Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Is Gambit bisexual ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

OK here we go again. I found this site http://nerdisbetter.tumblr.com/post/89870642676 and it says that gambit is possibly bisexual. I was wondering if it were true ? The only time he kissed a man was when Jacob Gavin Jr was in the body of a woman and OK she/he was kind of hot but. Idk anymore.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so sick of retconned homosexuality. Want a gay character, make a gay character. Want a bi character, make a bi character just please stop retconning it.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well I found some more stuff...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well gambit... he is one of my favorites to. I think he might be bi curious but not full on bi ?

Bi-curious is a phenomenon in which people of a heterosexual or homosexual identity who, while showing some curiosity for a relationship or sexual activity with a person of the sex they do not favor, distinguish themselves from the bisexual label. The term is sometimes used to describe a broad continuum of sexual orientation between heterosexuality and bisexuality.[1] The terms heteroflexible and homoflexible are also applied to bi-curiosity, though some authors distinguish heteroflexibility as lacking the "wish to experiment with ... sexuality" implied by the bi-curious label.[2]

The term bi-curious implies that the individual has either no or limited homosexual experience in the case of heterosexual individuals or no or limited heterosexual experience in the case of homosexual people, but may continue to self-identify as bi-curious if they do not feel they have adequately explored these feelings, or if they do not wish to identify as bisexual.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I found this same question on yahoo answers and everyone says that gambit is straight not bisexual.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this on yahoo answers about this same topic. Gambit hits on way to many women to be Gay. Gambit is the only x-men who is a player and has probably dated over like 100 women. i wish i could be like gambit and date that many girls and when i dumb them they would still love me. this is a another form of Gambling for Remey. But he has a special attraction to Rouge, and Gambit wants to make out with rouge he doesn't even care if he is put in the hospital or dies cause he thinks she is that Hot and it would be worth it. I think Gambit secretly loves rouge and won't admit to himself cause he isn't the settling down type.

He's not gay, nor is he bi.

There are several Marvel characters who are gay. Here is a list of a few.

Wiccan

Hulking

Northstar

Bloke

Some are gay in different timelines:

Angel

Colossus

Gambit has never been gay, not even in different timelines.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this on yahoo answers about this same topic. Gambit hits on way to many women to be Gay. Gambit is the only x-men who is a player and has probably dated over like 100 women. i wish i could be like gambit and date that many girls and when i dumb them they would still love me. this is a another form of Gambling for Remey. But he has a special attraction to Rouge, and Gambit wants to make out with rouge he doesn't even care if he is put in the hospital or dies cause he thinks she is that Hot and it would be worth it. I think Gambit secretly loves rouge and won't admit to himself cause he isn't the settling down type.

He's not gay, nor is he bi.

There are several Marvel characters who are gay. Here is a list of a few.

Wiccan

Hulking

Northstar

Bloke

Some are gay in different timelines:

Angel

Colossus

Gambit has never been gay, not even in different timelines.

well I really hope your right.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Gambit is bi. Because on the marvel database you keep talking about he is listed as a Christian. Yeah gambit.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters_by_Religion?display=exhibition&sort=mostvisited

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I still like to know myself is Gambit is bi or straight ?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think Gambit is bi. Because on the marvel database you keep talking about he is listed as a Christian. Yeah gambit.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters_by_Religion?display=exhibition&sort=mostvisited

what does him being Christian have to do with him possibly being gay or bi?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: well in the bible being gay or bi is a big no no...

Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Romans 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines God's created order when He made Adam and Eve, a man and a woman, to carry out His command to fill and subdue the earth (Genesis 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that mandate. In addition, homosexuality undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife which is the God-ordained means of procreation. Again, homosexuality cannot do that. And, believe it or not, it is also dangerous to society. (See Is homosexuality dangerous?)

Homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it and support it.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Romans 1:26-27).

As a result of being "given over," they can no longer see the error of what they are doing, will not seek forgiveness, and will not repent. They will then die in their sins and face God's righteous condemnation. We, as Christians, do not want this judgment to fall upon anyone.

But, their rebellion against God does not stop there. Those who are judged by God this way also promote it and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.

" . . . and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Romans 1:32).

So, in their "hearty approval" of homosexuality, they encourage others to accept their practice, and so their sin and rebellion against God spreads. This means they will reject Christ's redemptive work on the cross. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, they will have no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal Hell. We don't want this for anyone.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@otaconmgs: yeeeeeaaah....

