamehameha - Goku's version of the Continuous Energy Volley where Goku fires many small blasts of energy in rapid succession in order to cause great damage. The technique has the downside of leaving a large smokescreen from the explosions so if the attack fails it often gives the enemy a sneak attack.
- Ki Sense - Goku can sense other people's Ki. He can also tell how some one is based off there power. Goku has been shown to follow entire battles (who is winning or losing) just sensing the Ki of everyone fighting. And can tell who someone is by there Ki. Goku's Ki sense is stronger than others thanks to his Instant Transmission.
- Crazy Fist - A technique Goku came up with on the fly to counter Jackie Chun's Drunken Fist technique. Goku hops around like a monkey giving him an air of unpredictability and uses his tail more (this was used in the Dragonball seasons when he was still a boy).
- Destructo Disk - A technique taken from Krillin where Goku forms a flat energy disk that can cut through most objects and enemies. Due to the lethal nature of the attack Goku only uses it when absolutely necessary, like cutting off Gohan's tail when he transformed.
- Dragon Fist - One of Goku's ultimate techniques and the only one he created himself. Goku charges his fist with a golden ki dragon that resembles Shenron and punches the opponent resulting in the dragon either devouring or impaling the opponent. This move is easily Goku's most powerful move besides the spirit bomb as he was able to blast a hole in Omega Shenron's chest who was more powerful than a Super Saiyan 4 Goku.
- Dragonthrow - Goku's trademark grapple where he grabs a leg, tail, tentacle, or other extremity and spins them around multiple times incredibly fast and hammer throws them typically into a mountain.
- Evil Containment Wave - A move designed by Master Mutaito to seal Demon King Piccolo away, the move is very taxing on the body and can lead to death if the user is not strong enough. Goku learns the technique from Master Roshi to deal with the immortal God Zamasu.
- Flight - Goku is able to manipulate his ki to self propel himself for flight. Goku can either levitate lightly or full on fly at high speed. Saiyan's also have a natural ability to fly. When returning from training with King Kai during the 2nd season of "Dragonball Z," Goku was able to travel 1 Million miles (the distance of Snake Way) in one day by both leaping and flying. This puts his aerial speed at roughly 54x the speed of sound (approx 41,580 mph).
- Fusion Dance - Goku learned the technique from its creators the Metamorans while in the Other World. Goku can perform the dance with Vegeta in order to merge their bodies to form Gogeta. In this form they are incredibly powerful. The techniques downside is that it only lasts for half an hour.
- God Kamehameha - Is Super Saiyan Blue Goku's version of the Kamehameha
- x10 God Kamehameha - Is Super Saiyan Blue Goku's God Kamehameha multiplied by 10x while using Kaioken as a power booster.
- Hasshu-Ken - A technique copied and improved from King Chappa where Goku moves his arms so fast it appears he has eight arms for combat. This was used to counter Tien's Four Witches technique.
- Homing Energy Wave - Goku can fire an energy wave that tracks and homes in on his opponent by locking onto their energy signature.
- Instant Transmission - A technique that Goku learned from the Yardrats after his battle with Frieza. Goku typically places two fingers on his forehead and senses a ki signature and the instantly teleports to that location. The technique requires concentration so Goku can be interrupted or stopped by pressing the attack but Goku has overcome this and can use it in battles. Goku is the only one who can perform this technique. Goku can use the technique in fights such as when he fought cell.
- Instant Transmission Kamehameha - Goku powers up a kamehameha then he uses the IT technique to teleport near the surprised opponent and blast them.
- Janken Fist - Goku's original signature technique that was taught to him by his Grandpa Gohan. Gokku calls out the name of the attack and delivers either a punch (rock), slap (paper), or eye poke (scissors).
- Kiai - An invisble energy wave that is often used to defeat and demoralize weaker opponents or cancel out attacks without using too much energy. Goku used this to defeat Chi-Chi and to cancel out Nappa's Break Cannon.
- Kaio-ken (Pronounced"KAI-o-ken") - One of Goku's signature techniques that was taught to him by King Kai. King Kai has said that Goku is the sole student to master the attack and that even he could not do it. The technique multiples Goku's ki power by 2X or more depending on how much Goku's body can take. Goku by the time of his battle with Frieza could multiple his ki by 20 times. The technique strains Goku's body so he must use it sparingly. This technique was superseded by the Super Saiyan transformation which put out more power, but put less strain on his body. Goku can combine this with his Super Saiyan transformation to make the Super Kaio-ken.
