Set Photos from the Boston Set of Ghostbusters Reboot Hit the Internet

Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Filming has begun for the Ghostbusters reboot in Boston, which is set to hit theaters in 2016, and there's already a few pictures from the set. Director and writer Paul Feig kicked off the start of production by tweeting out some green slime, which probably has every fan wondering if Slimer is going to make at least a cameo.

Images from the first day of shooting have already made their way online and People Magazine had a couple of shots of the stars of the film in their wardrobe for the film. First, Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnon walk around and McCarthy is holding a piece of machinery, while McKinnon has some large bag strapped to her back.

No Caption Provided

We also got to see at what Kristen Wiig will look like as well.

No Caption Provided

Once you read the official synopsis for the film, the outfit seems to be pretty fitting for Kristen Wiig:

Wiig and McCarthy play a pair of unheralded authors who write a book positing that ghosts are real. Flash forward a few years and Wiig lands a prestigious teaching position at Columbia U. Which is pretty sweet, until her book resurfaces and she is laughed out of academia.

Wiig reunites with McCarthy and the other two proton pack-packing phantom wranglers, and she gets some sweet revenge when ghosts invade Manhattan and she and her team have to save the world.

Little is known about the film, like the names of the characters or what these busters are up against, but it's pretty safe to say that with the writer of Freaks and Geeks (Feig) behind the film as well as Katie Dippold (Parks and Recreation) writing the script with Feig, the film will be funny.

As for the photos, we're guessing all of the scenes their filming take place early on in the film, before these characters come together to become actual Ghostbusters, but we'll keep you updated with more about the 2016 film and hopefully when these women get their sweet ghostbusting jumpsuits.

Staff
#1 Posted by roaris87 (404 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this a total reboot? Or will they acknowledge the previous films?

#2 Posted by BlackKaizer (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@roaris87: No, their will be references but this is a hard reboot. I honestly can't bring myself to care about it at all.

Good or bad, I won't be watching.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@roaris87 said:

So is this a total reboot? Or will they acknowledge the previous films?

sounds like a reboot

#4 Posted by MK5 (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the looks of McCarthey and McKinnon.

Avatar image for nemesis_liafador
#5 Posted by Nemesis_Liafador (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43144 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh

#7 Edited by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if they'll be playing gender swapped versions of the original Ghostbusters or are they entirely new characters?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew.

#9 Posted by MK5 (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if they'll be playing gender swapped versions of the original Ghostbusters or are they entirely new characters?

I thought a male-casted Ghostbusters is planned after this one. So I didn't think they were gender-swapped versions, but still I can't help wonder who they are most like.

#10 Posted by jonnyh101 (76 posts) - - Show Bio

nope just nope it's not even the fact they're woman it's the fact they're all dreadfully unfunny.

#11 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk5 said:
@maddpanda531 said:

I thought a male-casted Ghostbusters is planned after this one. So I didn't think they were gender-swapped versions, but still I can't help wonder who they are most like.

Really? Huh, I guess that means they're new characters then. Will these two films be in the same universe? I agree, it'll be interesting to see parallels between the two teams

#12 Posted by MachoMustachio (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@maddpanda531: yes, they are jumping on the copying Marvel bandwagon and creating a ghostbusters cinematic universe

#13 Edited by STARGRAVES (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonnyh101 nope just nope it's not even the fact they're woman it's the fact they're all dreadfully unfunny.

Well, that's just like...your opinion, man.

#14 Edited by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

@maddpanda531: yes, they are jumping on the copying Marvel bandwagon and creating a ghostbusters cinematic universe

Greeeaaatt... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the MCU and CU in general can be fun, but it starting to seem like everyone and their mother are trying to adapt whatever popular franchise they have into a CU in an attempt to emulate Marvel's success.

#15 Posted by KEROGA (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#16 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! Omg set photos.

This means they're set security is crap and are trying to promote this too much. Can't believe there is set photos of them walking.

I've practiced seen the movie.

#18 Posted by The_Kidd (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are they even remaking this?

#19 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd said:

Why are they even remaking this?

$$$$$$$$

Duhhh

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#20 Posted by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe this is actually happening.

