Follow

Godzilla

Character » Godzilla appears in 419 issues.

The king of the monsters. He is mankind's greatest ally and enemy. Quite possibly the most unpredictable force on the face of the planet.

If you were to make a Godzilla related film

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

Alright ladies & gentlemen, an Idea crossed my mind the other day. I thought to my self "What if I were to make a Godzilla movie or a movie using other Toho kaiju?" So the question today is

If you were to make a Godzilla related film, what would it be like?

What kind of tone would it have?

What monsters would you included

If you were to add an original monster, what would it be?

Broaden your minds and use that imagination you got. I am eager to know what you guys would do.

I will post some of my ideas as well.

@wolfrazer@kaijukinggojira @classymerc@deathgorath444@thelocust619@granitesoldier@terry2012

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
    KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

Odd this wasn't in my notifications.

Tone

If I were going to make a Godzilla movie I would try to astoblish the tone and the setting of the world.To do this I would have to make an interesting atmosphere of the established world.Something like Patlabor 2.

Loading Video...

Backstory

35 years ago humanity had undergone what is known as the 3rd World War.During this time period humanity started to battle with nuclear weapons, scorhing the earth.Most of the planet became uninhabitable as a result of nuclear radiation.

Only 42% of the Earth is free from nuclear radiation.The areas that are free of the radiation have been devided into what we call Sections.There are 9 Sections total,each populated by 4 million citizens or higher.

The Sections have been devided by the constant demand of resources. Each individual Section has it's own established government and military unites have been established in each Section to defend from the potential threat of other Sections.

Setting

Year: 2042

Area: Section 4

No Caption Provided

Conflict

Scientist have learned that many large animals live and survive outside the sections,These animals are huge and very destructive.3 of these animals make there way into section 4 and have a battle that last for 48 hours causing billions of dollars in collateral damage.The surviving monster is codenamed Godzilla.

Godzilla continues his rampage through the city while the military attempts to stop him with no avail.

The citizens of Section 4 are evacuated to allied Section # 7.While Section 4 is made a battleground to destroy Godzilla.

A mother by the name of Alisa Crowshaw and her 2 children are left in the city with thousands of other residence durning the evacutation.

Alisa attempts to survive in the city with her children while the Battle goes underway.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odd this wasn't in my notifications.

That's been happening a lot lately. I actually have to go into threads to see if someone has sent me a message.

If I were going to make a Godzilla movie I would try to astoblish the tone and the setting of the world.To do this I would have to make an interesting atmosphere of the established world.Something like Patlabor 2.

Interesting.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WarlordEternal

One idea that I had was to take some of the more obscure Godzilla monsters and make them the stars of the film. Those I had in mind are…

Varan

No Caption Provided

Baragon

No Caption Provided

And the Gargantuas, Gaira & Sanda

No Caption Provided

While there is no “good” monster in this movie, Varan would potentially play the role of an anti-hero, Baragon would play the role of the primary antagonist, and the Gargantuas would be there essentially as “battle fodder” (while still holding importance to the story).

Each monster would also get an update in look and size. The Gargantuas would be somewhere between 35 to 40 meters, Baragon would be 60 meters, and Varan would be 65 meters.

I wanted a contrast to be seen between the two main monsters in the fact that Varan would be slim; whereas, Baragon would be bulky. While Varan’s look would be almost the same as his Showa appearance, I would give him some additional abilities, similar to his “Unleashed” appearance. One thing that was disappointing to me was that Varan never got a chance to be in a monster fight. He fought the military but never another monster. This movie is also for the purpose of giving him his long overdue fight.

What actually inspired Baragon’s role as the villain of this movie was this Gif right here…

No Caption Provided

When designing the monsters for “GMK”, Baragon’s look and roar were re-made to help the audience appeal to its role as a protagonist. In order to make audiences appeal to his role as an antagonist I would update his look to be more menacing , basically a darker skin tone, smaller eyes that seemingly sink a little further back in his head, sharper horn/teeth, battle scars etc. I would keep his roar relatively the same while maybe adding a bit onto it in order to make him sound more terrifying. While flame breath is cool, I never really saw it as a threat to other monsters. So what I was thinking is that it could be something similar to Godzilla’s atomic ray only red and weaker (of course). Basically think Godzilla 2000/vs. Megagirus.

