k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

"Have you ever looked at a tiger and thought you ought to cover it up?"

Bryan Singer's original X-Men movies showed Magneto (Michael Fassbender) and Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) were quite close (as did the third, but let's not talk about that one, okay?) and we began to see signs of that connection in Matthew Vaughn'sX-Men: First Class and Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past. Given the title of the next X-Men movie, X-Men: Apocalypse, it's more than obvious who the big bad is, but what about the other mutants? Well, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming movie is going to put a strong focus on their romance.

Photo credit: Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Photo credit: Kevin Winter, Getty Images

According to the report, the script is being "crafted around" this relationship and they want to put the dynamic "front and center." How do you feel about that, Viners? Do you think there's a lot of potential there or do you believe other characters should be receiving more of the spotlight?

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I have no problem with it been treated like the last two films. Lets keep the strong focus on Apocalypse.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gracetrack

Honestly, I'm pretty tired of the whole Magneto/Xavier/Raven relationship thing. So this is not exactly good news for me.

Still, I'm sure a lot of people will eat it up.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As long as we get more of Fassbender as Magneto I think fans will be happy. Honestly I think he's better then Ian McKellen... oh yeah... I said it

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cdw101

Fassbender has beefed up! if I had 6 months n no job im sure I could get a body like that. Id just have to stop eating pizza............ like that's gonna happen!!!!

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I have really enjoyed Fassbender and Lawrence performances in their roles in the first two movies.

There are just too many big movies coming out between now and then though to get excited or even care about news for Apocalypse.

Diegotobaski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diegotobaski

Front and center? well as long as Sabah Nur is well "Fronter and centerer" I won't be having a problem, Oh and let's not forget the Survivor, (Logan)

Avatar image for ocareyinfluence
ocareyinfluence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ocareyinfluence

I wonder if it will imply that in the time between First Class and DOFP she had a relationship with Azazel and maybe had a kid named Nightcrawler. They can work it in since she obviously had a falling out w/ Magneto in that time frame and Azazel apparantly died. First Class actually made Azazel cool despite being a horrible character in comics. And Mystique and him obviously worked together for a bit on the same team. But I'm guessing they are going to ignore the fact that Magneto and Mystique already have popular characters as children and make up whatever to force a relationship that nobdy asked for.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they acknowledged that Quicksilver was Magnetos'

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks. There are many things i want to see more than Mags and Mystique being on and off.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

First Class was about the growth of Magneto and Charles' relationship, DOFP to a was about Charles and Mystique's relationship and now this will be about Magneto and Mystique's relationship. Seems like a full circle to me.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Magneto and Fassbender is always a good thing. He was the reason why the last two movies were good IMO.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It was already stated by producer Simon Kinberg that...

"I will say that [X-Men: Apocalypse] is definitely the close of a trilogy for those First Class characters, which isn’t to say we won’t see them in future movies, hopefully we will, but it’s a completion of an arc for them. I think that the friendship between Erik and Charles, which has always been so integral to the franchise, is something we’re continuing to explore and hopefully deepen withApocalypse.”

He continued, “And the relationship between Beast and Mystique is a really interesting one that we didn’t have a lot of time to explore in Days of Future Past, so we’ll have an opportunity to do more of that in Apocalypse.”

Maybe the Hollywood Reporter is confused?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I have no problem with it been treated like the last two films. Lets keep the strong focus on Apocalypse.

This

Avatar image for deactivated-57d568743bdb8
deactivated-57d568743bdb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop putting all the focus on Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence

and Wolverine.

Slonewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how a relationship will build between Erik & Raven, especially since they both tried to kill each other in DOFP, but I'm still excited for Apocalypse. Fassbender & Lawrence have excellent chemistry on screen in their roles, but I'm also hoping for a familial reconnection with Charles & Raven.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#18  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Not a big fan of Mystique in the movies. It seems like them just keep pushing her too much. ARE THERE NOT OTHER MORE IMPORTANT X-MEN CHARTERS THAN HER!?!?!

Still super duper excited for X-MEN Apoc!

