NYCC 2014: Gail Simone Talks SECRET SIX

Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#1 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know anything about Secret Six, but I've heard it's a really unique series, which is what I look for/love about DC, so chances are I will like it.

#2 Posted by kennybaese (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Six is probably Simone's best work and it's one of my favorite superhero comics runs, so seeing her back writing the team makes me super happy. I'm betting she's not going to be able to use Deadshot since he's in Suicide Squad, which kind of bums me out, but there's still Catman, so I'm on board.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Super excited!

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a fan of the team since their inception in Villains United. I'm nervous about the changes being made to Catman and about this volume living up to the high water mark left by the last series. Regardless I'm super excited to have this book coming back after a 3 year absence. Hurry up December.

#5 Edited by Hawkguy (625 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for this, definitely one of my most anticipated books in the upcoming months.

#6 Posted by Dernman (26042 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Suicide Squad getting canceled? I think he belongs there more and don't want him in Secret Six if Suicide Squad is still around.

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: By him, I assume you mean Deadshot? I think he's sticking with Suicide Squad and it's not getting cancelled and replaced by Secret Six. I'd rather have Floyd on the Secret Six because I dont read Suicide Squad and I'd like to see his friendship with Thomas Blake re-established.

#8 Posted by johnny_blaze (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail Simone needs to do something new for a change.

#9 Posted by Dernman (26042 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: By him, I assume you mean Deadshot? I think he's sticking with Suicide Squad and it's not getting cancelled and replaced by Secret Six. I'd rather have Floyd on the Secret Six because I dont read Suicide Squad and I'd like to see his friendship with Thomas Blake re-established.

oops Yes I meant Deadshot. I believe I edited that out by mistake. I was hoping for something new from Secret Six to be honest which is why I was disappointed when I heard Catman name pop up. Not that it was bad before I was just hoping for something else. At least the premise sounds a bit different. Hopefully it will stay that way. No matter what I just hope this is one of the few times I like Simone's work.

#10 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: What were you hoping this iteration of Secret Six would be?

#11 Posted by Lawton1of6 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to miss the Deadshot and Catman bromance. Also Jeanette needs her new 52 appearance. One of my favorite fights ever was between her and WW.

#12 Posted by Dernman (26042 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Nothing in particular exactly. Just wanted something a bit different than a group of smaller semi to strait up villains doing their thing. I read a few books like that and like more than a couple teams like that.

Avatar image for timelordscience
#13 Posted by TimeLordScience (1940 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by redmanta (605 posts) - - Show Bio

a crossover between the Secret Six and the Suicide Squad would be awesome

#15 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkrider: That happened back during Blackest Night. It was pretty awesome.

#18 Posted by Lawton1of6 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: the Battle for Cowl one shot with Catman and Bane both secretly wanting to take over the mantle was great as well. Gail did a good job with the event issues.

#19 Edited by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by MrMazz (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Six is the DC book I am most looking forward to. Only recently started reading it on ComixOlogy and o man it's fantastic. It's the kind of fringe mainstream comics that I love.

#25 Posted by Arzix (38 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Lawton1of6 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@arzix: Batman's mantle. Catman and Bane both respect Batman and his role in Gotham. Ragdoll makes fun of both of them for secretly wanting to take over for batman during Battle for the Cowl.

#27 Posted by Arzix (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawton1of6: Thanks so is the book battle of the cowl?

#28 Posted by Lawton1of6 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Six #9. It's a tie-in one shot issue to the Battle of the Cowl event. The event was about who would take over for Bruce as batman after he was thought dead by everyone. The issue stands alone pretty well because it's more about Bane and Catman as characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.