- Kaioken Finish - Is a technique used by Goku of which he kicks his opponent up and appears behind them and hammers them. He then activates Kaioken and double uppercuts the falling opponent. Goku used this move on Nappa and Burter.
- Kaioken Attack - Goku attacks his opponent with some moves before nailing the opponent with a powerful kick to the face.
- Kamehameha - Goku's most used technique and the staple move of the Turtle School invented by Master Roshi. Goku copied this move after watching Roshi perform it once Master Roshi said it took him 50 years to master it. Goku continued to use it for the rest of his life. The Kamehameha is a blue energy wave fired from cupped hands after pronouncing the name of the attack. Goku can perform many variations of the move like shooting it one handed, firing it from his feet, bending the kamehameha, and others. This is one of Goku most powerful attacks.
- Kaioken Kamehameha x20 - Goku powers a kamehameha and activates Kaioken x20 and fires it at his opponent, causing great damage due to the Kamehameha's power being multiplied by 20
- Mimicry - Goku has a knack for for mimicking ki attacks after he has seen them performed. Goku learns the Kamehameha from Master Roshi, Destructo Disk from Krillin, Hasshu-Ken, and Solar Flare from Tien this way. Goku copied the Kamehamaha after seeing Master Roshi use it once it took Roshi 50 years to learn it.
- Meteor Combination - Goku rushes at his opponent with fast punches and kicks before punching the opponent hard on the stomach. Goku then jumps high and fires a kamehameha at the opponent. He used this move on Piccolo during the World Tournament.
- Solar Flare - A technique copied from Tien Shinhan where Goku places his hands around his face and releases a blinding flash of light used to blind opponents for either a quick getaway or as an opening for an attack. He has used this on many opponents like Vegeta.
- Spirit Bomb - Goku's most powerful move outright where Goku gathers energy from the area around him to form a positive energy ball that is highly effective against beings of evil. Goku can expand his horizon and take energy from surrounding planets even taking a galaxy wide drain to defeat Kid Buu and a universe drain for Omega Shenron. The technique takes a very long time to complete so Goku typically needs someone like Piccolo or Vegeta to run interference.
- Super Kaio-ken - A last resort move where Goku uses the Kaio-Ken along with the Super Saiyan transformation for a very powerful combination. This move is very taxing on Goku's body as one punch was enough to cause Goku to run out of breath. Goku used this technique once against Pikkon during the Other World Tournament. This was in a Dragon Ball Z filler episode so it's not canon.
- Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken - Is a technique in which Goku uses Kaioken in his Super Saiyan Blue form to gain more power. His aura gains an additional red aura so he has red and blue aura.
- X10 Super Saiyan Blue Kaikoken - Is the fully powered version of the Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken where Goku multiplies his power by 10. His appearance slightly changes as his hair becomes almost white, his skin becomes reddish and his aura becomes more dense and brownish but with the blue-red aura.
- Super Kamehameha - Is a more powerful version of the kamehameha. Goku puts greater energy into the kamehameha and charges it more before sending the blast towards his opponent
- 10x Kamehameha - This is a move used by Goku in his Super Saiyan 4 form. This move is greater than the Super Kamehameha because it multiplies the power by 10 and causes massive damage. It is red in color.
- Telekinesis - Goku is able to use ki to move objects with his mind, he demonstrated this by manipulating a glass of water until Chi-Chi interrupted him. Goku also lifted a pyrimid with telekinesis.
- Telepathy - Goku is able to read minds by placing his palm on the head of the intended target like when he did this to Krillin. Goku can also broadcast his thoughts to others.
- Tornado - A move Goku came up with during his battle with Nam in the Semi-Finals of the World Martial Arts tournament. Goku spins around rapidly and moves around the ring hitting his opponent though the move will make him very dizzy.
- Twin Kamehameha - A variation of the Kamehameha where Goku charges twin energy spheres that he can launch one at a time. The first time Goku used this was to test if Frieza only used his eyes instead of sensing energy.
Goku can perform an imperfect version of the Hakai technique, as shown in the Dragon Ball Super manga. Because Goku learned only by seeing Beerus use it, he can not perform the ability like a true god can, it is required from him to put all of his divine Ki into his and release it at once, this technique requires a lot more time to complete at the hands of Goku.
Goku can also use the punching technique made famous by Bruce Lee, he uses this when combating Golden Frieza.
Great Ape: Since Goku is a saiyan, he can transform into a great ape if he looks at the full moon but he will need a tail in order to transform. In this form, he becomes a giant ape with brown
In this form, Goku becomes a gigantic ape with brown fur and red eyes. He used this form as a child and ended up killing his grandfather.
