Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Would you consider Galactus as a villlian?

• 120 results
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By AtPhantom
    @box turtle said:
    "
    Not anymore, Abraxas is gone.  "
    Abraxas isn't gone, he's always there he got rewrote when the Ultimate Nullifier was used to bring everything back to normal. "
    There is no proof to that statement and no one in Marvel Universe said it.  "
    Who cares? Gone or not, the point that Galactus is important to the universe is still reinforced.
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By box turtle
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @box turtle said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @box turtle said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @box turtle said:
    "
    First off, to clarify the world is round comment, I was refering to before Columbus (and anyway, in Columbus's time Spain believed the world was round, but many other countries didn't).     "
    That is a misconception. There is widespread evidence that the people in the middle ages knew the Earth was round.  As for this debate, I really don't see what's the problem. Galactus feeds because he has to. If he doesn't, the universe dies. It has been stated numerous occasions that he bears no malice to any living being who stands in his way, that it is simply his nature. "
    Abraxas isn't gone, he's always there he got rewrote when the Ultimate Nullifier was used to bring everything back to normal. "
    Really?

here you go.

After that everything was back to normal. "

Could you rescan that so I can read the last pannel, because I think its kind of important.
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103  Edited By box turtle
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @box turtle said:
    "
    Who cares? Gone or not, the point that Galactus is important to the universe is still reinforced. "

Other than Abraxas, no one has ever said what would happen if he just died.  In fact, for a while he vanished after a fight with Thanos, and nothing happened. 
    SEIVAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By SEIVAN
    @box turtle: 

While I found this topic interesting and drawn in, I was just as frustrated as I saw your (for a lack of a better word) dumb a$$ comments. 

Granted, your unreasonable responses forced the other forum members to pull out some amazing answers and rebuttals, yet it was painful to have to read your remarks as a fellow sentient being.

I joined as a member only so that I can say, (at the risk of being moderated) you "box turtle" are a dumb a$$. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but somehow along the way, you were proven 
    irrefutably wrong by multiple people from just as many third party sources. Typically, an opinion can not be proven right or wrong, but your answers and remarks were so ignorant and absurd that your opinion as a human became irrelevant. 

Its ok to be wrong.
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Waffle Fries

" @box turtle said:  It is really offensive that you compare Galactus to god.  God can create--Galactus can only destroy.  God created the world perfectly, BTW, its only people that corrupted it.  Galactus is just the form of corruption that makes the world bad. "

Which "god" are you talking about? The christian "god"? funny, how that "god" murdered 99.99% of his own world in his own book. Galactus is capable of creating life just as he has the ability to destroy it, much like many of the gods in the many different religions through human history. 

@SEIVAN said:

" @box turtle:   While I found this topic interesting and drawn in, I was just as frustrated as I saw your (for a lack of a better word) dumb a$$ comments.   Granted, your unreasonable responses forced the other forum members to pull out some amazing answers and rebuttals, yet it was painful to have to read your remarks as a fellow sentient being. I joined as a member only so that I can say, (at the risk of being moderated) you "box turtle" are a dumb a$$. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but somehow along the way, you were proven  irrefutably wrong by multiple people from just as many third party sources. Typically, an opinion can not be proven right or wrong, but your answers and remarks were so ignorant and absurd that your opinion as a human became irrelevant.   Its ok to be wrong. "
    ROFL!
    Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    Crazy_Wilhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't justify killing that many distinct innocent beings to sustain a life, especially in a universe where boundaries of possibility are so loose and fluid. Justice would demand that the villain Galactus be destroyed, the villain Abraxas be destroyed, and whoever follows after Abraxas be destroyed as well. Being old or powerful doesn't liberate the wicked from the demands of justice. Gosh.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By mk111

No, not anymore anyway. As I was explaining in another thread, Galactus has been, if anything, more heroic lately, even helping the FF defeat the Skrulls, and saving Reed Richards from the Celestials.

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

No Caption Provided

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of the narrative he functions as the antagonist - but more often than not it isn't due to anything malicious; the guy needs to eat. If he doesn't we're talking about creation folding in itself and more often than not when the Universe is about to be destroyed Galactus is on the front lines to defend it. If it wasn't for him the Cancerverse would have hammered through 616's defenses and taken over, same with the Mad Celestials & ect.

Not sure why people keep yammering on about the threat of Abraxas when we've got a number of duties Galactus finds himself working. As far as we know Abraxas doesn't exist as he traditionally did - now Galactus simply needs to eat or everyone dies in 616 (and seemingly reboot the universe when the time comes).

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus is only evil when he acts malicious towards his food. Otherwise, he's pure neutral.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No, everybody needs to eat. He shouldn't be different.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yesno

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus is a force of nature. He must exist to keep away a deadlier force. He despises what he must do, but after billions of years he has learned to put emotions aside, anf do what he must.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

btw, being galactus was forces on him, he didn't start that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-60143218790d8
    deactivated-60143218790d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He a villian, but he isn't evil.. If he doesn't consume he'll die and if he dies everything else dies too and abraxas will be unleashed.. Galactus himself said he doesn't support killing for no reason

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He just want to make his Grandma happy ;(

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, in order for galatus to survive, does he need to devour inhabited planets? If not, i would assume him a villian and as malicious as he could always decide to devour planets from uninhabited solar systems.

If he does, than it's simply a matter of nature. Galactus is as the spider to the fly, and theres really nothing to be done about it.

I alway question however, why does he want earth so badly? Wouldn't he, like all predetors, decide instead to choose a weaker prey?

Justinswigart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he just picks the wrong planets and he is hungry I mean if you where as bug as him what would you eat it's not his fault he was born that way like we where born to eat hamburgers and other food with tons of bacteria on it he was made to eat plants with tons of peole on it and aliens ect ... so in my opinion no

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus is necessary for the Universe if he doesn't feed on planets Celestials will overpopulate the Universe. Eternity even stated how important Galactus is to the universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.