#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

I believe it's a better idea that X-men staff will give us permanent members of the four horsemen of Apocalypse. So who do you want them to be? They don't really need to represent War, Death, Pestilence and Famine. Besides, the real four horsemen are called Conquest, War, Famine and Death.

Here's mine:

After going through the process/rituals to officially make them a horsemen (my idea is these four horsemen have accepted to become loyal horsemen of Apocalypse. All can breathe and survive in space too.

Kenji - powers enhanced, immortality, high telepathic ability and can grow as large as the Asian continent.

No Caption Provided

Chimera - powers enhanced, and one thing I want to emphasize is Chimera can generate gigantic thousands of flare dragons who have minds of their own. Invulnerability, superstrength and can move as fast as the Helios probes.

No Caption Provided

Garokk - powers enhanced, and one thing I want to emphasize is he can create thousands of huge independent stone creatures.

No Caption Provided

Kierrok - can summon thousands of ngarais with different powers and abilities. Kierrok now has intangibility too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Cosmiccelest (176 posts) - - Show Bio

The Horseman for me Original powers need to incorporate the concepts of Death, Pestilence, War, Conquest. One thing I hated by the Horsemen was that 99% didn't fit the role.

#3 Edited by Tyger (2824 posts) - - Show Bio

They would need to be relatively minor characters that could be used. Characters that could be adapted and enhanced to the situation.

Famine: Energy drainer, vampire, or similar being. Souron is a good choice

Pestilence: Infestation our disease. Swarm or Carrion if you're willing to dig into Spider-Man villains.

(Maggot would be good for either of those two.)

War is all about the ultra violence, but not necessarily dumb about it. Daken perhaps. maybe one of Maddox's dupes lays the foundation of an army like in AoE.

Death.. needs to be scary. Angel to Archangel had an impact. Someone would have to come out of left field for this one I think,

#4 Posted by PyroFN (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the above in concept. They should represent the Horsemen in name as well as power. It will probably be similar choices as the Horsemen I chose in another thread.

Pestilence- Represents sickness. That means someone who is infected with disease of all kinds. Ultimately, there aren’t very many choices regarding that. So, why not Horsemen that act like a parasitic disease where they spread their influence, physically or not. They could be capable of spreading pollution. Lastly, these Horsemen would of course need to be immune to disease themselves, but still be capable of causing it. Therefore, I’m thinking Multiple Man comes to mind with his multiple copies. We saw his effectiveness in Uncanny of spreading....You know what, let’s make Glob cool. Make him become capable of making wax clones that could infect the victims in different ways. But the best choices are Elixir or Triage, literal healers.

Famine- Represents hunger. That means someone who is insatiably hungry, leaving nothing behind for everyone else. Selene, Bishop, Rogue, Havok, or Sebastian Shaw are the choices I’d make. Feeding endlessly on radioactive energy, life-force energy, elemental based energy, psychic power, and kinetic energy, etc., to enhance themselves. They’d also need to be able to transfer the energy as well, much like Gambit. Lastly, I envision a weapon composed of those hanging-scale, where they measure the cost by weight.

War: Represents, well, war. That means to me a summoning of all manner of fighting, weaponry, and power. If Hope weren’t the Mutant Messiah, I would’ve chosen her, but because she is, the next best thing is Synch, Mimic, or Vulcan. If Danger were a mutant, Is have chosen her, but alternative include Forge, Trinary, No-Girl, or my personal choice after the two aforementioned, Sage.

Death- Represents...ugh, you get the point. Control over Life-Forces, can kill by presence alone, cannot die by conventional means themself, and is the most powerful of the Horsemen. Strategically, I’d choose someone from the Grey-Summers line, from Jean to Rachel to Madelyne to Nate to Cable. (Phoenix connection is muy importante) Someone who can’t be touched is also optional. Therefore, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Nightcrawler, Azazel, or Bloodstorm. Others in terms of just powerful mutants, Leech, Legion, Matthew Malloy, Franklin Richards, Charles Xavier, Cassandra Nova, or the Living Monolith.

#5 Posted by HAWK2916 (4859 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Hope becoming a Horseman. Never thought about that.

Additionally I think that Genocide should always be a Horsemen. His powerset fits and him being a son of Apocalypse just works in my opinion.

Anybody remember the young mutant Host? Maybe as Pestilence that might be interesting.

I think bringing back someone like Adrienne Frost as a Horsemen would be especially good. Especially if we upgrade her to basically being a psychic vampire able to use psychometry. Sapphire Styx fits this as well though I envision her more for a Hellfire club member.

Maddie Pryor though already powerful also makes since as a Horsemen. Especially after seeing the OP mention someone being able to summon untold numbers of Ngari. Imagine her having her Goblin Queen powers and being able to summon demons or Ngari or whatever.