False Super Saiyan: Is a form used by Goku during his fight with Lord Slug. In this form, his hairstyle is similar that of the Super Saiyan hairstyle except that his hair is not golden and still black. His eyes turn white and his muscles become large. He also gains a yellowish aura around him. He gains a big increase in power but only for a very short time. He used this form against Slug after Goku became furious.
Super Saiyan: Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation. Goku achieved this form on Planet Namek during his final battle against the galactic tyrant, Frieza. Frieza killed Goku's best friend, Krillin, causing Goku to fall into a fit of rage and gain the legendary degree of power Frieza has so greatly feared. While in this form, Goku's eyes are colored green, hair stands on end and becomes golden in color. He also possesses a golden flame-like aura and gains an increase in muscle size. There is sometimes gold electricity sparking off him (mostly in Video games).
In this form, Goku's stats are increased 50x than his base form , allowing Goku to overpower and eventually defeat Frieza. However,his personality is affected while in this form as his good-hearted personality is now replaced with ruthlessness, anger, and rage. It is succeeded by many other Super Saiyan transformations.
Full Powered Super Saiyan: Once mastered Goku is no longer ruthless and remains in control over his actions. Once mastered the form can be used forever Goku has stayed as a Super Saiyan even when he was asleep. This is called a Full Power Super Saiyan. Goku can maintain this form auralessly and use it as well as his base form. Goku was evenly matched with Cell as a Full Power Super Saiyan until he forfeited the fight and Gohan took his place. Vegeta has stated that Goku won't need to power up in fights he can put all the energy it takes to transform into stamina and then only go higher if he needs to. Goku has other form's such as ascended Saiyan and ultra Saiyan or second grade and third grade. But Goku uses the Full Power Super Saiyan instead of Ascended Saiyan because Goku as a Full Power Super Saiyan is stronger than Ascended Saiyan as shown when Vegeta as an Ascended Super Saiyan could not keep up with Cell Goku was equal. Goku can also control how much energy he uses. Goku as a Full Powered Super Saiyan at half power is strong enough to blow up Korin tower and kami's lookout just from emiting energy as shown when he powered up for Korin when asking if he could beat Cell. The only down side is that Goku has trouble controlling his own power.
Goku Full Powered Super Saiyan is stronger than his regular Super Saiyan because as a regular Super Saiyan Goku lost a lot of energy. This caused Goku to not fight at his full potential due to the amount of energy he was would lose. As Full Powered Super Saiyan Goku controls how much Ki he uses.
When Goku achieved Ultra Saiyan he was as powerful as Cell but was to slow to hit him do to muscle mass increase so Goku never used the form again. Goku also fought the God Of Destruction as a Super Saiyan God then he kept the power of a god and turned back into a regular Super Saiyan (Goku's body learned from the experience making him stronger) while like this he is stronger than Super Saiyan 3. This is seen with Super Saiyan 3 Goku was taken out with 2 hits by Beerus but after absorbing the Godly power Goku held his own fighting as a Super Saiyan 1.
Super Saiyan 2: Goku's second Super Saiyain transformation. Much like the previous transformation, Goku's hair stand and is colored gold. However the hair style in more rigid. His aura takes on more fierce flame-like appearance along with crackling blue energy sparks the lightning is seen more when the user powers up.
Goku achieved this form in otherworld where he could put unlimited energy into his transformations, it was first seen in his fight against the monster, Yakon. He used it to over load the monster. In this form, Goku's power is increased 2x times the power given by Super Saiyan, multiplying his energy 100 fold, allowing him to hold his own against Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta. While Goku is not as aggressive in this form as he is in Super Saiyan 1, his power drains more quickly. But Goku has trained to minimize the drain and use the form better. This form has no specific time limit and Goku has not been seen to run out of energy while using this form unlike his Super Saiyan 3 form. Goku just has not mastered Super Saiyan 2 like he mastered Super Saiyan 1. But Goku may have mastered this form because he has unlocked Super Saiyan 3. Goku as a Super Saiyan 2 is stronger than Teen Gohan as a Super Saiyan 2 when he fought Cell during the Cell Games. This was stated by Majin Vegeta when they fought against each other with each being a Super Saiyan 2.
Super Saiyan 3: Goku's third Super Saiyan transformation. Goku gained this form when he went through vigorous training for 7 years in Other world. The appearance is much different from the other two. The rigid hair style becomes smooth and flowing, sometimes growing down passed the waist and Goku's eye brow are gone. His aura remains the same as Super Saiyan 2, only bigger and with more blue energy sparks and Goku gains a muscle mass increase making him bigger than his other forms.
