Follow

Ghostbusters

Team » Ghostbusters appears in 471 issues.

Group of paranormal experts who turned into ghost hunters for hire after losing their university funding.

Will Reitman Direct Ghostbusters 3?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    Ghostbusters 3 has been on a lot of people's minds for years now. Will it happen? Who will join up? We know now that the old team is back together and the screenplay is due soon, but will Director Ivan Reitman helm the film? According to FirstShowing, Reitman may be out. 

Apparently this is also how Sony would like to approach the directing side of the project...they don't want to bring back original series director Ivan Reitman to helm the new installment, but rather would like to bring on a younger director a la the same arrangement Sony made to bring on Marc Webb for the new Spider-Man franchise. 

No Caption Provided
    Reitman's old contract still gives him creative control over the franchise, which is something Columbia isn't too happy about. If he doesn't like the way the new film is going, he can stop production immediately. Who else has this kind of power? Well, three of the cast members do. (Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis) It seems the butting of heads on this film is about to start and we all may be in for a very bumpy ride. A lot we've been hearing on the internet is that this film may be about the Ghostbusters training new, younger Ghostbusters to take their place. The main reason they'd want to do this? More sequels most likely, but that's going to be extremely hard to do without Reitman directing, since he's probably put a stop to the film if he wasn't a part of it, and I wouldn't blame him. 

This is either going to end in disaster, with Ghostbusters dying off for good, or this film will get made the exact way that Reitman, Marray, Aykroyd, and Ramis want it, with little to no interference from studio execs, and with Reitman's track record as of recent, My Super-Ex Girlfriend and Evolution (2001, which really isn't that recent), most of us will be sitting on the edge of our seats hoping that this team can capture the magic that the first film had. 

What are your thoughts? How do you feel about the amount of control this creative team has on this project?
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

dudes are old. and theyve hit every roadblock already.
    now that being said, Ghostbusters 2 came out, and a little 
    late. it was exceptional. anything past that, in particular both
    cartoon series, the video game, and the IDW comic books 
    (more on those from me soon, trust me) has been excellent.
    on that basis i give it at least the chance of hope. i also think
    Reitman's good for it, and most of those guys listed will do this
    anyways as they all need the cash and the screentime, maybe with
    the exception of Ernie who you didnt list as being indecisive.
    I would never expect it to be the first film though, in fact i would hope
    for something entirely new. and if it flops im okay with that on the basis they 
    finally tried it at the very least, so there wont be anymore wondering about it.
    lastly i think their best bet would be CGI, though doubt they would.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Moomin123

I'm gonna enjoy Ghostbusters 3 when it comes out. I bet you all the money in the world it'll be in 3D.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Theodore

Please don't f this movie up!

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, I saw the actors not long ago on TV and they honestly looked the same to me, so maybe they can play them again. Not that it would matter to me.

I thought My Super Ex-Girlfriend was one of the best non-comic quasi-superhero movies I've seen yet, as far as those things go. It was quite well made and entertaining. Some critics rapped it because it was funny, but it was surely meant to be funny. But, then, these things could use a few laughs. It was certainly better than Ghostbusters. 

Between the two, I'd like to see them revisit My Super Ex-Girlfriend than Ghostbusters.

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By welshguy

Ah, ghostbusters. One of the few films from my childhood that has stood the test of time and does not suck the proverbial (like the Three Amigos and the Wizard etc). I really, really hope this gets made and as Catmanexe said, if it flops then at least they made the effort. But sounds like this is going to one long hard slog to get it made

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

I have a feeling this is gonna be a disaster.
    Tony Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tony Rogers

i hope so

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.