Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Gambits Eyes

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crackdown

In the movie pics and trailers Gambits eyes are normal, but his eyes played a big role in how and why he became who and what he is today. Yet in the movie they are neglected, and custom contacts only cost like 50 bucks. Your thoughts?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

Maybe it means he will not have a large role outside of this film.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

Gambit fans have no room to complain. The fans of Deadpool on the other hand....

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pixelized

you've watched?

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Mutant X
    erik said:
    "Gambit fans have no room to complain. The fans of Deadpool on the other hand...."
    True. I'm really pissed off about how he turned out.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik
    pixelized said:
    "you've watched?"
    Nope. I have read a non spoiler review from a Deadpool fan. I have been trying really hard to not read spoilers.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg

The actor playing Gambit probably didn't want to wear stupid contacts, and they probably saw no reason to make them red with CGI, as the general movie-going populace (and most casual X-men fans) couldn't care less what color his eyes are. I'm a pretty hardcore X-fan, and I really do not care about Gambit's eye color in a movie he shouldn't even be in in the first place. Those are my thoughts.

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They still kept true to the charming thief. Mainly looking like a Pretty Boy Abercrombie Fitch model that has a superb wardrobe, rock star long dark brown hair, and three signature items playing cards, A Metal Bo Staff, and a long length leather trench coat. As long as he is finally on the Big Screen. kept true to the character I'm satisfied because he's been overlooked three times in Three Previous X Men movies to get his large break.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pixelized
    erik said:
    "pixelized said:
    "you've watched?"
    Nope. I have read a non spoiler review from a Deadpool fan. I have been trying really hard to not read spoilers.
    "
    Oh, just a few more weeks to wait then!
    PsyNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PsyNick

Well, his eyes aren't regular, but they cant be all red like the comics! All someone can change is the iris, yoy can't change the vitreous humor(white around iris)! The best they can do is turn his iris red.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian
    PsyNick said:
    "Well, his eyes aren't regular, but they cant be all red like the comics! All someone can change is the iris, yoy can't change the vitreous humor(white around iris)! The best they can do is turn his iris red."
    They can do whatever they want.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

lmao I don't know if I've ever seen so much complaining about a movie before its release. Not trying to single you out Crackdown even I was complaining about how they better keep Gambit's Cajun accent. But with or with out it I'm still excited and have high hopes for this film. I dont know if you can tell much just from the trailers. Maybe Gambit's eyes only light up when he uses his powers? Either way his eyes wont make of break this movie for me. At least he's in it lol.

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambler said:
    "lmao I don't know if I've ever seen so much complaining about a movie before its release. Not trying to single you out Crackdown even I was complaining about how they better keep Gambit's Cajun accent. But with or with out it I'm still excited and have high hopes for this film. I dont know if you can tell much just from the trailers. Maybe Gambit's eyes only light up when he uses his powers? Either way his eyes wont make of break this movie for me. At least he's in it lol."
    My point exactly. It's a small minor change he's in the film, and they are keeping true to his character. IIf you want terrible changes that are truly unacceptable it's Red Skull in the terrible 80s Captain America Movie, Sandman as a sympathetic unconventional man aimed at saving his daughter not a bad thug like his comicbook coutnerpart, and Galactus everything done with him.  Plenty of people complained about the small changes of organic webs in Spider Man yet it was still true to the wall crawler.

Bottom Line is Keep a open mind, be thankful The Charming Thief is in it not a cameo but in large role, See the movie,  and then form your opinion.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck

I posted this image...last week, I think, from the trailer:

No Caption Provided

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Meteorite
    Gambler said:
    "lmao I don't know if I've ever seen so much complaining about a movie before its release. Not trying to single you out Crackdown even I was complaining about how they better keep Gambit's Cajun accent. But with or with out it I'm still excited and have high hopes for this film. I dont know if you can tell much just from the trailers. Maybe Gambit's eyes only light up when he uses his powers? Either way his eyes wont make of break this movie for me. At least he's in it lol."
    SPOILERS
    In the movie his eyes are normal but when he uses his powers they go all funny.

Mutant X said:
    "erik said:
    "Gambit fans have no room to complain. The fans of Deadpool on the other hand...."
    True. I'm really pissed off about how he turned out."
    You can say that again.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pixelized

funny "haha" or funny "eww"

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Meteorite said:
    "SPOILERS

Look up
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Meteorite
    Gambler said:
    "Meteorite said:
    "SPOILERS

Look up"
    I was pointing out that they're not red all the time.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
    erik said:
    Truth Indeed Man... if you are a Deadpool fan... you wont be liking the way Deadpool turns out at the end... or Weapon XI rather...
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Meteorite said:
    "Gambler said:
    "Meteorite said:
    "SPOILERS

Look up"
    I was pointing out that they're not red all the time."
    Gotcha. In my opinion its silly to worry about such a small detail.
    GundamGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GundamGirl

gambits accent in the movie sucks though, i saw the film at the cinema today.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By warlock360
    Crackdown said:
    "In the movie pics and trailers Gambits eyes are normal, but his eyes played a big role in how and why he became who and what he is today. Yet in the movie they are neglected, and custom contacts only cost like 50 bucks. Your thoughts?"
    His eyes go red when you get up closer... like a pearl effect kind of thing
    loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By loganreme
    GundamGirl said:
    "gambits accent in the movie sucks though, i saw the film at the cinema today."

Yeah and he seems like a bit wimp too (which he isn't) there's no way in hell that wolverine would catch him, maybe Logan's adamantium is magnetised and Remy has metal on his boots so he couldn't move lol 
    loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By loganreme

Ohh! and another thing that bugged me was how come Gambit is a man and cyclops is a teenager........What? cyclops is about 5 years older than Gambit isn't he? ahhhhh!

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Gothic Storm

Alright so Gambit's eyes go red as he uses his power. That makes TONS more sense than him just running around with those red eyes like the old X-men cartoon. Sorry all, but I want my heroes as close to real as possible. The effects from the movie are excellent in that you see when he is about to charge a card or his staff.

Gambit, Wolverine and Deadpool are my favorite Marvel characters so I was really happy to see them come to life in this movie. If I get mad because one of them wasn't "perfectly matched with their comic counterpart", I just think about all those Hawk and Dove fans that will never see the duo on the big screen (hmmm I wonder why?)

As for Wolvie catching Gambit in the movie.... sheesh, guys, it's a movie.  (J/K!) But seriously, we're talking about a character who had fought in 4 wars, has the reflexes and instincts of a wild animal, and was waaaaaay pumped up on adrenaline at the time!

Oh and this Gambit had to only be about college age or just graduated maybe (21-24).

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    loganreme said:
    "Ohh! and another thing that bugged me was how come Gambit is a man and cyclops is a teenager........What? cyclops is about 5 years older than Gambit isn't he? ahhhhh!"
    You know this movie has NOTHING to do with the main X-Men continuity, right? They can do what they want.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gambit's always been older then Cyclops.

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TOAA
    Gambler said:
    "Gambit's always been older then Cyclops."
    Or so we are led to believe. Hmm....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.