X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR Brings Family, Fights, and More to a 'Very MARVEL Superhero Story'(Preview)

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hyoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am looking forward to it

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... In general the X-Men don't get along in Crossovers, so I'm not very hopeful despite being curious.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wat is Magneto wearing?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: You remember his costume during “Trial if Magneto” when he took over the school for Professor X.....it’s that costume. Anyway,

I just hope that Storm and FF remember that they are actually Friends. And I hope the X-Men don’t come off as Assholes and the FF jumping to random conclusions.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Haven't they done the "his powers are fading and we don't know why" thing with Franklin before?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men/Fantastic Four (2020) #1 (of 4): Director’s Cut

KRAKOA. Every mutant on Earth lives there … except for one. But now it’s time for FRANKLIN RICHARDS to come home. It’s the X-MEN VS. the FANTASTIC FOUR and nothing will ever be the same.

X-Men/Fantastic Four (2020) #2 (of 4)

The world has been re-shaped by the X-MEN. But you can’t reshape a world without encountering its true master…DOOM..

X-Men/Fantastic Four (2020) #3 (of 4)

A nation of mutants’ lives is at stake while FRANKLIN RICHARDS makes a momentous decision! Will the FANTASTIC FOUR and X-MEN just stand by and allow it to happen?

X-Men/Fantastic Four (2020) #4 (of 4)

The exciting finale! On an island of doom, the X–Men and Fantastic Four fight to save the future! Lines will be drawn in the sand and enemies will be made, upending the Marvel Universe!

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can I get an update please, is Xavier currently dead or no? I assume he can be resurrected just like every other mutant, but it seemed like such a big deal that he'd been killed in X-Force.

I couldn't kill my curiosity...but wish I had. The art is clunky and not that it's horribly written, I just didn't like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: He was resurrected on the third issue of X-Force. It's one of the best DoX books out there.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#12 god_spawn  Moderator

Issue wasn’t bad.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Franklin is almost 17 so whatever decision he makes, both sides should respect it.

Xspectre32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loving this so far and i do love the new lines drawn due to Krakoa becoming an independent nation. it shows ow some of the old bonds within the super hero community are either still strained or have stretched even further(lol) but also alot of good points were brought up within this issue. Franklin has known he was a mutant since forever and has lived with Generation X for sometime, Artie and Leech are 2 of his best friends (Speaking of are they with Future Foundation or are they on Krakoa now). what Reed did as far as making him unable to go to Krakoa was both a violation to franklin as well as a safe guard so as a parent its understandable but as always the execution tends to make the intent seem more than what it is and Leery of Mr. Fantastic especially when u look at the convo between Franklin and The Thing

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The X-Men are real jerks in this issue.

The attitudes and outlooks of every X-Men is extremely passive aggressive bordering on hostility.

They all feel really off. This embracing of we are superior to humans ideology they all have, its like they're adherents of Magneto's beliefs, which I guess is the point.

But it rubs me the wrong way.

How the X-Men are now very... well, they don't get along with any other superhero or super team out there.

The camaraderie between the various heroes and teams was something that was really good for marvel heroes.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I completely agree.....BUT I feel like the X-Men being on bad terms with alot of those super teams is sorta necessary.

Like the Avengers are basically a government sponsored team in the modern day. The same government that doesnt necessarily agree with what the X-Men do most days and that the X-Men only exist to act in the stead of.

They kinda have to be at odds philosophically since the X-Men are far more grounded.

The Inhumans.....just went through a Mary Sue phase where everyone had to feel bad for them because they lost the magic Mist that was literal killing people.

The FF though....this seemed pretty forced. Like I could totally see Sue and Reed reacting angrily.....but Sue just puts a force field in the front of her door so that she doesnt even have to talk to them.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Susan has always been very ....let’s say proactive in the protection of her children and the seeds for her and Reed’s hostility were planted in HoX #1 and thus the payoff to that.

I also think the X-Men are pretty justified in their stance and dealing’s with Humans and Human sponsored teams

Xspectre32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: which is exactly why i feel that what was shown with Maximie & Manon in New Mutants latest issue is bigger than what we know at the moment. Kitty is the only one maintaining a level head

Xspectre32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: all of this does seem semi-forced especially since it was the X-men & Generation X that took Franklin in when the FF were thought dead. also the X-men always seemed to come to FF aid without much of a nudge were as its usually begrudging when it comes to most other hero teams especially the Avengers. i feel the FF and especially Sue are more so against what the X-men are doing because they dont want to be scrutinized like them, especially with Franklin being a mutant

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@ursaber: I completely agree.....BUT I feel like the X-Men being on bad terms with alot of those super teams is sorta necessary.

