Giratina is one of three abstract Pokémon gods, part of the Creation Trio, along with Dialga and Palkia. Giratina was created by Arceus, and as a result of his creation, antimatter came into existence. It is said that Giratina exists in a chaotic, parallel dimension, where common knowledge no longer applies, and reality is distorted. Giratina often represents death and chaos.
Giratina has made its major anime debut in the eleventh Pokémon movie: Giratina and the Sky Warrior. Enraged when Palkia and Dialga disrupted space-time continuum, it drags Dialga in the Reverse World for an ethereal and colossal battle.
Powers and Abilities
In addition to the standard moves, powers, and abilities Pokémon have, Giratina has the unique ability of warping reality, controlling dimensional forces, and antimatter itself. As a Ghost-type, physical attacks and harm have absolutely no affect on Giratina, can go intangible, and phase through anything, even other dimensions and realities. As the living embodiment and god of antimatter, worldly and temporal harm cannot affect Giratina. Only the divine and abstract forces to those of Palkia or Dialga prove to be powerful enough.
Giratina is also able to change its form just like Deoxys or Shaymin. Its Origin Forme is used when travelling to different dimensions and realities, and tends to revert to his Altered Forme when coming to the real world. In the game, when holding an artifact called the Griseous Orb its power, abilities, and stats further increase. Its stats also change depending on its Forme, such as its Altered Forme highest stats are its defense, while it Origin Forme highest stats are its attacks.
- Japanese name: ギラティナ Giratina
- Pokédex number: #487
- Height: 14'09"/4.5 m
- Weight: 1653.5 lbs./750.0 kg
- Height: 22'08"/6.9 m (Origin Forme)
- Weight: 1433.0 lbs./650.0 kg (Origin Forme)
Major Anime Appearances
- Giratina makes it's anime debut in the 11th Pokémon movie, called Giratina and the Sky Warrior.
- Giratina also appears in the 18th Pokémon movie, called Hoopa and the Clash of Ages.
- Giratina appears in several episodes of the mini series, called Pokémon Generations as well.
- Giratina appears in the adaptation of the movie, Giratina and the Sky Warrior.
- Giratina also appears in several issues of the Pokemon Adventures manga.
- Giratina also appears in the Pokémon Battrio: Aim to be Battrio Master! manga.
- Giratina appears in the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! manga as well.
- Giratina appears briefly in the Pocket Monsters Platinum: Aim to Be Battle King!! manga.
- Giratina appears in four chapters of the Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga.
Video Game Appearances
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
- Pokémon Platinum
- Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
- Pokémon Black and White
- Pokémon Black and White 2
- Pokémon X and Y
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire