Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

New Relationship?

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By SarahB

I also can't stand the tatoo girl in Gambit's series.  Everything about her is a cliche.  There's nothing even "bad" about her.  Everything she's done has been predictable and obvious that you never expect her to do anything really contridictatory.  She's like a sad Gambit-lite mirror whining  about her oh so "mysterious" past which is only mysterious because she's so tight lipped.  At least when Gambit was mysterious when he showed up, I really couldn't tell you what he might do.  And for some reason I don't get, Gambit is infatuated with her.  Heck I don't even believe he was that infatuated with Rogue for a long time into their relationship evne if he was challenged.  This girl is not that big of a challenge.  The only thing that makes her barely agreeable is that just seeing Gambit flirt is nearly worth having her around but she could be any coffee shoppe girl and be just as interesting. 

However that said, she's light years above the boring crap with CeCe where suddenly Gambit's hanging around with her EVERY FRiDAY NIGHT for some unknown reason (ie Liu loves her) despite her annoying personality or the absurd idea that Gambit wouldn't just sleep with Frenzy but not be her friend given she's still a human hater and cold blooded killer who killed for pleasure.  Why Gambit has to be tied down to one female character in each book when he should be wanting some casual flings after how Rogue got so wishy washy on him in the end boggles the mind.  I'm looking forward to Gambit flirting with the Queen more than the return of tatoo girl.  Gambit just needs to flirt more and have a few casuals fling with Rachel and Valkrye and Wasp and quit trying to stick him with the writer's pet character for awhile.   

If or when he and Rogue re-unite for any reason, Rogue needs to grow a spine and at least appologize as they are suppose to at least be best friends now and Gambit sure has been there for her.  I do like their relationship but they needed this break but it could have been done without making Rogue look like a jerk and idiot and Gambit just standing around to just take it.  
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By lykopis

@SarahB said:

I also can't stand the tatoo girl in Gambit's series. Everything about her is a cliche. There's nothing even "bad" about her. Everything she's done has been predictable and obvious that you never expect her to do anything really contridictatory. She's like a sad Gambit-lite mirror whining about her oh so "mysterious" past which is only mysterious because she's so tight lipped. At least when Gambit was mysterious when he showed up, I really couldn't tell you what he might do. And for some reason I don't get, Gambit is infatuated with her. Heck I don't even believe he was that infatuated with Rogue for a long time into their relationship evne if he was challenged. This girl is not that big of a challenge. The only thing that makes her barely agreeable is that just seeing Gambit flirt is nearly worth having her around but she could be any coffee shoppe girl and be just as interesting. However that said, she's light years above the boring crap with CeCe where suddenly Gambit's hanging around with her EVERY FRiDAY NIGHT for some unknown reason (ie Liu loves her) despite her annoying personality or the absurd idea that Gambit wouldn't just sleep with Frenzy but not be her friend given she's still a human hater and cold blooded killer who killed for pleasure. Why Gambit has to be tied down to one female character in each book when he should be wanting some casual flings after how Rogue got so wishy washy on him in the end boggles the mind. I'm looking forward to Gambit flirting with the Queen more than the return of tatoo girl. Gambit just needs to flirt more and have a few casuals fling with Rachel and Valkrye and Wasp and quit trying to stick him with the writer's pet character for awhile. If or when he and Rogue re-unite for any reason, Rogue needs to grow a spine and at least appologize as they are suppose to at least be best friends now and Gambit sure has been there for her. I do like their relationship but they needed this break but it could have been done without making Rogue look like a jerk and idiot and Gambit just standing around to just take it.

Every word I highlighted and underlined in my mind as I read them.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By LoganRogue24

Gambit should date someone else and give Rogue up let her live her life and explore other men as possible mates. wether Logan or colossus or someone new.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By SarahB

@LoganRogue24 said:

Gambit should date someone else and give Rogue up let her live her life and explore other men as possible mates. wether Logan or colossus or someone new.

He's already done that. He did let her go and she dated Magneto despite how horrible Magneto treated her - all with Gambit's support and friendship You don't even seem to know anything about Gambit and Rogue's relationship just keep calling him not right for her because other women want him (ie he's a ladies man). We know you can't stand Gambit because he gets in the way of you fantasy about a Logan who doesn't and has never existed in the comics (he's a serial cheater) butGambit's nearly done all the things you accuse him of not doing and Rogue did date Colossus and it was a horrible bore just like Colossus is in the comics until his sister messed him up.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit and Storm! <3 It should happen!

smeagollk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: doubt it, they always had that brother/sister thing going on... yes, they are friends, but i don't think they'll ever go down that road.

Psylocke on the other hand. I could really see the two of them together. Sure, writers would probably kill it right at the beginning, but it's still worth a shot since it hasn't been seen before.

Avatar image for deadlyxhuntress
    deadlyxhuntress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gambit and Psylocke is interesting. In fact I wanted Gambit in Uncanny Xforce instead of Fantomex. That would have been perfect for him and Psylocke.

For now though I think Gambit and Sage would be interesting.

Also Gambit and Polaris too. In All New Xfactor I think it was said that she wanted him around because he kept her calm or something

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Also Gambit and Polaris too. In All New Xfactor I think it was said that she wanted him around because he kept her calm or something

I remember reading a comic where Polaris and a few other ladies were at a mutant strip club and Polaris had a shape changing male stripper change into Gambit because she always had the hots for him. At least I think it was Polaris.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@stumpy49er: yeah I think that was supposed to be her bachelorette party or something maybe not but I seem to recall the ladies discussing Gambit and even Jean was talking about him but Polaris was saying how Rogue should jump on it lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
    deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

8 months later...Romy forever <3

Avatar image for thescarletwitch
    TheScarletWitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lydian_sel: I completely agree, they always come back to each other. I wish the writers would leave them alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.