Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

How will he react?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Gambit has always fancied Rogue and will always care for her but seeing her recent turn for the worse in Uncanny Avengers how do you think Gambit will react when he finds out?

Will he blame Wolverine and Havok?

Not be phased at all?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By westy206

I have a feeling he'll blame Logan. Saying he should have had her back and been there for her. I think Logan would even try a bro-hug on him since Logan will relate it to Jeans passing and how upset he was. During the said bro-hug he might decide actually it is Havoks fault as he was team leader and Gambit beats the crap out of him and Wolverine has to pull him off of Havok.

I dunno I can just imagine Gambit getting angry over it all.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Of course he would be pissed. Him and Rogue haven't been together for awhile now, but they've still shown they care about each other.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: do you reckon they'll bother showing Gambits reaction in the comics or just brush pass it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lykopis

Out of everyone (and this includes Mystique), Gambit would have the worst reaction to Rogue's death. Not only do they still love each other, they consider the other their best friend.

I think something will be made from it, leading into the new X-Factor series. I know I saw some previews (inked only) where Gambit's face registers some kind of distress. I will try to find it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lykopis

k - here are the panels where he's interacting with Wolverine and in one of them, he looks all sad/distressed. I'm interpreting it to mean that he's holed himself up in the Danger Room and Wolverine is giving him a little tough love and offering the position on X-Factor to get him back into the game.

(Sidenote: However, what is up with Gambit's eyes? That's a pretty big mistake.)

Anyhoo -- Ihere they are if anyone's interested:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were one of the biggest couples in Marvel. You can't just brush off Gambit's reaction to Rogue's death. After the way he acted when Omega and Mimic came to town and Rogue helped them and almost died, I see him going into depression, maybe even getting more involved with his working underground control of the Thief's Guild. You know turning bad guy. I am upset with her death and all, but History of X-men has proven anyone can come back from the dead.

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this wasnt him reacting to Rogues death just Logan telling him to get his head out of his butt and fly straight. Funny coming from Logan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.