Like the Avengers are basically a government sponsored team in the modern day. The same government that doesnt necessarily agree with what the X-Men do most days and that the X-Men only exist to act in the stead of.

They kinda have to be at odds philosophically since the X-Men are far more grounded.

The Inhumans.....just went through a Mary Sue phase where everyone had to feel bad for them because they lost the magic Mist that was literal killing people.

The FF though....this seemed pretty forced. Like I could totally see Sue and Reed reacting angrily.....but Sue just puts a force field in the front of her door so that she doesnt even have to talk to them.

I wouldn't say the X-Men are more grounded but rather isolationist, segregated even alien at times. They want to completely divide themselves from humanity which is impossible because no matter the genes or how much they call themselves mutants or superior, they were humans before they became mutants upon the activation of their power. They are as much human as they are supers.

Inhumans thrive in their own spotlight but not the main stage. They're cult, niche, not mainstream.

Sue's initial hostile response to the X-Men I can see being unwarranted but the rest of the reactions of the F4 towards the X-Men were justified.

The biggest issue in this book is how they failed to take into account Franklin's POV, how he feels about maybe going to Krakoa, does he identify with mutants or the X-Men, etc. We didn't get that at all, just the X-Men and F4 having a slugfest over his possession.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x: No, this is a severe escalation from what happened there.

Apparently a brief conversation with Scott and scuffle with the brotherhood...both of which they won, was enough for Sue and Reed to believe that even Xavier coming to talk with them is enough to start a brawl in the street.

Granted Xavier and Magneto came off completely out of touch with the suggestion that the FF should shut up and let the 14 year old decide.

As I said initially on the other page, I'm overall disappointed that a longer and more serious discussion wasnt had on the nature of Krakoa and the FFs plans and feelings about raising a child in a Post- Krakoa world.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I believe your misguided there, if only because your taking the current status quo as a whole and assuming it has always been there mindset both as a team and as a philosophy.

The X-Men have always been heroes, always saved the world from the same threats as the Avengers and other teams. More often then not they aim for the enemies that are a threat to their kind or come from their kind.....but only as a result of their mission being about being the face of mutant kind and a positive future for mutants and humans.

When the Avengers see a young mutant with out of control powers their objective is to stop them and let the authorities figure out the rest. When the X-Men see a mutant in trouble they have to save them and then fight the system afterwards.

There role as social justice heroes just doesnt agree with the Avengers who are more lawful good. They just have more of a responsibility because of them being MUTANTS.

Sue put a bubble up around Magneto and Johnny apparently just dislikes the X-Men ingeneral going by his reaction. The confrontations were very forced across the board.

Inhumans are....inhumans

Xspectre32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: franklin was a ward of Generation X and has best friends that are mutants as well. he knows what he is, as shown in this book it was his parents decision to keep him away from mutants. the FF have always had close ties with the X-men except on matters of mutant survival which effects Franklin as well. for the most part the X-men & the FF had the least amount of bad blood and only are at odds depending on the writer and that writers plot points. of all the FF Johnny is the only one who should have had real ill feelings towards the X-men due to him being involved with the IVX storyline. mankind has always been more for everything other than mutantkind, from inhumans, to enhanced humans, post humans and even aliens... they accept them over mutants at every turn no matter how many times mutants and mainly the X-men have put their lives on the line. take Captain marvel for instance she was deemed an enemy of the people for being half kree yet once she saved a child the people stopped caring that she was half kree and started loving her again. the X-men have been doing it for years and the people still hate them. like some of the X-men have stated it was time for Mutants to step up and do whats best for them as well as still maintaining an aspect of what they always stood for which is to protect their home planet and all people on it, the difference is they will no long stand by and wait for those who would do them harm but instead go out and do whats necessary to protect themselves and their people, the ones who have always across multiple timelines and alternate futures got the bad end of the stick. thou some of the stances the Mutants take is extreme their reasoning is justified

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading this issue literally 5x because it was good.

Honestly, I’d say BOTH sides are wrong.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading this issue literally 5x because it was good.

Honestly, I’d say BOTH sides are wrong.

agreed

though I lean more towards the side of the F4 given he's their son, he's still under aged and they're the coolest family in Marvel

whereas this new status of the X-Men give me the creeps

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its good to see both teams at each others throats. Blood for blood and an eye for an eye. If the X-men wish to be isolated they need to mind there own damn business. That way less crossovers like this don't happen.