I say bring back someone like Fabian Cortez and make him a Horsemen. Or upgrade and bring back King Bedlam or Shinobi Shaw. I happen to think Sabretooth would make a good Horsemen as well as the Armageddon Man though I doubt he really needs any upgrades

Elixir being death or bringing back Wither also would fit well

I also can't forget the Apocalypse twins. They could be great villians and being Horsemen would fit perfectly.

#6 Posted by AsheTDust (1835 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m going to derail this conversation slightly and mention an idea I’ve had percolating in my brain.

I don’t think I’ve ever read a post about Apocalypse where people have been satisfied with the character. We know his Darwinian approach to life and while it works as a motive, powerset really does not impress. It never has.

So my idea is simply to give him a new far scarier powerset, that of, oddly enough, Darwin. The Omega Mutant capable of evolving to survive any event or challenge.

Opinions?

#7 Edited by cattlebattle (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashetdust said:

I’m going to derail this conversation slightly and mention an idea I’ve had percolating in my brain.

I don’t think I’ve ever read a post about Apocalypse where people have been satisfied with the character. We know his Darwinian approach to life and while it works as a motive, powerset really does not impress. It never has.

So my idea is simply to give him a new far scarier powerset, that of, oddly enough, Darwin. The Omega Mutant capable of evolving to survive any event or challenge.

Opinions?

A problem with villains like Sinister, Apocalypse, and several others is they (writers over the years) just essentially gave them every power. They can shoot lasers or have telepathy randomly whenever the plot needs it until the point where they could feasibly just do anything at anytime, but oddly don't. I was honestly fine with the original Apocalypse powerset of shape shifting on a mass scale. It made him pretty much unbeatable and it was unique for its time. Of course, back in the day Apocalypse wasn't supposed to be the "end boss" for all the X-Men and he was just more like X-Factor's main villain so, I understand times have changed.

I like your idea, but, I also liked the idea they had for Apocalypse in the film, where he just possessed new bodies and accumulated new powers along with powers he already had. Though, I wish they would just make a new villain and give them these abilities.

As for the Horsemen, I was never really keen on them. It just seemed like Apocalypse needed lackeys to battle X-Factor in their first official showdown. After that, Apocalypse would just use random henchmen like Caliban and the Storm Riders, or whatever they were called. Then, it sort of became a gimmick for shock factor that miscellaneous characters would show up brainwashed by him and be dubbed "Horsemen" even though they rarely had anything to do with the Biblical characters whatsoever.

I'll bite though...

I would just have Apocalypse keep it in the family.

War would just be Genocide/Nemesis/Holocaust/whatever the hell his name is. If it isn't broke, no need to fix it.

Famine would be Blink, just augment her with decaying powers and give her some weird skull mask.

Pestilence could be an unknown Brashir family member. Just give him/her a power similar to the Omega Clan with death spores.

Death would be Chamber with his head blown off by his powers and he omits a blast as well as being a powerful telepath. He can also manifest a psionic scythe too, because it would look cool. They aren't doing anything else with him so might as well do this.

Oh, and he would look like Dreamslayer..

No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by Thunderscream (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope - Death
Bishop - War
Chamber - Famine
Madrox - Pestilence

I think this'd be a terrifying quartet if utilized properly, make Hope the harbinger of Death Bishop warned us about (good idea @pyrofn) ...and then have him follow her into the belly of the beast in an attempt to redeem himself in a messed up kinda way.

#9 Edited by HAWK2916 (4859 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: interesting idea with Chamber being Death. It would be an interesting way to use him. And the psionic scythe would be awesome.

I really like Hope as a Horsemen too. Maybe she could be War.

Elixir as Pestilence might work well too.

Genocide is perfect in a role as a Horsemen. I like the idea also of him being Conquest more so than Famine but either works

#10 Posted by McKlayn (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

the whole Horsemen thing is overdone, the only way i want to see them is if instead of a bunch of brain washed nut jobs they become believers in the whole Survival of the fittest and become full time villains we can develop a bit and see over and over as his horsemen. Some power juice for following him sure but no brain washing so my choices

Death - Sabertooth

War - Hellion (why not hes not doing anything else)

Pestilence -Wither

Famine - Blob

#11 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope herself grows into a Apocalypse/Stryfe like figure. Her Horsemen are:

Transonic - War

Velocidad - Famine

Primal - Pestilence

Kenji - Death

Very old concept, that I think still feels fresh.

Opinions?

But... he has all physical superstats , force fields, immortality, size manipulation, shapeshiting on cellular level, sort of psionic abilities, energy projection, indestructable Celestial armor bonded to his DNA and technopathy. He has immense power, it's just X-writers are so crap they can't even handle that powerset. I mean, imagine him going all out with all of that listed. He'd make Thanos think twice. But... stories about degeneration, for someone who's immortal AND has molecular control of his own body is apparently too boss to resist to...

