Fuu was a ninja from the Takigakure who was chosen to be the Jinchūriki of the Seven-Tailed Horned Beetle. She is the only ninja to be a Jinchūriki who wasn't from one of the five largest Shinoni Nations.
Fuu (フウ, Fuu) is a supporting character of the Naruto series that was created by Masashi Kishimoto, It first began serialization in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in November 1999. She was later introduced during the Five Kage Summit Arc story arc that began in Volume 45.
She first appeared in Naruto Volume 55, CH. 515 "The War Begins!".
Fuu's first series reveal is seen in the splash page for the cover of Naruto Vol. 45 Ch. 420, along with many of the other Jinchūriki. Her story reveal wouldn't be until much later in the series in Volume 55.
Masashi Kishimoto designed Fuu with no real plan for the character's gender and has never formally addressed whether Fuu was to be a man or woman. The series has often been filled with sexually ambiguous characters. In concept art found in the Naruto 6: Road to Ninja movie, there is art that heavily implies she is female. A female voice actress was also selected for the anime and games.
In the series story, there is always a concern that the Jinchūriki could betray the village and leave with the power of the Tailed Beasts. It's been a tradition to select from the family of the village leaders. However, there is no Kage of the Takigakure. Her linage to the leader is unknown.
Major Story Arcs
At some point, Fuu was defeated and captured by the Akatsuki. By drawing out her Tailed-Beast. this is what caused her death.
Fourth Shinobi World War Arc
As part of the Akatsuki's plan to revive the Ten-Tails, Fuu and the other deceased Jinchūriki using the Edo Tense and implanted with the Rinnegan. They were all further controlled by the chakra receiver implanted in their bodies to be used as Obito Uchiha's version of the Six Paths of Pain. They were being used to try and capture Naruto Uzumaki and Killer Bee.
She aided in the fight against Naruto and Bee by blinding their vision with her Scaled Sneak Jutsu, and escaped being sealed by using her second version of the chakra cloak. After Kakashi Hatake and Might Guy came to reinforce Naruto, Fuu and the others were forced into their full Tailed Beast Mode to attack using the Biju Bomb.
As Naruto sought to free them all by removing the chakra receivers from their bodies, Fuu got to meet Naruto in another plain with Chōmei and the other Jinchūriki. As the Edo Tense was released, Fuu and the other were released back to the afterlife.
Powers & Abilities
As a kunoichi of the Takigakure, Fuu is likely a ninja of incredible skill in combat and ninjutsu abilities to be selected by the village as a Jinchūriki.
- Secret Tradition: Scaled Sneak Jutsu (秘伝・鱗粉隠れの術, Hiden: Rinpungakure no Jutsu): This technique is created by Fuu by expelling a fine powered from her mouth that has a luminous quality that can blind an opponent temporarily for attacks.
Various offensive and defensive abilities comes with being a Jinchūriki. It serves a source of chakra to be used to boost ninjutsu. With training, more power can be drawn out and controlled. A unique ability that comes with being the Jinchūriki of the Seven-Tailed Beetle is the ability of flight.
- Tailed Beast Cloak Ver. 2 (バージョン2, Bājon Tsū): Fuu has shown the ability to use the second version of the Tailed-Beast Cloak. This covers the user's body in a dark chakra that comes from the beast sealed withing the Jinchūriki. This is only a partial transformation that keeps much of the user's human form.
- Tailed Beast Mode (尾獣モード, Bijū Mōdo): The Tailed Beast Mode can only been used when the Jinchūriki has mastered control of their Tailed Beast's power. With this ability, they can take on the full form of the Tailed Beast.
- Bug Bite (蟲食い , Mushikui): While in her chakra cloak mode version two, Fuu seemingly attacks with what appears to be a glancing blow that is actually a piercing bite.
- Biju Bomb (尾獣玉, Bijūdama): The Biju Bomb is the ultimate offensive technique that is used among all the various Tailed-Beasts. This is created by molding positive black chakra (+の黒チャクラ, purasu no kuro chakura), and negative white chakra (−の白チャクラ, mainasu no shiro chakura) together. The power is then compressed. The opposing chakra must be balanced at an 8:2 ratio respectively or it will backfire.
Weapons & Equipment
Naruto Shippuden (2007)
The Naruto Shippuden anime series is the second direct adaptation of Masashi Kishimoto's original manga. This series is produced by Studio Pierrot and first began airing in February 15, 2007. Fuu's first anime appearance was in Naruto Shippuden Episode 205 "Declaration of War", which aired on March 31, 2011. Her character in the Japanese series is voiced by Ryōko Shiraishi, and the U.S. dub produced by VIZ Media has yet to announce a voice actress.
Fuu's first appearance in the anime is far earlier set than her original manga appearance. She is shown during a montage for the various Tailed Beasts and their Jinchūriki. She has no spoken lines in this scene. She is voiced by Kari Wahlgren in the English dub, and by Ryoko Shiraishi in the original Japanese audio track.
Fuu's first appearance in video games is in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (ナルト- 疾風伝ナルティメットストーム3, Naruto Shippūden: Narutimetto Sutōmu 3). This fighting game was developed by Namco Bandai and released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It was released in Japan in April 13, 2013, and in the U.S. in March 5, 2013. An enhanced edition called "Full Burst", is to be released in Europe during winter, available also for PC.
Since this game was released before Fuu's first voiced appearance in the anime, this is actually her first spoken role in the franchise. In the Japanese edition, Fuu is voiced by Ryōko Shiraishi, and the U.S. edition is performed by Kari Wahlgren.