I'm pretty sure that there are a ton of people who consider themselves Christians and are gay and don't care what an old book has to say about it

you want to know what the most important thing that the bible teaches people? it's easy....don't be a dick...be nice to people....the rest is a bunch of outdated nonsense

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: yeah there is a part were it says to stone to death disobedient children. But there are some people think the gay and bi stuff holds up today.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mooty_Pass

I would like it if Gambit was Bisexual i'd think it be cool. However I have known him to like girls a lot sooooo I don't think I want to see or believe that Gambit actually IS Bi. I'm already having a hard time coping with Bobby Drake being Gay(Even though he isn't -_-)

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlueHope

I honestly always thought that he was openly bisexual ,today I believe that there is no mention of him being bi but I would be no surprised at all if this is oficially stated in the future.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: @stormphoenix: @kid_omega_prime: oh not this again. I thought this was laid to rest. oh well I found this on... http://www.craveonline.com/art/894391-writer-james-asmus-wanted-marvels-gambit-2012

Since the ‘90s, Gambit has been one of the most popular X-Men characters, and he will soon be the subject of a live-action film starring Channing Tatum as Gambit. Throughout Gambit’s comic book history, all of his major relationships have been with women, especially with his teammate, Rogue.

But in 2012, writer James Asmus had something else in mind for Gambit’s sexual orientation. While speaking with Bleeding Cool, Asmus confirmed that he had intended to reveal that Gambit was bisexual.

“It’s true that I was interested in revealing Gambit to be bisexual in our series – with us first seeing him seduce a man on one of his missions, and soon thereafter meeting a member of the thieves guild Gambit previously had a more significant relationship with in his pre-X-Men debut,” wrote Asmus. “I never got past pitching the first part, though, as word came down we wouldn’t be redefining the character as such.”

plus there is this on... http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/25/when-gambit-was-going-to-be-bisexual-in-2012-james-asmus-speaks/

It’s true that I was interested in revealing Gambit to be bisexual in our series – with us first seeing him seduce a man on one of his missions, and soon thereafter meeting a member of the thieves guild Gambit previously had a more significant relationship with in his pre-X-Men debut. I never got past pitching the first part, though, as word came down we wouldn’t be redefining the character as such.

A few important disclaimers, though… first, I have no idea how high or low on the totem pole that decision was made, or for what reasons – but my editor on the book was the fabulous Daniel Ketcham who is an out man and prominent voice for LBGT diversity in comics. Though the memory is hazy (I pitched a LOT of different ideas for that book) I don’t think he was keen on the idea just from a practical / story stand point. And as I mentioned, I had lots of different concepts I was happy to explore – so in fairness, the No wasn’t something I fought against. And in hindsight, maybe that pitch was too half-baked? Either way, we never did anything to go against the idea he’s bisexual. So maybe someone else will craft that story?

hope this helps.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: @stormphoenix: @kid_omega_prime: oh not this again. I thought this was laid to rest. oh well I found this on... http://www.craveonline.com/art/894391-writer-james-asmus-wanted-marvels-gambit-2012

Since the ‘90s, Gambit has been one of the most popular X-Men characters, and he will soon be the subject of a live-action film starring Channing Tatum as Gambit. Throughout Gambit’s comic book history, all of his major relationships have been with women, especially with his teammate, Rogue.

But in 2012, writer James Asmus had something else in mind for Gambit’s sexual orientation. While speaking with Bleeding Cool, Asmus confirmed that he had intended to reveal that Gambit was bisexual.

“It’s true that I was interested in revealing Gambit to be bisexual in our series – with us first seeing him seduce a man on one of his missions, and soon thereafter meeting a member of the thieves guild Gambit previously had a more significant relationship with in his pre-X-Men debut,” wrote Asmus. “I never got past pitching the first part, though, as word came down we wouldn’t be redefining the character as such.”

plus there is this on... http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/25/when-gambit-was-going-to-be-bisexual-in-2012-james-asmus-speaks/

It’s true that I was interested in revealing Gambit to be bisexual in our series – with us first seeing him seduce a man on one of his missions, and soon thereafter meeting a member of the thieves guild Gambit previously had a more significant relationship with in his pre-X-Men debut. I never got past pitching the first part, though, as word came down we wouldn’t be redefining the character as such.

A few important disclaimers, though… first, I have no idea how high or low on the totem pole that decision was made, or for what reasons – but my editor on the book was the fabulous Daniel Ketcham who is an out man and prominent voice for LBGT diversity in comics. Though the memory is hazy (I pitched a LOT of different ideas for that book) I don’t think he was keen on the idea just from a practical / story stand point. And as I mentioned, I had lots of different concepts I was happy to explore – so in fairness, the No wasn’t something I fought against. And in hindsight, maybe that pitch was too half-baked? Either way, we never did anything to go against the idea he’s bisexual. So maybe someone else will craft that story?

hope this helps.

so what the writer originally wanted to make Gambit bi but did not ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ok I was looking up The topic http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/ryonslaught/lists/gay-chik-lgbt-superheroes/11510/ and it said that gambit and courier had sex. I know gambit kissed him when he was in female form but is the sleeping together thing true ? Are there scans ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.