Follow

Frank Miller

Person » Frank Miller is credited in 1036 issues.

Frank Miller is one of the comic industry's most well known writer/artists. He is famous for his gritty, noir style and his revisions on classic heroes like Daredevil and Batman, as well in his creator-owned series Sin City.

SIN CITY 2 "Sooner Better than Later"

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Confirming what I’ve suspected about the current state of SIN CITY 2, director Robert Rodriguez recently told MTV that he and Frank Miller are pleased with the current script (even if Jessica Alba hasn’t read it), but the issue right now is scheduling.  

"It's only about timing… It could happen very soon. It could happen a little later. It could happen even later. But probably sooner is better… [it’s never too late to do SIN CITY 2] but I just don't want to wait that long. I know Frank doesn't want to wait that long."

Jessica Alba, for instance, was probably on set for a week, tops...
        Jessica Alba, for instance, was probably on set for a week, tops...

No Caption Provided

I figured that was the case since the first SIN CITY was made in a rather unorthodox way for a movie with that many Hollywood stars. It was as faithful as you can get to the comic, because there wasn’t actually a shooting script. That is, though they started off with an adapted screenplay, the crew literally just started using Xeroxed copies of the comics as the shooting script and shot list as it went along. Also, Rodriguez’s proclivity to fast shoots was accelerated even further by the HD video shooting (the camera never went off) and green screen sets. Jessica Alba, for instance, was probably on set for a week, tops, which is why they were able to get so many stars in one movie for a reasonable price - - they really didn’t use much of their time.  

So all that adds up to my assessment that as soon as Rodriguez and Miller finally decide to do it, the movie’s going to happen mighty fast. Well, the shooting, at least. I’m pretty sure post-production, with all the effects and color correction, is going to take plenty of time.

Just an aside, but Rodriguez talked about this while promoting PREDATORS as SXSW. Anybody else seen the trailer and agree with me that it looks positively seven kinds of badass?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Chaos Burn

predators looked.... AWESOME

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By goldenkey

Sin City should be a series. 
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By They Killed Cap!

not really into the first one sooo dont really care about the second one.
    Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Yaujtapool

I think Predators deserves an article of its own lol , though at the moment there isnt much info on it .

Diavir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Diavir

Can't wait, first one was done really well

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NXH

COME ON GUYS!!! MAKE SIN CITY 2 DAMNIT!!!!
    Predators does look promising. more so than the shitty alien crossover movies =/  

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sora_thekey

I'm going to say it: I have never watched Sin City!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bruce Vain

Well luckily they don't have to have all the actors say for a certain scene that day. Because that conversation Marv and Nancy had in the movie ; Mickey & Jessica weren't there in the same room. They shot different days. They just added them in there once they completed their scene.  

But they really need to get the ball rolling on this & hurry up & do Hell and Back damn it. Also,show the fight between Marv & Manute showing how Manute lost his eye.
    SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By SuperCoonce

i love that jessica alba pic. good work tom.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Jotham

They haven't even started? I thought they were almost done. ARGH!

Britt601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Britt601

This was one of the comic books turned movies that was well-made. I can't wait to see the second one.
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I would rather see his Madman movie.  I read about these ideas he was going to do for the movie, using the Sin City style but then using Technicolor, but he keeps making other movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.