Follow

Free Comic Book Day

Concept » Free Comic Book Day appears in 757 issues.

Free Comic Book Day is the one day a year where participating comic book shops in America and around the world give away comic books free to anyone who comes into the store.

Comic Uno Free Comic Book Day (my topic video)

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Here is my video on Free Comic Book Day. Tell me what you guys think.   

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By castleking

i should have gone to the comic shop but so lazy. i really like your vid blogs.
    hope to hear what everyone else got.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking: I am glad you liked it. I can't wait to hear what everyone else got also
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

For me I got Super Dinosaur Origin Special on behalf of Image, Young Justice/Batman: Brave and the Bold Super Sampler on behalf of Johnny DC, Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America/Thor: The Mighty Fighting Avengers on behalf of Marvel and Atomic Robo/Moon Girl/Foster Broussard on behalf of Red 5 Comics.  I wanted so much more too so I really had to take time to decide on those.  I made some actual purchases too, 3 trade paperbacks: Superman: Death of Clark Kent, Superman: Exile, and Superman: Last Son.  Unfortunately I had to pay cover price on all three, lol.  It really bites I think regarding the 5 issue limit because personally for me I think it should be a circumstantial rather than democratic thing in that those who are there earliest should get the first crack at everything.  I know, lol it defeats the purpose but its just my personal philosophy and I rather liken the five issue limit to reserved parking: it should be a 'first come, first serve' basis.  I'm still happy regardless though!

yeopop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#4  Edited By yeopop

You got plenty of things for free.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By shawn87

Im surprised you haven't read the House Of M story arc. How far back have you read in Marvel? Civil War? Secret Invasion?

I was too lazy to go out on Free Comic Book Day
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawn87: When House of M came out came out  I did not pick up a lot of comics or at least as much as I do now. It depended on the story arc and if it was good enough
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Silkcuts

It is always neat to see what others get.
    looks like the limit average is 5, I went to one store that was 7, but the selection left was bare. 
    I missed the heroclix this year, but I'm a Kyle fan anyway, so I am not too upset.
    And you are right, Free comic book day is a win for everyone.
    People get a gateway with little to no commitment, while the industry gets to promote their products in a friendly environment.

Because TCAF happened the same day I couldn't jump to store to store, so I went to Stadium comics, where they go all out, with a sale and artist alley.  I ended up wearing this years official shirt to get the back signed by artist I admire.

If I never mentioned TCAF to you, it is the Toronto Comic Arts Festival and its like a Giant artist alley.  So at TCAF I got Darwyn to sign the front and met more creators.  May 7th was great this year.
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silkcuts: The Toranto Comic Arts Festival sounds fun but it was too bad that you could not go to a comic store for Free Comic book day
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Silkcuts
    @haydenclaireheroes:  I went to two stories, one in the morning and one after TCAF, but normal FCBD I hit up a lot of stores...lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.