Follow

G.I. Joe

Team » G.I. Joe appears in 1182 issues.

G.I. Joe is America's elite fighting force. They are the best trained counter-terrorist team. The only defense against the villainous terrorist organization, Cobra.

This Is What Zartan Will Look Like In The GI Joe Movie?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Zartan?
    Zartan?
    No Caption Provided
    I just don't know what to expect from "G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra."  I'm really trying to be optimistic.  I am.  For every cool image I see, there seems to be like five bad ones.  Hisstank.com has posted several "Movie File Cards" based on characters from the movie.  They seem to be from one of their forum members.  I'd like to hope that perhaps some may be forgeries.  I'm not a hardcore G.I. Joe fan but the couple times I've been to that site, they've been credible.  Regardless, this isn't the Zartan I remember from my childhood.  I don't know who this is but it's not Zartan.  Did someone just take an image of actor Arnold Vosloo and paste him into the box?  I sure hope so.  I understand that perhaps a man in a brown hood with weird black patches over his eyes might look weird in a live action movie but take a look at some of these other images.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I call shenanigans!  
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By Slinger

That's just wrong.

And by "The Doctor" do they mean "Dr. Mindbender" or was there an other "doctor" character that worked for Cobra?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

They might've figured "Dr. Mindbender" was just too cheesey of a name.

Also I'm curious about the title.  Is it the Rise Of The Cobra Organization or the Rise Of Cobra Commander?

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Zartan can look totally bad-ass.  And hey there's already a real world Zartan out there....   If you watch "Tap Out" you might know about the dude named Mask

No Caption Provided

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Slinger
    G-Man said:
    "They might've figured "Dr. Mindbender" was just too cheesey of a name."
    They kept the monocle though...

I'm getting very anxious about this movie in general. It seems like it should be such an easy one to make, but I'm afraid they're being too concerned with making it not look cheesy. I say cheese it up, I want to see a two hour long episode of the original show, complete with an ending where Roadblock teaches a kid not to jump his bike over downed power lines, and Shipwreck teaches another how to stop a nosebleed, not something that is so caught up in being realistic that it loses its fun.
    xcodebro!x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xcodebro!x

Zartan can look totally bad-ass.  And hey there's already a real world Zartan out there....   If you watch "Tap Out" you might know about the dude named Mask

Gosh I hate those Tap Out guys.... but man that was funny!

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Ugh

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Slinger said:
    "G-Man said:
    "They might've figured "Dr. Mindbender" was just too cheesey of a name."
    They kept the monocle though...

I'm getting very anxious about this movie in general. It seems like it should be such an easy one to make, but I'm afraid they're being too concerned with making it not look cheesy. I say cheese it up, I want to see a two hour long episode of the original show, complete with an ending where Roadblock teaches a kid not to jump his bike over downed power lines, and Shipwreck teaches another how to stop a nosebleed, not something that is so caught up in being realistic that it loses its fun."
    (Psst...it wasn't Shipwreck, he was probably too drunk to give out public service messages).

Anyways, two words: "Body Massage."

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NightFang3

I hope the doctor is Mindbender and not Cobra Commander.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

I do too.  I thought I read somewhere that it was the same actor, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, playing both which lead to speculation. Think that was just a rumor.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

According to his card it sounds like "Dr. Mindbender." Wonder if they'll set up Serpentor for a possible sequel. Seems like every movie nowadays is set up for a sequel, if not a trilogy.

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wonder if his skin will instantly darken in the sun like the old toy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.