Goku as a Super Saiyan 3 was strong enough to cause world wide earthquakes just from the energy he was emitting transforming. This is the strongest form in the Dragon Ball Z manga and anime. In this form, Goku's Ki energy is increased four times the strength of Super Saiyan 2, multiplying his power 400x its normal power. This form was enough to stand against Majin Buu in his first and kid form. However much like Super Saiyan 2, his power drops rapidly, allowing to stay in the form only 30 minutes much like a fusion. Goku is the only the Saiyan to achieve all the levels of Super Saiyan up to Super Saiyan 3 other than Gotenks (a fusion of Goku's second son Goten and Vegeta's son Trunks) who has also achieved Super Saiyan 3. Others have achieved the form but only in video games.
Super Saiyan God: Goku's fourth Super Saiyan transformation in the movie "Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods". This transformation was revealed by the Oracle Fish when he explain to The God of Destruction, Bills, that a Super Saiyan God would appear before him.
Goku's overall appearance in this form of this form is unchanged. However, his hair and eyes are now a crimson color and he possesses an explosive flaming aura and is thinner.
The only way for Goku to achieve this form is to harness the power of six pure-hearted Saiyans. The power of this form is even enough to excite Bills. In this form, Goku is able to match the God of Destruction blow for blow, but powers down more quickly than his other transformations due its godly degree of power.In god form Goku is stronger than Super Saiyan 4. Goku's body absorbs the power allowing him to become a Saiyan beyond god where he has a white aura and looks the same as his base form.
Saiyan Beyond God: While in the Super Saiyan God form Goku absorbs the godly power into his body. Allowing him use to the Super Saiyan God power in his base form this is called Saiyan Beyond God. While using this power Goku has a white aura like Ultimate's Gohan's. In this form Goku easily overpowered Frezia in his final form at full power. Forcing Freiza into his golden form.
Golden Great Ape: This is a much stronger version of the Great Ape Transformation with the fur becoming yellow and having greater power. Goku used this form during his battle with Baby. He couldn't control the form and thus went on a rampage but later calmed down and became Super Saiyan 4 due to Pan.
Super Saiyan 4 - Goku's fourth Super Saiyan in the anime "Dragon Ball GT" Goku gained access to this form during his battle with Baby Vegeta. In this form, Goku's appearance is a mixture of a humanoid Saiyan and the Great Ape transformation, with crimson color fur, tail, and shadow trim around the eyes.
Goku's power is increased by an unknown amount beyond the limit of Super Saiyan 3. Unlike the other three transformations, this form does not have a time limit and his body is able to handle to the massive increase without powering time and the form can be accessed at any given time. However, Goku becomes more violent and instinct prone while in this form, being unable to listen to reason and tends to have trouble on controlling his own power.
Super Saiyan Blue
In the Movie; "Fukkatsu No F" Goku achieved the form of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan from training with Whis, the God of Destruction Beerus's teacher. This form allows Goku to have the Godly power of his Super Saiyan god form in his Super Saiyan form. While in this form Goku was strong enough to beat Frieza in his golden form at full power. As well as kill Frieza while in his golden form. Goku is also stronger than Beerus at 70% power. Goku's hair and eyes are blue with a fiery blue aura that sparks with lightning. In this form Goku is stronger than a regular Super Saiyan God. This form has no time limit. Goku has mastered this form in the same way he mastered the Full Powered Super Saiyan form. The Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z creator Akira Toriyama has said that on a scale in terms of power Super Saiyan God is a 6 God of Destruction Beerus is a 10 and Whis is a 15 and that Golden Frieza is not on the scale. Which conflicts with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku being weaker than Golden Frieza because Goku as a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is stronger than a regular Super Saiyan God which is a 6 on the scale.
According to weekly shonen jump issue 20 Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku has an "overwhelming power that the world has never seen before".
"Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" was given a name change by Whis to "Super Saiyan Blue".
Goku appears as the protagonist in numerous anime adaptations of the original manga in both Japanese and English. Notable appearances are Dragonball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Doctor Slump, and Dragon Ball Z: Abridged. He is voiced by many different actors such as Masako Nozawa, Kirby Morrow, Sean Schemmel and Lawrence Simpson.
Goku appears as the protagonist in numerous live-action and animated film adaptations of the manga and anime. He has also appeared in a number of made-for-television and direct-to-video movies. He is portrayed by such actors as Masako Nozawa, Justin Chatwin and Lawrence Simpson.
Goku appears as a playable character in over one hundred Dragon Ball-related video games. With certain few garnering commercial and critical success such as Dragon Ball FighterZ.