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spidershamrock

I have no problem with this because they're both good actors and I like their portrayal in the films. This is probably because of how big Jennifer Lawrence is though, so I don't like that.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we get more of Fassbender as Magneto I think fans will be happy. Honestly I think he's better then Ian McKellen... oh yeah... I said it

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually would've preferred Days of furute past to have focussed on the future characters who seemed way more interesting power-wise. It just really feels like they are not giving us the characters we want but the actors who are most popular, which is understandable but kind of dissapointing.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

This makes a lot of sense. First magneto tries to kill mystique in the 70's but then she is hot for him again during the 80's. Say what!!!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Jenkale

cause the last film didnt focus on them enough??? ok.....

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i hope they focus on other mutants besides mystique and mags.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@pelykan: this

so over the woverine and his x-men days, ready for something new and different and COOL. what im most looking forward to in this film is the end of this franchise but the next one is going probably have loads of wolverine too sigh. he better not pop up in gambit's films

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wondering... Hugh Jackman has signed up for this movie, yet it is said to take place in the eighties, and the X-Men never met Wolverine until the first movie. How is that gonna work?
I understand Singer loves Wolverine, but this is one movie he shouldn't be a part of.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I was hoping this one would be more about Scott, Jean, and Ororo

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that would be interesting.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

@amazingwebhead said:

that would be interesting.

I know, right? It's high time the movies started focusing on the franchise's original concept of young mutants coming together to learn to control their powers.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surfingthehighway: The canon of the original films hasn't really mattered since First Class. It should have been/was probably meant to be a full reboot of the franchise, except for some reason (I presume Singer), they decided afterwards that it'd be connected to the original trilogy somehow.

I haven't seen DOFP yet, but I was kinda hoping that it being a time travel/paradox story would have fixed the kinks in canon/eliminated the original/somehow connect the two canons to be consistent with each other.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Magneto really get more and more spotlight

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheBlackHood
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I'm pretty tired of the whole Magneto/Xavier/Raven relationship thing. So this is not exactly good news for me.

Still, I'm sure a lot of people will eat it up.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead said:

The first two yes. But please no more of Halle Berry and stale acting. I'm biased because Magneto is my favorite comic character, period; and Fassbender is in my top 5 actors so the whole thing sounds like heaven to me.

I highly doubt Berry would play a much, much younger Storm

Avatar image for stayclassymarvel
StayclassyMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By StayclassyMarvel

I'm sorry to the fans, but I think these movies suck. The last one should have been called "Wolverine: Days of Future Past". I might be biased because Logan is my least favorite X-Man, but I think they kind of shat on all the other X-Men to make Magneto and Wolvie look good.

Don't get me wrong though- Fassbender's Magneto satisfies me.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By EdBlank

Please TOAA: let Marvel have their characters back.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@surfingthehighway: The canon of the original films hasn't really mattered since First Class. It should have been/was probably meant to be a full reboot of the franchise, except for some reason (I presume Singer), they decided afterwards that it'd be connected to the original trilogy somehow.

I haven't seen DOFP yet, but I was kinda hoping that it being a time travel/paradox story would have fixed the kinks in canon/eliminated the original/somehow connect the two canons to be consistent with each other.

I think you should give it a watch. It is hinted that Wolverine may not have had the same life after "fixing" the past, but there is no information to suggest Wolverine tagged along Professor and his team from the 70's onwards. It is still a possibility, though, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Frankly, I'd rather not have Wolverine in the center of yet another X-Men movie, but that's just me.

MB863

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel movies suck! They put characters where they don't belong, he story lines are way off, focus to much on the "love" in the films, depower some character to the point you think your watching a Saturday morning cartoon. I am still waiting on that film where its just "kick ass!!!" or "incredabad!!!". Most of these films appeal to a very younger generation or some one who has never read a comic book.

p.s. I still love seeing comic book movies in live action lol!

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id rather have AOX Morph than Mystique in the next film!!!

stueyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdw101 said:

Id rather have AOX Morph than Mystique in the next film!!!

YES!!

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fassbender was easily the best part about the movies (not that they weren't good, because I enjoyed them), but I seriously don't want the script to be centered around him and JLaw. It needs to be focused on Apocalypse IMO.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how a relationship will build between Erik & Raven, especially since they both tried to kill each other in DOFP

This makes a lot of sense. First magneto tries to kill mystique in the 70's but then she is hot for him again during the 80's. Say what!!!

Guys, this is the world of comic books. Where having sex with someone who just tried to kill you is practically a given.

bklynlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love them as actors in the franchise. Yes I'm for it. The tension between them is fierce and they bring the action. I would love for them to get standalone movies. :)