#21 Posted by MachoMustachio (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@maddpanda531: Yep exactly, a cinematic universe only works when it makes sense. The MCU works because the Marvel universe is huge with multiple teams and hundreds of characters, Ghostbusters is just one team of four guys/gals. I still feel that they should just have done a sequel/passing the torch film, but whatever maybe it will be at least decent.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#22 Posted by amazing_webhead (9818 posts) - - Show Bio

knowing McCarthy, things will get loud, rude, and obnoxious

#23 Edited by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk5 said:
@maddpanda531 said:

Well I'm guessing that McKinnon is Ramis/Egon, McCarthy is Aykroyd/Stantz, Wiig is Murray/Venkman

which leaves Jones as (surprise surprise) Hudson/Zeddemore

Also, so that what was happening at the Everett High School, them shooting the movie...yes I live in Everett.

#24 Posted by Rpgesus (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

lol @ all girl ghostbusters

#25 Posted by DjBest02 (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonnyh101: Melissa and Kristen are unfunny to you? Have you seen Spy? or Bridesmaids?

#26 Edited by Darling_Luna (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

This will undo all the good of the : the first two movies, the cartoons and the comics. My life is ruined .....Actually no it doesn't. People and their reboots

: D

#27 Posted by SirNeko (4396 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks sweet, can't wait for it. I really liked Ghostbuster movies as a kid, can't wait for this.

#28 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I ever liked about Ghostbusters was Extreme Ghostbusters.

#29 Posted by Oscuro (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait for the bootleg. This doesn't sound interesting or funny, but I LOVE Ghostbusters so I hope I'm wrong.

#30 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea im gonna definitely pass on this..... im tired of classic movies that are remade and experimented with and made "diverse" on order to hope it'll appeal to the masses....

Im sure if they stuck with the ORIGINAL formula, and just slightly tweaked it this movie would be #1 the week it's released...

#31 Posted by space4rentt (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackkaizer: @roaris87: @jonny_anonymous:

Dan Aykroyd recently mentioned:

It refers to the first two in a really neat, classy way, but this is all going to introduce them to a whole new generation of girls that are going to want to be Ghostbusters. We always needed them.

Not sure is this means it's not totally a reboot. Maybe it is and the ghostbusters movie exists in this new world, which is where they got the idea from.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

It refers to the first two in a really neat, classy way, but this is all going to introduce them to a whole new generation of girls that are going to want to be Ghostbusters. We always needed them.

Not sure is this means it's not totally a reboot. Maybe it is and the ghostbusters movie exists in this new world, which is where they got the idea from.

I mean it MUST be a reboot if they are trying to convince people ghosts exist because after the original movies ghost are pretty much common place.

#33 Edited by BlackKaizer (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@space4rentt: Which is thrown completely out of the water after the premise is relived, and nobody believes them that ghost exist.....despite a giant Doe monster rampaging new york.

Their rebooting the fanchise for the sole reason of starting a universe, I'm not gonna bother with this series.

#34 Posted by BlackKaizer (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@space4rentt: Which is thrown completely out of the water after the premise is relived, and nobody believes them that ghost exist.....despite a giant Doe monster rampaging new york.

Their rebooting the fanchise for the sole reason of starting a universe, I'm not gonna bother with this series.

#35 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.

#36 Posted by roaris87 (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@space4rentt said:

I mean it MUST be a reboot if they are trying to convince people ghosts exist because after the original movies ghost are pretty much common place.

Unless they pull something like there haven't been ghosts since GB2, or the Gov't trying to bury what happened. But those would be pretty lame excuses. Maybe Wiig's book was published before the events of the first movie and now she's being discredited? I don't know why they can't just acknowledge the previous films, like Wiig is Stanz' and Spengler's protégé or something.

#37 Posted by Pelykan (228 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna suck sooo much.

There will be at least 200 fat jokes from McCarthy in the opening scene alone.

#38 Posted by galacticshrub (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there any actual fans out there that are excited, or even the least bit hopeful about this film? After years of rumors about actual sequels, to an actual good idea of the original guys training the next generation, a hard reboot just feels like a big "fuck you, we're just here for the money" to all the fans.

Even if they could have just gotten Aykroyd and Hudson on board, training the new team, that would have been better. I don't even care if it's an all female team, though I think with all the great actresses and comediennes out there, the choices here are super questionable.

I don't think I'm alone in my thinking, here. There seems to be plenty of evidence this is going to bomb horribly, yet Feig keeps pressing on, indignantly. It almost feels like he's intentionally trolling the hardcore fans of the series.

#39 Posted by dreamfall31 (611 posts) - - Show Bio

No issues with it being a gender swap of the series, I just don't want to ruin what Ghostbusters is to me. It will always be the first movie, and slightly the 2nd movie. This could be good, but Ghostbusters will always be Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, and the 80's.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.