marvelguy15's Generation Hope #1 - The Future is a Four-Letter Word, Part 1 review

Avatar image for marvelguy15

Generation Hope #1 Review

Kieron Gillen & Salvador Espin kick off the newest X-book. Hope and her ragtag group of new mutants along with their babysitter Rogue travel to Tokyo to meet up with Cyclops & Wolverine. One of my favourite parts of this issue is how every two pages or so the narration changes. I didn't think I'd like this at first, but ended up loving it. It gave a little more insight in how each character thinks and how they act. I also liked how their interactions were realistic and they aren't fully used to each other yet. I was really into how everybody got to get into the action. On the downside was how cartoony the art was and how we don't know the extent of everybody's powers yet. A really good start to this series. 4/5

Other reviews for Generation Hope #1 - The Future is a Four-Letter Word, Part 1

Surprisingly Good. 0

I have to say I didn't had my hopes on for this series, but this first issue made me change my mind.  The Good: I wasn't sure up to now for the looks of the "Lights" but this book helped me to understand what is the purpose of each one of these new characters. The art was good, pretty consistent through the issue, it had faults but nothing to drive you off. The story was lacking, but it was compensated with characterization. Each of the new "lights" got some spotlight panels to show each of thei...

All-new All different...AGAIN??????? 0

Look its the X-me...er I mean the New Mu...ah Generation X? No...New X-...darn...hmmm lets see how about the Youn...  Oh i got it! Generation Hope...the newest next generation of mutants! Really? Again? Did we really need an entire other book for this team when we have X-men: Legacy wasting away filled with second tier characters in mildly entertaining stories that just exist to showcase Rogue and Magneto getting together? Dont take this the wrong way...I am thrilled that the mutant race is at l...