Basic plot

The film would open with a construction site being utterly demolished by an unknown creature (Baragon). Later a group of scientists studying the recent emergence's of strange mutations, come across a village that is highly irradiated and is torn apart. Witnesses say it was two giant creatures (Gaira & Sanda). They also discover girl with powerful telepathic/kinetic abilities (a wink at the Heisei era Godzilla films). Upon further study they realize that she holds some kind of connection with the creatures. Using her, they manage to find both the Gargantuas which leads to a confrontation. Meanwhile more and more places are being attacked and destroyed. The destruction is being blamed on the Gargantuas. Late into the afternoon, both Gargantuas are spotted near Osaka. The military attacks both creatures but the battle eventually leads into the city. The girl knows that these monsters are not to blame for the recent attacks. Sensing the presence of another monster, she begins to follow it. The trail leads her to a massive tunnel. Realizing the true culprit is inside, she tries to communicate with it, only to sense pure rage. The ground begins to quake, and the tremors begin to move toward Osaka. Back in Osaka, the battle rages on as the military struggles to subdue the Gargantuas, when suddenly the ground shakes violently. Even the Gargantuas are startled by this. Baragon then burst from the ground, his size dwarfing the Gargantuas. The military pulls back as Gaira and Sanda battle Baragon. The fight is vicious and devastating on the city. Both the Gargantuas manage to hold their own at first but as the fight continues, the scales begin to clearly tip in Baragon’s favor. Near the end of the fight, Sanda is knocked into/threw a tall building, leaving Gaira to fight alone. Gaira appears to gain an advantage and knocks Baragon over. He then leaps into the air, but Baragon, using his heat beam, blast Gaira in the face, blowing his head off. Sanda, having regained conciseness, rushes Baragon and begins to pound at his face wildly. Baragon then counters back and impales Sanda with is horn. He then hurls Sanda over head. As Sanda struggles to stand up, Baragon then fires another heat ray, blowing off Sanda’s right arm. Sanda tries to crawl away but Baragon then stomps on his back, holding him in place for another blast. He then fires it and kills Sanda. The next morning the military then decides to turn its attention to Baragon. A battle ensues with Baragon remaining victorious. The girl manages to convince the higher ups that the only thing that can beat Baragon is another monster. Using her telepathy, she locates one (Varan) in the mountains of Siberia. She is then flown over to its location in order to lure it out. Once it comes out of hiding it then follows the chopper back to Japan. The military try to keep the pressure on Baragon as they await the arrival of the other monster. Once Varan shows up, a long viscous battle starts between him and Baragon. The fight then ends with both monsters badly injured and exhausted. The military tries to capitalize on this and finish both monsters but Baragon tunnels his way out, and Varan using what’s left of his energy glides away. The movie would end on a cliffhanger, leaving it open for a sequel.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs more entries.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By clAssymErc

Truthfully I would just like to see a Godzilla vs. Gamera movie. Logically Godzilla would win, but this would just be for the sake of making an awesome crossover. I mean King Kong vs. Godzilla is widely considered one of if not the greatest Godzilla vs. film, despite the fact that King Kong is was originally 40ft tall and was killed by airplanes. If a Godzilla vs. Gamera film was to be made with tons of love and respect for both monster, then I feel it would really kick ass.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

bump again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afb23ee0b488
    deactivated-5afb23ee0b488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 things...

1. Godzilla 2 should be:

No Caption Provided

2. Here is how the last Godzilla movie needs to go.

Monster Roster

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Synopsis

After the battle with King Ghidorah...

No Caption Provided

The world is now questioning whether Godzilla and the other kaiju of the world are a good thing, or a bad.

Plot

A meteor hits the Earth, but surprisingly, it amounts to no nothing, causing absolutely no destruction.. Still, scientists go to investigate this mysterious finding. Meanwhile the people of the world are recuperating from the events of Godzilla's battle with King Ghidorah. The world leaders begin discussing whether they should deem Godzilla and his fellow Kaiju's as a threat.

Suddenly, Godzilla appears and he begins rampaging his way through the city (Tokyo). The citizens are running, and the world is put on high alert. Meanwhile, Dr. Serizawa is trying to find an explanation for why Godzilla is destroying city's. At the same time the World Leaders agree to mount a massive defense against Godzilla.

While this is going on, Mothra makes her way to the meteor, while Dr. Serizawa figures out something about the meteor is driving the monsters insane. He explains this to the world leaders, but they have no interest of letting the meteor being robbed of them. While Mothra and Godzilla are doing their thing, Rodan appears, and he simply fly's over to the meteor, and prepares to destroy it, until a hand comes out and breaks through the meteor, grabbing the monster reptile by the throat. And with that the face of the God of Death, Bagan, appeared, and he chucked Rodan through the air. Rodan flew up and attempted to fight back, only to be shot down by Bagan. On the brink of death, Bagan leaves Rodan to live, while at the same time Mothra and Godzilla have arrived. They battle, with Bagan easily defeating them. The monsters retreat, while the world is baffled by this creature.

