Follow

Gods of Olympus

Team » Gods of Olympus appears in 1010 issues.

A group comprised of the immortal Gods, both major and minor, some demigods, some heroes and many monsters and creatures of the ancient Greek and Roman religions now commonly referred to as Greco-Roman Mythology.

Anyone else mad about how weak the olympian gods are?

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Djinn

There suppose to be gods and powerful but hera had troubles fighting iron man, and in ares limited series he started bleeding from some bullets. I just think they should be alot stronger.

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Editman

I can see Hera having trouble with Iron man, I mean i don't want to see her just out right destory him. But the whole Ares, begin hurt by bullets tht's just ridiculous.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Djinn

i dont understand hera having a hard tiem with iron man its so mortal of the gods theres mutants that could beat them

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Your right. 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

PIS is apparently a sickness writers suffer from a lot.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

honestly no mortal being should be able to defeat a god but if that were true with comics no one would care about them as characters, technically speaking hercules and thor should be able to kick the collective asses of the avengers xmen and fantastic four with no help but like i said these characters have to maintain relatablity or else theyd have the 50 thousand hate threads superman has. people just get tired of characters like that

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By seekquaze

Many writers have difficulty writing powerful beings with less powerful ones.  Their autowin powers are often mentioned, but not used in battle.  Hera is bad since she was supposed to be powered up by Zeus's thunderbolt.  You don't want the gods to be invincible, but being one of the major gods Hera should be capable of more.  Pak and Lente have a history throughout Incredible Hercules of portraying the gods as weak.  Look at Poseidon who was weakened for no good reason.  How many times did they have a god threatened by a mere gun and meant to be serious?  The recent Herc issue may have in some ways been meant to make up for that.

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By drkhwk2001

Yep, I have always been partial to Greek Mythology as opposed to Norse Mythology.

darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darth_fletcher

i think marvel need to do a big story of asgardians vs  olympians to give them some big credibility...

odin vs zeus
    thor vs herc
    balder vs ares
    loki vs pluto
    sif vs athenna

would be some epic battles !!!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

They don't seem that week anymore.   

Zeus put the smackdown on Galactus during the Chaos War and shortly after the war ended he fought the Hulk on a purely physical level and gave him the worst  beating he's ever taken.  It seems the Olympians might be moving up in the MU.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @darth_fletcher said:
    " i think marvel need to do a big story of asgardians vs  olympians to give them some big credibility...  odin vs zeus thor vs herc balder vs ares loki vs pluto sif vs athenna  would be some epic battles !!! "
    Epic battles but the Asgardians would win eventually
    darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darth_fletcher

asgardians would definitely win but it could still give the olympians a big lease of life in marvel which i think they need !!!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

The way Zeus beat the Hulk down recently was truly impressive.
    Axis_Mundi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Axis_Mundi

@Djinn: Sigh...I know, I know. Zeus was worshipped as the All-Highest, Almighty, Invincible and All-Triumphant by the Hellenes (the foundation of the Western World) and the Romans (the greatest empire Europe had ever seen at the time). Although I don't myself worship him, he is my favourite Earth Godhead. According to Marvel's own official stats he could generate and wield vast amounts of mystical and cosmic energies, is able to will himself invincible, and rivals Odin in sheer power. As the Olympian God of Thunder, Lightning, Wisdom, Order and the Universe (the Romans really pushed his epithets to new dimensions and Saint Augustine himself supported them), I'm pretty sure if hard-pressed in battle against the Asgardians (however unlikely that will be storywise), I'm pretty certain it would be a stalemate. I just wish Marvel would really equalise all the pantheons to a larger degree than it has and display no further bias to any pantheon. But that's just me.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crom-Cruach

It pisses me off a lot. The Hesiod and the other Olympians if they were at the level they are in their myths were so powerful men could not even look upon their true forms without dying. And even "non-violent" gods could kill mortals with an after-thought.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By COBRAMORPH

@Axis_Mundi said:

@Djinn: I just wish Marvel would really equalise all the pantheons to a larger degree than it has and display no further bias to any pantheon. But that's just me.

Well, I dont know about that. Not to offend any other real cultures, but the Norse, Greek, & Egyptian should be at a higher level than some of the others, just based on how well known they are. Maybe the japanese Kami also. But they should all be higher than say the Vodu or Akua.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LeeSensei

^I agree. A power trio of Thor, Hercules, and... Horus maybe? Also, if the Asgardians and the Olympians went to war the only battle that would matter in the long run is Zeus vs Odin. Hercules can probably beat Thor in a purely physical fight, but Thor has to many other powers for Herc to win in the long run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.