Follow

Frank Miller

Person » Frank Miller is credited in 1036 issues.

Frank Miller is one of the comic industry's most well known writer/artists. He is famous for his gritty, noir style and his revisions on classic heroes like Daredevil and Batman, as well in his creator-owned series Sin City.

Could Frank Miller Work On The Green Hornet?

DemonicBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By DemonicBlade

Everyone here knows that FRANK MILLER was a genius for writing DAREDEVIL, RONIN, BATMAN - The DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, BATMAN - YEAR ONE, SIN CITY, and 300, and also kinda screwed things up with other comics and films like BATMAN - THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN, ROBOCOP2 & 3 (not to mention his comic on ROBOCOP), ALL-Star BATMAN & Robin, and worst of all THE SPIRIT film. Lately my friend told me that Miller's next project would on DICK TRACY (leave it alone you prick, I still like the 1990's film), and later told me something that could change everything about CRIME STORIES.
     My friend decided to read KEVIN SMITH'S GREEN HORNET, which I will soon read when I get the chance, after telling me that was based on script that was never produced as a motion picture (much like MILLER did for his ROBOCOP comic - which was cut into TWO movies). He went on saying the SMITH gave the GH a worthy adversary  (THE BLACK HORNET) because the overview about Green Hornet and Kato is that they lacked enemies, other than taking on gangs and crimelords (kinda like BATMAN or DAREDEVIL). Then he said something that I never thought possible, "I think that FRANK MILLER could a great job with THE GREEN HORNET." As I said, "HELL NO", then I quickly thought that their could be possibilities - especially for INSANE cover art (*CHECK OUT the alternate cover of Kevin Smith's GREEN HORNET #3 - how KATO was drawn ALMOST looks like something of MILLER'S design).

Think of this for a second: FRANK MILLER and KEVIN SMITH were successes for DAREDEVIL and BATMAN - with their stories of crime and the nature of grim and gritty. When Smith's HORNET series is OVER, what will become of the future (and it's spin-offs and other books from DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT: KATO, GH Year One, Kato Origins, GH Strikes, and now GH - Blood TIES)?

Should MILLER work on the GREEN HORNET, I have a few SUGGESTIONS:
    1 - DO NOT RUIN IT LIKE YOU RUINED THE SPIRIT movie! (I'm still pissed)
    2 - Give GREEN HORNET and KATO some SUPPORTING CHARACTERS and a bt of a ROUGES GALLERY because THEY NEED ONE....BIG TIME! SERIOUSLY. (WITH SMITH'S Hornet he created some offspring, love interests, relatives, and friends.Gangsters/criminals, crimelords, and assassins are okay, but there needs to more challenging adversaries, like BATMAN).
    3 - Do it as if you were re-living your writing experiences on DAREDEVIL in the late 70's and early 80's because you TURNED him to a popular and influential part of the Marvel Universe.
    4 - DO NOT go crazy with a DYSUTOPIAN FUTURE (should you ever have one for the GREEN HORNET) like you did in RONIN and DARK KNIGHT RETURNS (which worked perfectly in those books. ). DON'T ALSO GO TOO CRAZY WITH IT LIKE YOU DID IN THE ROBOCOP films.
    5 - EXAMINE some stories of the GREEN HORNET (mostly likely from DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT and NOW, as well as the TV SHOW and movies) to build the PERFECT Green Hornet universe. 
    6 - IF you decided to be THE ARTIST AS WELL AS THE WRITER, find SOMEBODY ELSE to be the ARTIST before you decide to be a ONE-MAN-SHOW.

I know it seems like I a bone to pick with FRANK MILLER, but I am just expressing my thoughts. What do you think? Could Frank Miller write a GREEN HORNET story, if he wanted to or not?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By IrishX
    @DemonicBlade: 

"3 - Do it as if you were re-living your writing experiences on DAREDEVIL in the late 70's and early 80's because you TURNED him to a popular and influential part of the Marvel Universe. " 

I think it could be great to have Frank Miller writing Green Hornet.
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

@IrishX: Did you know that GREEN HORNET teamed up with a FEMALE KATO (not MULAN KATO in KEVIN SMITH's run) named CRIMSON WASP. If she returned into a modern appearance, she would be the ELEKRA to GH'S DAREDEVIL.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Phil Hester is taking over starting with issue #11 after Kevin Smith. I think Year One and Kato Origins are going awesome with the writers they have. 

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

@jloneblackheart: Really? Also, I thought Smith's GH was suppose to be a MINI-SERIES, NOW it feels like a MAXI-SERIES/ongoing series.

So overall, do you think that MILLER could deliver a STRONG story for the GREEN HORNET?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge that's what the solicit for issue 11 says. Dynamite is really pushing the Hornet.

As far as Frank Miller, I don't really know. I've never really read any of his work.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By JonesDeini

Frank Millers skills have degraded to the point of nonexistence. I'd rather see Scott Snyder tackle this. His work on Detective Comics shows he has a flair for the noir. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.