#12 Posted by HAWK2916 (4859 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: not bad for Hope and the lights. Seems like Idie should be in there as Famine. Maybe kill one like Primal or Velocidad which pushes the others over the edge

#13 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916:

I actually left her out on purpose. Also, the powers. Each and every power translates conceptually into the fitting Horseman. Primal is savage so with him come back all the sicknesses and plagues humanity considers subdued. And another special decease that will make him control the horde of infected, zombilike, mindless and devolved people who are driven by PRIMAL instincts. Velocidad isn't a speedster but time manipulator, so that gives him the power to create spatial time holes that will drain people out of health, energy and life. Something like one of the Apocalypse twins had actually, but due to his own power and not Kang's tech. Transonic showed attraction to guns, made her natural War contender. Her powers were ill-defined so I gave simple additional physical amps and special ability to create constructs (that would look rather cryptic and deformed rather than sleek AF Green Lantern constructs, for example) that will take shape of any weapon, or multiple ones. She's that one woman army type, quite literally. And then there's Kenji. He's dead but he was a biokinetic madness incarnate. "Dead" for him would be rather easy state to transcend from which makes him a perfect Death. Unkillable, shapeless, biomadness. Embodiment of body horror right here.

I had a story in mind, and Idie had a role in her normal state. Also, it would be harder for her to conceptually fit as well as those if you see where I was coming from.

#14 Posted by HAWK2916 (4859 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I gotcha though one could argue that Idie with her powers would also fit the Famine role.

#15 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by HAWK2916 (4859 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: not sure. She can already burn and freeze so maybe firestorms and blizzards like what Iceman got when he had the death seed. Hell I'd rather he revert back to that anyway. Feels like such a wasted opportunity with that anyway. Instead of letting Bendis make him gay they should have pushed the Death seed more. It was more interesting for sure

#17 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916:

Indeed. I always felt like his issues come from wanting to be the average guy and not really being able to cope with the godlike abilities of his.

#18 Posted by Cosmiccelest (176 posts) - - Show Bio

The best permanent Horseman would be if Apocalypse himself conceived them. Best way would be for Apocalypse to have a child with one of the goddesses of Death, A child with Galactus for Famine, A child with the phoenix for Conquest, A child with a skyfather for War. Basically creating the best genetic children with the best genetic material he can get his hands on. With this it even ups their chances of being omega level children. They would be related to Apocalypse and fit better within his storyline than random mutants.

#19 Posted by del_torro (3623 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse

DeatH-Archangel(with death seed making him more powerful and completely loyal)

War-Holocaust(secretly plotting to take over)

Famine-Exodus(Apocalypse takes the body of the omnipath, Gamemaster and forces Exodus to serve him)

Pestilence- Mr Sinister (also being forced to serve)

Then a team of Dark riders, all being controlled through celestial tech and telepathy: Stryfe and Magneto.

With the shadow king as an ally whispering in his ear and manipulating things.

Also, a certain chaos god finds this amusing, so Juggernaut has to help.

How do the X-Men survive this

#20 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I'm glad you also like the idea of making Kenji a horseman of Apocalypse.

#21 Posted by deacon218 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love to see a version of horsemen that are based upon the genes he obsesses about; Summers, Grey, Xavier, Magneto...heck even Logan, McTaggert, or Mystiques genes...

Pestilence-Legion-Xavier gene-Would start the whole thing with his obtaining Legion, who is like a pandoras box of powers for Apocalypse. Uses his powers to help resurrect horsemen Daken and Greydon Creed; along with a comatose Proteus under containment

Famine-Polaris-Magneto gene-Already possessed as a horseman, she is returned to her evil duties, and used to attack and obtain Havok, who is the Summers gene

Death-Daken-Logan gene-Resurrected to hunt for Apacalypse, mutated to be much stronger and faster

War-Greydon Creed-Mystique gene-Resurrected-Spreading discord amongst human, the true seed of war; yet this time secretly having activated powers by apocalypse based upon his parents abilities

Proteus-McTaggert-Resurrected, but still mystery to Apocalypse. Could be a wild card as he races to untap how to control him, but is the only entity powerful enough for the Xmen to defeat Apocalypses version of Legion

Genesis-the clone of Apocalypse, in the care of Xaviers school; Crucial somehow to defeating the original...

Grey gene-would like to use Rachel Summers as his target; the missing gene he still desires the most...

Who is being guarded by her brother Cable; the perpetual mutant finger in Apocalypses face

Dunno, just for fun lol...

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'm tired of stories being controlled by villains that is why I chose characters who are not heroes to become horsemen of Apocalypse.