Later on Dr. Serizawa knows that this creature is similar to something he has seen before. He and other members relevant to the plot search the meteor, and find drawings of this new monster, Bagan, destroying worlds, galaxies, and so forth. He finds out that this monster is Bagan, the God of Death. He is the harbinger of Death. He is Death, the Destroyer of Worlds. He was here before in fact, but was repelled by a Legion of Earth's Kaiju, and previous Mothra like creatures. However, only the current Guardian's are left, and now Bagan, if so he wished, could simply destroy the planet with but a wim. There must be a reason for him to be here. Dr. Serizawa believes this reason to be Godzilla.

Meanwhile, Bagan has made his way to New York, and has made a throne like construct out of the Empire State Building. He casually creates a sphere of energy, and blasts it off, sending all of Manhattan into rubble. Suddenly, Rodan attacks from the sky, as does Mothra. They bombard him, but he ends up blasting Rodan to the ground, stepping down on him, and then stabbing Rodan in the throat. He is then hit with the head of the Statue of Liberty, which Godzilla has thrown at him, before being blasted through the Empire State Building by Godzilla. However Bagan gets up immediately and begins fighting back. They grapple, they punch, they bite, but with Bagan getting the better of the two. He ends up impaling Godzilla in the gut, before whipping around slashing off Mothra's wing. She lands on Godzilla, and with her last bit of strength, she infuses him with what is left of it. She is then picked up by Bagan, held against the sky, with a lightning bolt and rain streaking the sky. Bagan lifts his blade, and decapitates Mothra, followed by an ominous roar.

Meanwhile, Bagan turns around, only have his eyes raked by Rodan's talons. However, he is quickly batted aside, as his eyesight returns. He then turns to Godzilla, who slowly begins rising, and his blue atomic breath, now resembling the one from Final Wars, bursts out, and it collide with Bagan, knocking him back a little bit. Godzilla grapples with Bagan, and Bagan sluggishly pushes him aside, just as Rodan fly's by, slicing Bagan with his wings, followed by a tail whip from Godzilla. However, Bagan suddenly whips around, and slashes Rodan's wing, sending him to the ground.

Lightning begins to envelop the sky, as Bagan is seen completely healing, and darkness begins to enclose around him. Bagan's red sphere of energy develops, and he points to the sun, preparing to destroy this measly Solar System.

But then, something red begins to glow behind him, and he turns to see Godzilla's Dorsal Fins shine a bright Crimson Red. Bagan then instead fires the sphere at Godzilla, who's Red Spiral Ray connects with it. They collide, and the sphere is forced back at Bagan, creating a cataclysmic explosion, enveloping the battlefield. When it clears, Bagan begins to get back up, as he is tackled by Godzilla. Bagan rises, and calls up on a lightning storm to bombard Godzilla, which it does. However, Godzilla reaches forward and begin to electrocute Bagan with the transformed lightning, which has been converted into a nuclear touch. Godzilla then erupts with a wave of energy knocking Bagan back, who unleashes his sphere, blasting Godzilla, who merely shrugs it off. Godzilla and Bagan grapple, and Godzilla begins to overpower Bagan. Bagan then lifts his blade arm, releasing from Godzilla's grasp, and raises the sword like construct. He brings it down, only for Godzilla to catch it. Godzilla then uses his Red Spiral Ray and blew off the blade. After this he lifts Bagan over his shoulder, throwing him down. Bagan slowly gets back up, and his mouth his filled with his White Plasma beam. The beam and Godzilla's red ray collide, and eventually, they envelop Bagan's body. After the ensuing explosion, Bagan is seen reduced to nothing, and Godzilla roars in victory.

Rodan is seen getting up, as he and Godzilla walk over to Mothra, who's body disintegrates into golden dust and it fly's off, back to its egg, and it breathes life into the larva forming within. Both roar, and Rodan flies off.

Dr. Serizawa says something dramatic, and Godzilla turns to the audience, and roars once more.

THE END.........until I show my next Idea.

@kaijukinggojira , @warlordeternal , @thelocust619 , so how does this look, good or no good?

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5afb23ee0b488
    deactivated-5afb23ee0b488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira:

As do many people, but with her announcement, I do believe she should be here, just at least for her to die.

But besides that, how does this hold up, does it look good?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomekill15: Interesting idea. Needs more monsters. New ones I mean, as simpy keeping with Rodan and Mothra would be boring for a third film.

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's too darn big. He should only be about the size of 50 feet. This way he would see humans as a food source!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.