Pseudosciences such as pyrokinesis, tissue regeneration, reanimation, time traveling, and telekinesis. Concepts like these are considered to be on the fringe of science, hence the term "Fringe Science." Many scientists consider these sciences to be impractical and illogical. Quite often, when a scientist embraces Fringe Science, their reputation ends up tarnished within the scientific community - considered by their peers to be "mad."
Theories, methods, and systems that are beyond modern scientific knowledge and are considered impossible by a logical scientific community. They are viewed as having no scientific basis.
Includes PROTOSCIENCE, which are sciences, concepts, and possibilities that have yet to be proven or publicly accepted.
ADOPTIVE MUSCLE MEMORY / MUSCLE MIMICRY
- The ability copy any physical action upon seeing it only once.
- The ability to separate ones astral body (spirit or consciousness) from their physical body allowing them to travel through space outside of their physical form.
- The study assuming the positions of the stars and constellations have a direct influence on human existence.
- A massive object in space (either created during the creation of the universe or by the gravitational implosion of a star) whose gravitational pull is so intense, that nothing, including light, can escape it's force.
- The ability to perceive items beyond the natural senses.
- e.g. Using a deceased individual's personal items to communicate with them beyond the grave.
- The ability to hear sounds that exist beyond normal audible capabilities.
- Creating genetic copies of a living organism.
- Transferring someone's consciousness (mind or spirit) into another body or vessel.
- A drug used in experimentation, to unlock one's hidden mental and physical potential. (FRINGE)
- The study of collectively combining ELECTRICAL NETWORK THEORY, mechanical engineering, logic modeling, EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY, NEUROSCIENCE, anthropology, and psychology to create mechanical prosthesis that physically respond to mental, physical, and environmental stimuli.
- A form of space matter that is invisible to electromagnetic radiation and is responsible for phantom gravitational forces within the universe.
ELECTRICAL NETWORK THEORY
- A collective network of various electronic components of all types and sizes (even microscopic) running on it's own closed circuit.
ELECTROCONVULSIVE THERAPY / ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY
- A treatment for serious illnesses, when all other methods have been exhausted, by coursing electric current through one's brain inducing seizures.
- The ability manipulate and control the elements - such as fire, water, air, electricity, or earth.
- Someone with the ability to feel the emotions of others, to understand their joys, fears, and pains. Some can feel the emotions of people who have deceased, that is, if the entity is present at the time.
- The ability for one to "infect" surrounding people with his/her emotions.
- The study of the origin of a species from a common descent - concerned with change, adaptation, and diversity over time.
- An alien race, humanoid beings from other planets - although there may very well be life on other planets, it is still a scientific theory that has yet to be publicly proven.
- Falls under PROTOSCIENCE and may include UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS (UFOs) and UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECTS (USOs).
- The ability to soar through sky and space unfettered.
- Creating a mixed-species animal, human, or creature, through genetic manipulation.
- The theory that the memories of past relatives remain stored in the brain.
- A collection of consciousnesses where individualism is nonexistent.
- An artificially induced trace resembling sleep, leaving one susceptible to suggestion.
INTANGIBILITY / PHASEABILITY / PHASING.
- The ability to physically pass though solid mass.
- e.g. Walking through walls.
- Some can make objects and other people intangible by making direct contact.
- Unable to be hurt or killed.
- The ability, or capability, to make one's self, a body, or an object, invisible to the naked eye.
INVULNERABILITY / IMPERVIOUS
- Incapable of being penetrated or injured.
- The ability, or capability, to make an object or a body rise or float. LEVITATION is a weaker type of TELEKINESIS.
- The ability to read minds and share emotions through a means beyond normal sensory capabilities.
- Also called EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION (ESP), THOUGHT TRANSFERENCE, and includes PSYCHIC ABILITIES.
METAMORPHOSIS / TRANSFORMATION / SHAPE-SHIFTING / MORPHING
- The ability to alter one's own physical appearance. Usually the individual has to make physical contact with whom they are changing into. Limitations depend on the individual.
- Includes THERIANTHROPES [Greek], which can morph into various creatures or beasts.
- e.g. A WEREWOLF is properly referred to as a LYCANTHROPE.
- The ability, or capability, to control one's impulses and actions.
- The concept of the existence of multiple parallel universes.
- A change or alteration of one's genealogy. Genes, chromosomes, and DNA alter, sometimes causing changes in physical properties and/or giving an individual special abilities beyond that of normal people.
- The scientific study of everything pertaining to the brain and nervous system.
- An alternate reality existing atop normal reality, but upon a different plane of existence. Differences depend on human choice.
- The ability, or capability, to foresee future events.
PSYCHIC / SENSITIVE
- The ability of being sensitive to influences and forces of a supernatural nature.
- The ability to read and feel the emotions of others and to inflict or project emotions into others, controlling their feelings.
- The ability to combust or set fire to an item or person through psychic concentration.
QUANTUM TECTONIC EVENT
- A sudden momentary disturbance at a subatomic level, where the energy disperses the atoms, tearing the fabric of reality. The atoms tear apart and reconstruct themselves incorrectly.
- The ability, or capability, to restore life.
RETINAL VISUAL IMPRINTATION
- The belief that the last images seen by someone before they died are imprinted on the retinas and can be retrieved through certain methods.
SPECTRUM EXPLOITATION / GHOST NETWORK
- The capability to jump between different, untraceable radio frequencies.
- Phenomena that are unexplainable by natural law.
SUPER SPEED / SPEEDSTER
- The ability to run and physically move at the speed of sound or faster.
- Having strength way beyond human capability.
TELEKINESIS / PSYCHOKINESIS
- The ability to move or warp the structure of an item with the mind.
TELEPORTATION or BAMFING
- The ability, or capability, to instantaneously transport (a body) across distances through land and space.
- The ability, or capability, to travel forward or backward through time.
TISSUE REGENERATION / HEALING FACTOR
- The ability to heal at an immensely increased rate and regenerate tissue such as organs and limbs.
WARP DRIVE / WARP SPEED
- Traveling through space at speeds beyond the speed of light.
- A mass in space, where everything that is sucked in and funneled into a BLACK HOLE is expelled from.
- A distortion of space-time, connecting two distant points, making them closer and faster to travel in between. Theoretically, the entrance of a WORM HOLE is called a BLACK HOLE and the exit is called a WHITE HOLE.
- The ability to optically see through objects. Lead usually impedes this ability.